April 26, 2024, 01:08:50 pm

Author Topic: In Search for Freedom FML Cup  (Read 4734 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
In Search for Freedom FML Cup
« on: July 29, 2013, 12:36:14 pm »
:FMLN:

About a month ago Searcher_FF and Shipit held a FFA tournament called, "In Search for Freedom FFA Cup".  A number of us were a bit skeptical about it, but those of us that could participate attended the event.  It turned out to be an overwhelming success!  It produced some great games and an entire day of entertainment.  In fact, one of our very own players, :Russia: :ne: WhoGuess, ended up winning the entire thing! 

After the event, Searcher_FF contacted me and asked me what I thought about the tournament and if we had any interest in joining forces.  I said that I was impressed and would certainly talk with the other admins. He said that if we could provide more FML players and admin power he would provide the funding!

This tournament will have a prize pool!

Prize
The current prize pool is $300 USD, but it’s possible that the total amount could increase since Searcher_FF is talking to other sponsors as well!

1st: $180
2nd: $40
3rd: $40
4th: $40

Date

August 25th, 10:00 EST/16:00 CET

Format
Much like the last tournament this one will be a bracket styled. 160 participants will be accepted.  The top 32 most proven FFA and Warcraft III players will be given a seed.  The other 128 will play in the first round, with 32 more winners coming from those games.  From there we will have 64 players, then 16, then 4, and then a winner.  Those that sign up after will be added to a sub list with priority given to those who sign up first.
Rules
1) Hacking or preteaming are grounds for a permanent ban from this tournament, and any future tournament. 
2) English will be the only language used, no exceptions.  If you don't speak it then we are happy to provide translations for directions.
3) The tournament will be played on the FML Hostbots.  The FML-Hostbots are capable of connection to many realms, all of which are posted below.  When registering for the tournament please include what server you will be playing on, and what account.  This will be the only account you are allowed to play.
3a) If all players agree, games may be played on Garena, however this must have unanimous consent.
4) Smurfing is prohibited.  A player attempting to smurf will be removed from the tournament.  A player who participated in previous FML and/or GG.ru events in the past must register to this event under the same identity.  Players who played on FML bots must play at same account.
5) There is a 10 minute grace period to show up for your game.  Any longer than that and you will be subbed.
6) Disconnecting before the three minute mark will result in a regame.  After the three minute mark the game will be continued.  To prevent disconnects you can download GProxy+.  More information can be found here.  But, in essence it is a program that will allow players to reconnect to the bot for up to three minutes. Regardless of the circumstances.
7) Maps will be assigned for each round.  They will be announced in advance.
8) No private messaging
9) No picking colors for advantages.  Example, don't pick brown on a brown map.  If 2 players complain about your color you must change it.
10) Everyone has the right to one 3 minute pause.
11) The winner of the game must report the result to an admin.  Any attempt to report a fake win will result in a permanent ban.
12) Admins reserve the right to make decisions on a case by case basis at all times.  Admins for this tournament will be FML|Mage, FML|Worpex, FML|Persuade, FML|Ugrilainen, FML|Renaud, FML|Pinballmap, and Searcher_FF

Sign-Ups

The realms that can be used to connect to the bot are:

(click to show/hide)

To sign up for this tournament, head over to this link.  Post in this thread saying you want to play, what realm (Azeroth Battle.net, Garena, Rubattle.net, etc) and what your account is.  All players will be required to check in prior to their game, the method for doing so will be announced when it is needed.

If you have any questions then please visit us at FFAMasters.net to ask them, and make sure to like us on Facebook to stay informed about all of our events: FML Facebook Page

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:14:26 pm by FML|Ugrilainen »
Hi

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: In Search for Freedom FML Cup
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 12:26:55 pm »
Tournament has been posted on GG.RU now as well. 

http://goodgame.ru/event/6654/
Hi

Offline hydro

• Shaman
  • Never give me your phone number!
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: UnholydreadlorD
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 02:37:34 pm »
WOW, what the !!~! great job guys!!

Offline FireDragon

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: firedragon
  • Race: Random
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 02:43:31 pm »
Not sure where best to post this, I am putting together a media package for FML and for this Tournament. It will include.

Full length trailor
FML Logo video 1 & 2
Desktop Background Posters HD 1920x 1080 (16:9) & 1280 x 960 (4:3)
Banners 500 x 100

If you want something more, then let me know. This is a free media package for FML worth $300 through www.dragon-computing.com (site still under development). I will use it as an example of our work.

Offline audigy

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: trumpcard
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 01:06:39 am »
is this tournament still available.

Ugri2

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 01:14:06 am »