April 25, 2024, 11:42:22 pm

Author Topic: Only select players play league?  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Humanity

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: OGHumanity
  • Race: Human
Only select players play league?
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:12:53 pm »
I noticed a favorite group of players in the league. It is no wonder they feel so great about their skills, when they are the only league members. Effort after effort to play league, try out, there is no REAL information that leads to joining. I guess we who want to play have to read every unrelated post in hopes of finding out how. How to join? It should be a easy process like a how to step by step page... Ask members, and they won't even chat back. I am online enough to know... they don't want competition.

Ugri2

Re: Only select players play league?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 04:21:44 pm »
It is easy.

to register for an announced koffa game, click on koffa banner and register

to register for league, you will have to wait for the next season to be announced

bot ladder is everyday on bot

Offline Humanity

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 04:45:35 pm »
That's what I am talking about. With that response... I am still guessing. What banner? Is it a picture or a link? What page? That is so general... If it's a link, I already know when I get there I will have to guess what to do next. Be specific and make it easier. This is wacked

Offline Humanity

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 04:48:14 pm »

Calendar

F16 (Bet)

Sunday July 14th

14:00 EST - 20:00 CET
WaN Gears- Persuade Sk2flash KOFFA

Saturday, July 13th

15:00 EST - 21:00 CET

KOFFA

Sunday, July 14th

12:00 EST - 18:00 CET

(The above links lead to a page where people are talking...) Is this what you mean? Its the only koffa link.

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 05:04:21 pm »
Go on

http://ffamasters.net/index.php

and click on the big picture above the chatbox ( King of FFA)

or just wait for the Season 17 qualifiers announcement if you want to play in the league,

Offline Humanity

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 05:13:21 pm »
Fantastic. The link provided done the trick. To the veterans, what to do is clear.

Respectfully the web builder needs to simplify for people who might be good wc3 players, but suck at navigating a new site.

Ugri2

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 06:45:15 pm »
I dont like people whining and complaining, like we would be a business and you would be a customer.

Yes you need to read when you click on a banner. There are no veterans, half of koffa players never played in the league and are not in clan FML. They just dont wait for someone to read the site for them and explain everything to them.

They take care of themselves or they ask nicely and we help them out.

Ugri2

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 06:50:13 pm »
btw cut with the irony and the aggressive tone and thank people here who tried to help you providing answers to your questions.

Offline Lok

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 07:07:49 pm »
btw cut with the irony and the aggressive tone and thank people here who tried to help you providing answers to your questions.

Think Humanity meant to say:

I'm glad that someone spends so much of their free time minding the site/community providing a great place to play WC3.  I don't know where I would play if this wasn't here, and we really appreciate the effort I was just having slight issues navigating the site.  Thank you all FML admins.

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 06:37:35 pm »
^lol

awesome post by Lok.

Humanity seems to just be very new to any form of competitive wc3. Basically, as simple as anyone can put it, FML is divided into multiple ways to play competitively.

First, there is the actual FML (FFA Master's League), where everything began. How this works, is similar to any other sport, there is the season, where a pre-determined amount of players play over the course of a season (with each season consisting of 4 matches). The players schedule the matches and have usually 2 weeks to complete the match, then get points based on the result (25 points for 1st, 10 for 2nd/3rd, and 5 for 4th). At the end of the "season" the top 3 players auto qualify for the finals, and the next 4 players (4-7) qualify for a semi-final. This would be the equivalent to a diff sport's "playoffs" so to speak.

Players aren't added in the middle of the season, barring unusual circumstances where a player has to drop out for whatever reason.

At the end of each season, the next season's "qualifiers" are announced in a big front page post. For a few weeks anyone who would like to compete fills out an application (information for the application will be on the news post regarding the upcoming qualifiers), sends it the link provided, then waits until the application period is ended. Then, the people who applied play matches and the winners qualify for the season. The qualifier format will more than likely depend on the amount of applicants.

So, in conclusion, what everyone has been trying to tell you is that the "season" has already been running, and you are unable to join until the next season. Once the next season's qualifiers, you are welcome to apply and compete and try to qualify like everyone else has done. Then, if you qualify, you will be among what I believe you are referring to as the "favorite group of players", who aren't really the favorite group of players, they are just the ones who qualified for the season in the manner already mentioned above.

The other two forms of the league have already I believe been explained to you, the koffa games where anyone can sign up every week, or the bot ladder, where anyone can play every day.

Sincerely,
Mog

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
  • Race: Random
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 10:33:38 pm »
If you take time to survey the site and read the rules its quite easy to understand.

Offline GKrown

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 02:58:59 am »
possible english isnt his first language?

Offline ashalar

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ashalar
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 03:26:08 am »
sadly he's from usa

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 04:24:03 am »
Question is solved. Mog pointed it out very precisely.

// Thread closed