March 29, 2024, 02:35:26 am

Author Topic: 16: We're Legal! (In Most Places)  (Read 4142 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
16: We're Legal! (In Most Places)
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:58:22 am »
:FMLN:

After a somewhat successful somewhat chaotic qualification process for the Season 16 we’ve managed to narrow down our field to a select, elite, lucky 16 people! 

Auto-Qualified
:USA: :ra: Seksi
:Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky
:USA: :ne: DFM

Qualified Through Play
:Russia: :ud: Sk2flash
:USA: :ra: FiRel)rAgOn
:Russia: :ra: WHoguess / GM
:Germany: :ud: PwNu.WaN
:USA: :ra: Persuade
:France: :ud: Ugrilainen
:Germany: :hu: Lightweight
:Poland: :orc: Gears
:Finland: :ne: J33
:Germany: :ra: FAiL.Life
:USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet]
:Serbia: :ra: Svedriko
:Germany: :hu: Humans7ar

Now, without further ado, our Season 16 Round 1 Schedule!

Map: Silverpine
 :SP:

F1
:USA: :ne: DarkFlameMaster
:Germany: :orc: Lightweight
:Germany: :ud: WaN

:USA: :ne: DarkFlameMaster

A new player that randomly showed up prior to Season 15, he took the league by storm.  Managing to auto-qualify for the finals in his first ever season.  Upon reaching the finals he played a dominating game that earned him many a fan.  Unfortunately, he wasn’t quite able to pull out the win.  Still, for his first season he did remarkably well.  Will this season provide somewhat of a Sophmore Slump, or will he keep up his remarkable play and prove to just be as threatening as ever?

The premier Undead player in FFA, his list of accomplishments is endless.  The main one though would have to be his threepeat of FML championships.  There’s no other player that has accomplished this, and it does not look like anyone else will be doing so in the foreseeable future, if ever. 

:Germany: :hu: Lightweight

One of the most polarizing players in FML, he plays both Orc and Human to represent the two sides of his personality.  When he’s in the loveable lightweight mode he plays Human.  He plays a passive game and just lets everything come to him.  No matter what type of situation arises he’s able to deal with it.  When evil Lightweight comes out though he plays Orc.  An unpredictable race that can come and go with the simple press of a windwalk, it well represents the moodiness that comes and goes within one of our favorite players.

:Germany: :ud: PwNu.Wan

A player that probably needs no introduction for most of the Warcraft community, Wan is a strong solo Undead player.  He won his first game in convincing fashion, however it was a bit of a weird game that ended very quickly.  There are high hopes for him however, and we look forward to seeing how he performs in Season 16.

F2
:Serbia: :ra: Svedirko
:Germany: :ne: Fail.Life

No comment

Ok, fine.  A player that has proven to be highly successful over the past few seasons, he’s struggled to take that last step.  The semi-finals are currently proving to be his bane, but with a solid showing in the qualifiers it’s possible he’s finally got everything put together.  Maybe this will be the year that he wins a semi-final game, or more likely directly qualifies for the finals.

One of FML’s oldest players and admins, he’s back for another season after a brief hiatus.  A solid Undead player who’s been around the block a few times, he has a great grasp on most things FFA.  While his micro will probably never be considered one of the best, his macro more than makes up for it.  He made the finals a few seasons ago, admittedly in an odd way, but he’ll be looking to replicate the results this season, and possibly take it even further.

:Serbia: :ra: Svedriko

A newish player who almost didn’t even get to play in the second round of the qualifiers, he got his shot at the last moment.  Playing with power houses such as Audigy and Renaud, he managed to fly under the radar and pick up a win to fill the second to last spot in Season 16.

:Germany: :ra: FAiL.Life

A solid solo player who has made the transition nicely to FFA, Life is one of the more promising new players entering Season 16.  He’s been playing on and off with FML for a while, but has won his first qualifier match to qualify for a season.  While we know he can play most races, we’re hoping he chooses something that isn’t Elf or Undead since we have enough of those...

F3
:USA: :ra: FiRel)rAgOn
:Russia: :ra: Whoguess / GM
:Poland: :orc: Gears-

One of the game’s top players currently, he’s proficient with all races and enjoys playing both random, and picking his race based on other players and the maps.  He’s made several finals, but hasn’t been able to pick up the win during one yet.  He has however, won two FML Ladder Seasons.

:USA: :ra: FireDragon

An oldschool FML player who’s made a reappearance after several years of absence.  Possibly best known for calling players who team pussies, it will be interesting to see how he fares in his first game.  Will he hold fast, and pull out a dominating win while not teaming anyone, or will he debase himself and ask for help in the game?  Only time shall tell.

:Russia: :ra: WhoGuess/GM

A player that’s been playing with FML on and off for a year or two now, he’s had some streaky games.  At times he’s played brilliantly, but at other times he’s fallen into traps that more experienced FFA players wouldn’t.  He’s managed to win his qualifier game though and will be entering his first FML season!

:Poland: :orc: Gears

Another new player to the FML scene, he is the lone pure orc player to qualify this season.  I didn’t watch his game so I really have absolutely no idea about how he plays.  Based off of the fact that he’s Orc though I’ll make a few bold predictions.  He likes bats.  He abuses Hex-Stomp.  He either crits for over 9000, or abuses the power of Dark Ranger, and he’s evil.

F4
:Finland: :ne: j33.

:Finland: :ne: j33.

An often overlooked player, J33 is back for another season of FML.  While he’s not likely to scare anyone with his micro, it’s for just that reasons that he’s able to be successful and qualified again.  A smart player that sits back and lets the game come to him, he’s often underestimated and able to build up a sizeable gold count that allows him to finish off the game strong.

My co-casting partner decided to go ahead and completely screw up our casting this season by actually making the season.  Way to go dick. 

(click to show/hide)

A solid solo player, he’s been fairly successful in his transition to FFA.  A frequent player on the FML bot he was discovered by other FML players playing on the bot and convinced to play the qualifiers.  It only took him one, and here he is.  In addition, the game was on Harvest of Sorrows, a map built exclusively for FML that he had had little to no experience on.  That seems to be a great starting point, and it's likely that he'll only be going up from here!

Where to start, where to start.  Humanstar was a finalist in the Season 15 finals (as well as several other finals), and performed admirably during the entirety of Season 15.  Because of the fact that he made the finals, he auto-qualified for Season 16.  Apparently the wait was a bit too long though because he decided it would be a fun time to go ahead and smurf in one of the qualifier matches.  This was against the rules, but might never have been found out had he not won the qualifier match and then had two accounts in the league. 

Both accounts were removed from the league because of this.  However, Humi was given another chance to qualify in the final round of the qualifiers and was able to pull off a solid win to get himself back into the matches.  We’re glad to have you back Humi, but please don’t pull that shit again!

With all that said, it looks like I’ve managed to blow past my word count yet again.  So, I’ll wrap this up quickly.  For more information on Round 1, and the FFA Masters League in general, go to FFAMasters.net.  In addition, to listen to myself, :USA: :ne: FML|Mage and :USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet] shoutcast some of the games, tune in to the FFAMastersleague Twitch.TV Channel.  Past shoutcasts can be found there as well.

GL&HF!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:19:52 pm by FML|Mage »
Hi

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
Re: 16: We're Legal! (In Most Places)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:42:40 am »
I've also posted this (formatted a bit differently) on several other sites.  If you want to help the community out and promote interest then please post a comment on some or all of the sites.

WCReplays

W3Arena

GosuGamers
Hi

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:06:46 am »
wall of text

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:08:11 am »
I  made sure to put pretty pictures in so you could understand it better.

:ne: :ud: :hu: :ra: :orc:
Hi

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 11:12:26 am »
nice write up mage! except for calling me a dick :(

we will still cast games! just not mine  :icon_cool:

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 11:17:49 am »
wall of text

I like how your comment well represents the write-up about you in this post! lol

GREAT GREAT GREAT news post mage!!!! I thoroughly enjoyed getting paid by my job to read this while I should actually be working. Great job!

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 11:21:11 am »
because no one else except me has half a brain to notice the mysterious 6 line break between no comment and the next player xD

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 01:07:18 pm »
My co-casting partner decided to go ahead and completely screw up our casting this season by actually making the season.  Way to go dick. 
hi :icon_biggrin:
:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

Offline Camp_and_Spank

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Camp_and_Spank
  • Race: Human
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 01:52:58 pm »
well done admins! this will be an awesome-o season!

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 02:00:56 pm »
because no one else except me has half a brain to notice the mysterious 6 line break between no comment and the next player xD

nice one, din't notice

Offline svedirko

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: svedirko
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 03:40:04 am »
is thare any chance of changing bot or smth i have huge ping on az never under 200

Ugri2

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 07:49:12 am »
is thare any chance of changing bot or smth i have huge ping on az never under 200

bot is fixed, you will have around 100ms