May 02, 2024, 12:51:14 am

Author Topic: Playing 3-way games...  (Read 9080 times)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
Re: Playing 3-way games...
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 08:54:22 am »
That's a good point Duck, of course there are many ways to play underdog, and certain players can't really be underdogs no matter what they say/do just because of their history/micro.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 10:40:37 am »
but according to plush's post, you should want to look like the middle man, not the weakest, since the strongest will try to finish you off

Offline plush.

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 11:16:41 pm »
Ideally you would look like the weakest, look weaker than you really are, but also look harder or about equally difficult to take out or cripple than the middle guy. It's also better if you can accomplish this with your play rather than chat because there aren't many ffa players, we've all seen each others' tricks, and it takes the automatic presumption that you're manipulating out of it.

Offline MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK
  • Race: Random
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 06:42:18 am »
my FFA games on ladder are ALWAYS like this:

- for some reason 75% of my games i am surrounded  :icon_mad: so i have to rush one out because i need mines (ladder noobs dont let me expand crossmap anyway...)

so its a fast 3-way with:
- me
- 1 human with 1000 towers, mass tp and tanks but inferior skill
- 1 retard who doesnt realize "he can not beat mass tp so he decide to kill me first", as a result i am suicided and left with 0 gold against a mass tp human who gets the freewin

That's actually the reason why i wanted to play in FML because after those ladder games i always have a feeling like: why did i lose my time on this?