May 01, 2024, 08:19:30 pm

Author Topic: Playing 3-way games...  (Read 9079 times)

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
Re: Playing 3-way games...
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 02:47:34 pm »
DISGUSTING

4 way orc battles are actually a lot of fun  :icon_razz:

No one can claim imbalance and it's just a massive amount of cow battles, one after another. Fights last a super long time due to all the tauren rezzing. It gets pretty insane!
That sounds more boring than the w8man/L77/Rain game where everyone just went gryphons/tanks.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 03:03:37 pm »
DISGUSTING

4 way orc battles are actually a lot of fun  :icon_razz:

No one can claim imbalance and it's just a massive amount of cow battles, one after another. Fights last a super long time due to all the tauren rezzing. It gets pretty insane!

Actually, the DR orc is usually considered imba and teamed (Long battle of all ground => Charm ftw)

And, the horrible part, is that every battle usually last 10min, and when someone finally tps away, they are both still 100/100 cause of the rezing!!!!

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 03:07:02 pm »
u can either try to constantly trying to balance the 3-way, which will end in hero-arena or baserace ( in best case) what can be really funny or forcing a  1vs1 sooner or later while letting u the option to team up when u cannot finish someone, hoping he will understand why u pushed him >>>> do not overreact on provocation, chat/manip, attacks generally.
u usually get the best 3-way when u have equally experienced/skilled player, when the gap is too big for whatever reason it can become dirty.
experience, playing with seasoned ffa-players escpecially, scouting and using ur brain instead of taking too much care about texting ( filtering out the useful infos is the key) helps, too.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 03:11:54 pm »
3-ways with same races are fun.
i actually hate  more facing 2 mass-tower human-hoarders with mass tp/tanks than 2 orcs, since with the orcs u atleast often get ur fights, while with the humans u facing only 3 heroes,tanks or or u have to enter their simcitybases with more towers than rygorych has posts referring to his own games ( really not need to answer in any way to this , just could not resist ^^ ).

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 03:24:33 pm »
An apt comparison, old chap.

Offline w8man

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 03:38:41 pm »
Slythe, wtf you typed??? more boring then my game??? Did you see how gryphs fl blizzard easily kill sparkle on mosoon?! go to ground army is shit! no mobility, no dps, free XP for enemies! only what you need are mortars if other have much tanks, sb if other have something like Panda, other is shit!!! human dont have good casters like orc! FF\polimorf good only in begin cauz of dispel and ofc  its will be dead very fast
p.s. dont understand why you think that my game is boring ofc there are mass camping but if something go attack he lose, cauz of gold lack. may be you like shity games in 30 mins like on DR with star
sorry for my french.dont wanna use translator, but cannot watch how you all guys fuck this!

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 03:42:02 pm »
My game was boring too. It's just that in yours there were 3 players doing nothing but gryphon/tanks for one whole hour. I don't remember a single other unit.

Offline w8man

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 03:45:54 pm »
omg i dont think my game was boring like yours!
in your game 1 player kill yourself other dont have micro other was pushed in first 15 mins...
but i think its not freewin for you

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 04:17:48 pm »
(mobility? tanks are slow as hell!)
your game was "boring" because there was almost no variation (except the end, that was fun!)

Gryph/Tank vs Gryph/Tank vs Gryph/Tank

Now, if you know your vs gryph tanks, your might as well get hawk/motar
Or at least add a couple of hawk to stop the gryph's mobility
Or add a few casters, there is no way they could have dispel slow/poly/innerfire because THEY HAD NO CASTER!

I'm not saying you should go all ground or have 20 food of caster, but having just 1 sorc, would either own them, or force them to get priest + micro the dispel instead of microing the army during battle!

Offline w8man

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 07:10:06 pm »
omg tanks need for protection against gryphs, only gryphs make damage! about motar i have 3 ITS ENOUGH. hawks - lol, if enemy have hawk then it first unit  who will be killed!how you wanna use hawks? army always tp so gryphs dont run as much as need for this . about sorcs and other shit - mk  kill that very easy, 1 sorc as you say, not help much, btw casters need much more micro, so when you use your poli your hero can be killed in a few seconds and enemy tp...

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 07:21:29 pm »
Use only slow! its auto cast, so no micro

And for hawk its not the first one to cast, its the one with most hawk!

Offline plush.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 01:41:47 am »
Basic goal is making a 3-way into a 1v1 against someone weaker than you. If you're strongest, you kill the easiest to kill (which would be an undead). If you're in the middle, you team the strongest until he's out or much weaker than you. If you're the weakest, you play equalizer until you aren't the weakest and then refer to the above. Beyond that it's a mess of skill, balance, perception, and deception that'll only get sorted out with experience.

Now somebody tell me I'm pretty.

Offline hydro

• Shaman
  • Never give me your phone number!
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: UnholydreadlorD
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 03:21:19 am »
plush, you motherfucker, come game with us

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 08:25:10 am »
If you're strongest, you kill the easiest to kill (which would be an undead).

And get 2v1ed. If you're strongest, you need to pretend you're middle, and team up with weakest to kill the real middle.

rsm

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:17 am »
If you're strongest, you kill the easiest to kill (which would be an undead).

And get 2v1ed. If you're strongest, you need to pretend you're middle, and team up with weakest to kill the real middle.

Problem with this is players eventually get used to players doing things like these. The strongest player sometimes need to even act as the weakest, but they need to make plays throughout the game to make it believable. Like a good example, in the last round I purposely let rain kill an entire 100 food army to make him believe he would win vs me if it came down to a 1v1. The human had been tanking his expos all game and I was clearly ahead and all I had to do was hit the human who couldn't physically attack me because he was cross map. I then literally sat at 50 all game with 7 mines? and was able to feign my weakness because I had the fact I tower rush suicided Eshan at the start and then got raped by Rain. Morale of the story, you can't just say you are the weakest or middle player vs strategic players, they will eat you alive. You have to be setting it up all game and make it known to all players so they physically know you are "losing."

On another note, if somebody asks you for your gold, don't divide by 2. Take the duck approach and /10( obviously switch it up now that I posted this...)