May 06, 2024, 01:46:30 pm

Author Topic: Season 16 Qualifiers - Round 2  (Read 8198 times)

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: Season 16 Qualifiers - Round 2
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 06:14:46 pm »
this whole smurfing thing..lmao. humis actions were not only naive there. i only could understand, when he is superstitious about being 3 times in final and losing everytime because of his nickname... would be funny, still.

i cannot remember a game where he was teamed "because of his name", he won so many games and playoffgames, where his name did not play a role at all, period.

then, when he is already qualified for s16 and could easily change his accountname in whatever he wants, unless the admins know it and it probably would been "officially announced", for the next season, so he would not have the bad feeling about his accname...

but no, he luckily gets a spot for the qualifier and plays, because " he is bored" and even wins... what a bad luck, lmao.

and i think no one ever got obviously teamed "because of his name", except yane.

Offline Camp_and_Spank

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Camp_and_Spank
  • Race: Human
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 06:15:02 pm »
wtf?

If he skipped the hustar account, coulden't he then play anonynous?

BS if he coulden't

Offline Camp_and_Spank

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Camp_and_Spank
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 06:16:38 pm »
and i think no one ever got obviously teamed "because of his name", except yane.

then this league is full of noobs! e.g. if 2 guys have equal position in the game and one of them is maga, he should be teamed!

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 07:03:14 pm »

then this league is full of noobs! e.g. if 2 guys have equal position in the game and one of them is maga, he should be teamed!

well if ppl would care as much as other players to win, e.g. maga, yes they should team him right out of the game ( unless he is hiding behind his 3wd.simo aka), simply because of his results during the past seasons, since it would drastically increase their chance of winning. but it does not happen and i think that´s fine, although in the maga-case i am not sure, but generally i would say it´ll be lame.

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 08:48:00 pm »
Maga was teamed out of games from the start.  We called that Season 12 I believe.  He's the reason that we implemented the 11 point rule, and he got 11 points in 4 out of his 6 games I believe.

Still don't see him whining though
Hi

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 10:43:17 pm »

if everything is equal, maga will be teamed
if yane was in a worst position, he was still teamed

Offline Nline

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 08:17:37 am »
this whole smurfing thing..lmao. humis actions were not only naive there. i only could understand, when he is superstitious about being 3 times in final and losing everytime because of his nickname... would be funny, still.

I.ve been 4 times in finals and got rushed like 3 times because I'm ORC, but it's ok because it is just a game!
Ugri is the best judge with real arguements to this situation.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 07:43:25 pm »
Maga was teamed out of games from the start.  We called that Season 12 I believe.  He's the reason that we implemented the 11 point rule, and he got 11 points in 4 out of his 6 games I believe.

Still don't see him whining though

wait, what? i thought the 11pts rule were made for encouraging ppl to play more aggressiveley and being honored with 11 pts, when they ended up 2nd or third, when the other 2 probably were only hoarding until a 3-way or sth like that. so the guy, who carries a game and won´t tower/hoard is to give something like an extrapoint.

I remember maga being a bit unlucky in s12 ( he got attacked heavily early in a round on monsoon and later stepping ram his last army into him, when it was still a 4-way :), still i cannot remember him being teamed out just "because of his name"  - and are u really sure about 4 X 11 pts?

smurfing in fml-league sucks hard, glad u punish it, although i don´t really know what was going through´s humi´s head doing that shit.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 08:53:10 pm »
wait, what? i thought the 11pts rule were made for encouraging ppl to play more aggressiveley and being honored with 11 pts, when they ended up 2nd or third, when the other 2 probably were only hoarding until a 3-way or sth like that. so the guy, who carries a game and won´t tower/hoard is to give something like an extrapoint.

Unsure where Mage is getting his facts from, considering he wasn't an admin at the time. It had nothing to do with Maga. You are correct here Slythe! The rule was added to encourage aggressive play, activity and skill. It was ALSO added as an extra tiebreaker method. Its been very successful so far and It really was a great rule addition. Huge props to Ugrilainen for coming up with it!

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 09:01:32 pm »
Huh, well guess I was just making stuff up then  :icon_biggrin:

However, it was implemented right around the same time that Maga was getting teamed out terribly every game... so I just drew that conclusion and stated it as fact (this is why you should never fact check Mage, do you really want to know when I'm making stuff up and when I'm not ^-^?)
Hi

Ugri2

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 09:49:51 pm »
gj saying we make rule to help players we like :D

yes it was for tiebreakers abd promote aggressive play

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 10:35:51 pm »
QUICK DELETE THIS POST
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:47:33 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 02:32:33 pm »
YES, AND SMURFING RULES NOOBS XD
NO I WAS NEVER TEAMED FOR MY NAME BUT I LIKE IT MORE IF THE ENEMY DONT KNOW YOU -_-

I RESPECT YOUR RULES MORE OR LESS :P

FOR BEING COOL YOU COULD JUST DELETE ONE ACCOUNT AND NOT KICKING BOTH.... BUT YOU PREFER TO PLAY WITHOUT ME THANKS...

MAYBE THE LEAGUE WILL MAKES MUCH MORE FUN WITHOUT SMURFER/FLAMER/NOOBS BUT I DONT THINK SO -_-

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »
FOR BEING COOL YOU COULD JUST DELETE ONE ACCOUNT AND NOT KICKING BOTH.... BUT YOU PREFER TO PLAY WITHOUT ME THANKS...

We did that with "tehlill0r". You didn't learn, so you force us to kick both now. Maybe this time you will understand that we don't want smurfs in the league. One account per-player. If you want to play under an unknown AKA, contact the admin team BEFORE the qualifier with your reasons why and we might be able to accommodate you (unlikely unless you have a DAMN GOOD reason). What you did was unacceptable and wasted the admins and players time.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:22:17 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ATi.Bright
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 04:39:15 pm »
Let's be completely honest, if players were allowed to make a bullshit name to hide who they were I would have won every season of FML.  Obviously the rule is needed.  If you truly felt like your name was holding you back (which it really wasn't) you should have make yourself a new persona and completely change your playstyle for the regular season.  Then players are like oh ok Humi plays this way now then BAM FINALS old humi style.