• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Re: thanks
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 06:41:51 pm »
Really if there were not those kind of messages I would just let it go.

Zb :
While by speech they try to show a kind and supportive face, in fact they did not provide any detail. They do not act like we were having a client to customer relationship, they act like we would have a slave to master one. I get one message per day and the message is meaningless and empty.
They would feel bad about kicking us out so they just are passive and slow up until we leave and they can say "alright this was your decision, we were trying to help". Pretty much.

Moving :
I will have no choice obviously and will try to go somewhere better. Many forum hosting sites claim to be with ddos protection but up to which level? Those attacks are huge and a professional web hosting company asks for 20$+ / month. Even with donations I am not sure how it would cover this + the rest. Standard Ddos protection is 6-7$ / month but is standard enough? Doubt it.

godaddy :
Suck my soul? Why just to know? I am already their client for the domain name so it would be convenient.

money usage :
My paypal account is not working anymore because I cannot pay anybody anymore. I called paypal, they dont know how to unblock so sweet, I cannot really reveive donations atm. I withdrew the money I was donated (do not worry I wont steal that money) and will pay events winners by card. To get a new paypal account which can reveive donations and pay its seems complicated. One more problem. I could use someone else's but would lose indepedancy.

free forum is asking for ddos :
I had a premium account so it was not really free. As for asking for ddos, I never asked for it... Would have been hard to tell when I started that someone would want us down. Qman/w3arena crisis started after.

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 06:57:43 pm »
godaddy :
Suck my soul? Why just to know? I am already their client for the domain name so it would be convenient.

Basically they are overpriced and have slow servers, they try to get you stuck with the way they do things.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fwebdev%2Fcomments%2F1ji1xc%2Fcan_someone_tell_me_what_is_so_bad_with_godaddy%2F&ei=tfJjVJCsHdjpoASlp4GgAQ&usg=AFQjCNGyGH115vWLNvgtUmQbEJ-4sGbMWA&sig2=lG5KQGjlYi7lwAOX5XPtEA&bvm=bv.79400599,d.cGU

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 07:45:58 pm »
I'm sure we could raise enough money to move it to a more secure host if that is the direction ugri decides to take. I haven't previously donated to playffa, but I would definitely donate some of what I can if it helped keep playffa alive and kicking in a more secure and functional way. And I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way. The amount of activity and competition playffa has brought back to wc3 is incredible and is something worth standing behind and supporting in my opinion.

this

Offline ins

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: i-never-smile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 08:38:28 pm »
I'll pitch in $20 next week if donation systems get figured out.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 08:58:03 pm »
At the moment they ignore me so i complain on the main board where they erase all my messages so other clients cannot see what they are doing

i am ought to be banned within the day i assume
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:02:10 pm by Ugrilainen »

Offline Vyvanne

• Global Moderator
  • Shaman
  • Formerly Elsha-of-IEL
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Vyvanne
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 10:32:57 pm »
I'm really sorry that's happening.  I too will be happy to chip in $20. If costs are $20/mo, I'm very much willing to contribute monthly to that. Hell, I can cover that myself for a while np.
All knowledge is worth having.
That which yields, is not always weak.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 10:58:07 pm »
Ok they banned me.

Also it is apparently not possible to retrieve datas from Zb.

Also they have no idea when we could be back online.

Great news!

DV-

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 11:03:52 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 11:39:41 pm »
If you're a paying customer and have not violated their terms of service you could probably threaten to file a lawsuit.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 02:26:24 am »
The one guy dealing with this is connected once a day when I sleep, put 3 words of a message then log off for 24 more hours.

They said I violated their board rule and that I was not a "fighter" but a "pest" and that if I continue I will have more punishment. Hell that I care about their punishments.

Oh also by complaining I am the same type of guy as Qman

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2014, 02:28:16 am »
UGRI
Thank you for message,

I am like you, unpaid volunteer working for a community. Unlike yours, mine is denied its right to exist. And unlike you, I paid for a service.

Rioting on the forum is the only way to attract attention from you and get explanations. So of course I am using that way as the interest of my community is what matters to me, not my reputation here. Look it worked, you are here posting. you would not be otherwise.

Now I was not aware of your structure of command as here again, it was not explained to me. Most of the intel you are giving me are interesting and useful so thanks. Brandon could have explained that to me too, but he did not. His explanations did not go into any details of what our fate was.

So please tell me what server provider answered and what are the delays we can expect before being back online.
Also I am confused on whether or not you can retrieve datas so i can go elsewhere since a Zb member said it was not possible and Stephen is implying the same.

I really have no care about being punished frankly. I do not say that to sound unpleasant. Not only it would not really affect me if I really want to go further but I do not have to be ashamed to do my best to save my community. I am a fighter and will defend them at all cost. I have been dealing with this Kuwait asshole even in my private life as many of my friends and other admins did so I am used to defend the wc3 community against his actions. I have seen friends giving up, others having their events cancelled delayed or postponed, he ddosed my home and friends' home. He is crazy.

I will not be ashamed about it.

Regards,

ZD DUDE BANNING ME
As I indicated before, the questions you are asking, is information I do not have. All you can do is wait for Brandon to get that information and reply when he has it.

Rioting simply got me to reply with basically no new information. It also resulted in the mod approval process that has led to your post being made 4 times in this topic. So there was a cost for doing that, and there will be a greater cost if you do it again. Without having read your PM, I can guess by the title, that a threat will be on the other end. All of that does nothing to move your situation any further, because as explained I and the other staff can not help you. That rests with the management and Brandon in particular.

Understand there is the difference between being a fighter as you put it and being a pest- which is what you are coming off as right now. It would be one thing if myself and the other staff could actually resolve your problem- WE can't. Your situation is out of our hands. But if you continue to misrepresent this service and stir up trouble in the forums, we will deal with it according to our Board Rules. And every time you do something like that, you make this process take longer. I realize it is beyond inconvenient that your board is offline and you do not know when it will be back. But attacking us, is truly no different than what Kuwait has done to you. We've done what we can: We've directed you to the best avenue to resolve this, we've informed the developer. He has replied to you here and is continuing to work on your particular situation. Now unfortunately, all you can do is wait.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:03:31 am by Ugrilainen »

Offline ins

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: i-never-smile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2014, 02:57:08 am »
This is what I would do, after reading that--if it were me:

1. Figure out which host to move to
2. Ask politely to just have your data back so you can close your site
3. Never deal with these jokers again

That's if it were me.  It's not my site.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2014, 03:02:13 am »
I just did that

I am not sure if i was polite enough since being polite for them is being submissive.

But my post will only appear if a mod reviews it before eh lol

Sorry guys, doing what I can to pierce this great wall

Quote from: Zb Dude that banned me
6) As I've mentioned above, the information you seek is what I and other staff members do not have. When Brandon has information for you, he will reply. Just like you are waiting on us, we have to wait on others as well. In this instance, that would be our server provider. As to the second point, if you do wish to leave, Brandon will provide you with that data. But I can not provide you with any timeframe. Additionally, to my knowledge, it would be the first time any data from Zetaboards has been exported into a useable format. For that reason, it may take time to ensure the data is not corrupt upon export. That is the most direct answer I can give you based on what little I know.

Now, on to the less pleasant part of this matter. Myself, Nicolas, and the Support and Community team members are unpaid volunteers. We do what we can to assist you. But as mentioned above, the only one who can help you with this matter is Brandon. If you continue to proceed to make our jobs more difficult by posting outside of this forum regarding this matter, I will have little choice but to restrict your posting abilities. The topics you have made that we've removed are topics that breach our Board Rules and I will enforce those rules if you force me to do so. While I recognize your frustration and I do sympathize, I do not excuse behavior such as you have exhibited this evening. If you wish to make yourself heard, this is the topic to do it in.

edit : i linked this topic to Zb dude that banned me so he sees how much of a pest we are, or I am. He will probably take a look, maybe he will even post.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:19:31 am by Ugrilainen »

Offline KenoStrikesBack

• Grunt
  • If I have wings... Why am I always walking?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 05:42:00 am »
support is all we can give you now ugri.
i dont like the way they are treating you (pest). Of course you cant be calm while being constantly crippled by this hacker bastard.

Our community is too important to us, so if they see this topic here, they will get the idea how much we love our virtual friends and w3 and all that goes with it.

We all wont give up so easily on this one.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2014, 09:49:16 pm »
After 5 days of battle, they reconnected the board without much explanations.

I do not like what happened and I am working on a way to insure that it does not happen again. Or at least try.

The domain now works again, not sure for how long this time

It was a very unpleasant week and I am bitter