May 02, 2024, 10:20:41 am

Author Topic: The Semis are Here!  (Read 2541 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
The Semis are Here!
« on: August 08, 2013, 05:43:16 pm »
:FMLN:

Season 16 Semi Finals: Sunday, August 18th 01:30 EST/07:30 CET

Map: :ES:
Emerald Shores

Well everyone, I know it’s been a while due to vacations but we’re back and ready to pick up where we left off.  For those of you that have forgotten, our semi-finalists are :USA: :ra: Seksi, :Germany: :hu: Lightweight, :Germany: :ud: Wan, and :France: :ud: Ugrilainen.  The season started with around 50 players, and after qualifiers it was narrowed down to 16 players who managed to qualify for this season.  Throughout the season we had some absolutely incredible games, and each of these players had moments of brilliance. 

:USA: :ra: Seksi

Our player with the most points in this semi-final, he finished up with 60 overall and a tie for third.  The tiebreaker landed in favor of :Serbia: :ne: Svedirko so Seksi wound up in the Semi-Final.  Still, he’s had a pretty incredible season so far, and should easily be able to keep his own in this very tough semi-final match.  Look for the two time FML Ladder winner to prove that he belongs in the Finals yet again.

:Germany: :hu: Lightweight

The German Panzer is back!  After taking a few seasons off/being really weird Lightweight has come back in full force.  Picking up a win and two first place scores for 11 points, Lightweight has reminded everyone just why he is such a force to be reckoned with.  Combining a great sense of what FFA truly is with the power of the Human army, he could end up either dominating this game, or being teamed out due to a fear of tanks.

:France: :ud: Ugrilainen

One of our oldest and most experienced players, Ugri managed to get in with an first in score 11 point finish, and a virtually flawless win against :Canada: :hu: Renaud and :Bulgaria: :ud:  Magadansky.  While he says that the map may not favor him against a group of micro heavy players, it could also play into his favor.  He could be easily overlooked, and if so then watch out!  Ugri’s experience will help him create his own luck late game, and he should not be overlooked.

:Germany: :ud: PwNu.Wan

A first time FFA player, Wan took to the gametype like a Persuade to noobieness.  After a bit of a rough start and some hazing from FFA players Wan started to take all advice that was offered and improved as rapidly as any solo player has.  He managed three 10 point games and a very clean win to land himself in the semi-finals during his first season of FML.  No small feat for sure.  I was so struck by this accomplishment that I sat down with Wan for a little while to find out more.  The full article is available on FML, and an excerpt is available below.

Full Interview
FML|Mage: Hey what's up everyone, this is Mage and today I have Wan as my victim.
FML|Mage: Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got into WC3
Wan: Hi guys, my name is Domenic also known as Wan and currently im playing for the team "Pure OwNu" along with EnTe, Longwalk, feRfe and many other good players.

FML|Mage: That's very true.  I remember that you had a bit of a rough introduction into FML.  A player who won't be named raged pretty hard at you and said you were a mindless solo robot.  Despite that though you stuck with it and have dramatically improved.
FML|Mage: Did that incident, and other incidents like it, have any effect on you?  And do you have any words of advise to solo players looking to make the transition?
Wan: The reason why i changed my whole playstyle in FFA is quite simple to explain. I experienced that a lot of People like to whine in FFA when i joined the Scene and sometimes like to "Team" the guy with the bigger name. …

To read the rest, make sure to click on the link above! 

In other news, we are just over two weeks away from our $300 FFA Tournament!  If you haven’t done so already then make sure to sign up now, spots are limited!

Enjoy hearing about FML but don’t know the best way to get updates?  We’ve compiled a list of all our social media to make it all easier for you.  Like us on Facebook, follow us on YouTube, and subscribe on Twitch today! FML Media Hub

Also, don’t forget to place your bets on the game.  With only two games left this season of FML Bets is wrapping up and a winner shall be crowned soon.  Bet here!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:44:11 am by FML|Mage »
Hi

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
Re: The Semis are Here!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 05:45:06 pm »
your metaphors and puns need improvement

Ugri2

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 06:16:19 pm »
need to wait for seksi to confirm though

Ugri2

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:03:41 pm »
I edited the news with the correct date

Offline ashalar

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ashalar
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 10:15:29 pm »
its FML-Emerald shores tho right?

Ugri2

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 10:36:37 pm »
yes

Offline svedirko

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: svedirko
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 09:32:33 am »
you gave me russian flag :(

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 09:45:09 am »
You're both cold and super far away from me and therefor don't matter =D

/end ethnocentrism.

Sorry about that, glanced at it too quickly.  Changed now.
Hi

Offline svedirko

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: svedirko
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 11:54:09 am »
funny fact is that russia is closer to usa than to serbia :D