May 21, 2024, 11:18:19 pm

Author Topic: MICRO - Actions  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: MICRO - Actions
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 09:09:00 pm »

SteppinRazor

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 06:44:07 am »
Not that this is really a micro action at all, but something that I have been trying out as UD that can help (depending on how you control group your units), is putting ur DK in all of you control groups b/c it allows you to heal units much easier.  In small solo size battles I definitely wouldn't do this, but when ur fighting 100v100 food it can be tough to recognize dying units by watching the screen alone so having ur DK in the same group as destroyers for example gives you the ability to heal them faster. 

It can be wierd to use this at first, but I think with some getting used to it is beneficial. 

Just my two cents :D

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 01:59:03 pm »
Not that this is really a micro action at all, but something that I have been trying out as UD that can help (depending on how you control group your units), is putting ur DK in all of you control groups b/c it allows you to heal units much easier.  In small solo size battles I definitely wouldn't do this, but when ur fighting 100v100 food it can be tough to recognize dying units by watching the screen alone so having ur DK in the same group as destroyers for example gives you the ability to heal them faster. 

It can be wierd to use this at first, but I think with some getting used to it is beneficial. 

Just my two cents :D

So then do you never focus fire?  Dk would be running every which way if you did that while focusing I would expect.
:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

SteppinRazor

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 02:14:21 pm »
Its really more of a situational thing i guess.  More than anything, it can be useful in huge air battles (undead mirror garg wars especially) for helping you quickly heal dying units.  Main use is to have him in the same group as ur heavy air for quicker access to using coil on them.  And in 100 fights, DK should usually be moving around/in the back of ur army cus he gets raped by strong melee heroes/units and the dmg he deals with his attack is pretty bad, plus he's everyone's favorite target when fighting an undead :)

EDIT: I never put him in the group I have gargs in since they are super frail and are constantly being needed to move etc, I'm just suggesting putting him in the group with ur heroes and ur heavy air/melee etc

Offline Elessar

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Elessar
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 02:21:18 pm »
some PRO tips from Steppin there everyone  :icon_wink:

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 03:31:32 pm »
I put my Crypt Lord in all control groups because his presence is so empowering that it adds +20 attack power to every unit in its group.

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 03:40:23 pm »
I put my Crypt Lord in all control groups because his presence is so empowering that it adds +20 attack power to every unit in its group.

Oh Vorpex, you're so funny

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 08:06:12 pm »

Oh Vorpex, you're so funny

I know your IP Address and I will exploit it.

Offline Rain

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DkH.Rain
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 04:22:08 am »
I would say that the main reason why "solo pros" tend to do bad in these big 100vs100 fights is because of the army/hero compositions and simply not facing them enough to know how to properly counter them. Also, atleast for me, in ffa im often playing "offrace" so its harder for me to figure out the exact army composition that I would need to have to beat certain stuff.

As for micro, in fights where neither player has pure air, positioning is by far the most important thing (assuming things like hero levels/items/upgrades are somewhat the same). Even in solo games, a 70 supply army with superior position can crush a 90supply army in a matter of seconds.

Offline y.zenchenko

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: y.zenchenko
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 07:32:11 am »
Agreed with Rains' good thoughts.

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 01:35:37 pm »
50 orc army vs 90 elf too ~~

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 01:48:11 pm »
Get used to your control groups and hotkeys in all situations with different unit compositions.  Some groups are simple (chims and heroes in 1, hippos in 2), while other groups are tougher to use when combining tanks, gyros, casters and other units or bats, casters, wyvern and other units. 

Some people use F1, F2, F3 to select heroes, some people use Tab to cycle through them. 

Next, especially in FFA, heroes are by far the most important micro.  You should always be using hero skills first and foremost.  As undead, using coil/nova/frost armor/swarm/sleep should always be first priority.  A lot of times, the player with better hero use will win the battle even in bleak situations.   

As others said, position is so important.  Once you determine if you can win a fight (with an army composition), use hero skills and position your army.  If you do those three things successfully, not much micro is needed to win the battle.

With undead, rarely should you fight straight up.  Use your advantage in movement speed and nuking to constantly nova/swarm and run around.  For example, if you are forced to fight straight up vs elf, most times you will lose vs panda/hippo etc.  But you can nuke and then use gargs to run in and pick off hippos here and there in combo with stone form and sleep etc.  Same concept when fighting tanks... or bats... 

SteppinRazor

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 06:56:11 pm »
So, when is maga gonna see this thread and tell us how its really done?

Ugri2

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 07:20:25 pm »
So, when is maga gonna see this thread and tell us how its really done?

he told me in pm, im paying him so he doesnt reveal what is now our secret!