May 08, 2024, 04:27:50 pm

Author Topic: Fake King's Corner  (Read 3174 times)

Wrecktify

Fake King's Corner
« on: August 14, 2012, 03:29:04 pm »
From the Editor:

Apologies to the three fans of King's Corner which has been on hiatus.  I didnt have time for a W3 recap and W4 was just so bloody awful that I have no motivation whatsoever to recap it. There seems to be a general disconnect between what I find good games (I like my games to actually be good) and the general public (You curds seem to enjoy drek.) so you can feel free to disagree, but the only good game from R4 was my match, the best of the sesason no doubt (Worpex elevated his game from like C-Class to A-class and beat Mog ffs.)  Sadly no replay of that.  Anyway, A real King's Corner will return to recap the Quarters and look ahead to Semis and Finals.  But im bored right now so Ill do a phony Kings Corner!

King's Predictions

With no prediction thread and two crappy games left to pick, this wont be very exciting, but lets give it a whirl anyway. 

PM01

:Serbia: :ne: Beljone
:USA: :ra: SurroundKing
:USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet]
:USA: :ne: Redkeekee

Im going to go ahead and assume RKK will sub for this match, mainly cause I like her and dont want her to be out of the playoffs.  Also because if she wins she can beat duck in the Semifinals, which makes me a happy uncle.  In the event this is how the match shakes out, I think it will come down to what race Beljone gets.  If he gets HU or Orc I think he will win a tough game.  If he gets UD or NE I think Beljone or RKK will take it.  If mog goes solo tinker I think he will take it.  I think I just predicted all four players to win.  Stranger things have happened in FML, right?

Seriously though I'll take Seksi, just cause predicting RKK (who might not even sub) would be cray-cray.  Then again Seksi only shows to half to his games so maybe im cray-cray for picking him.

PM05

:Sweden: :hu: DkH.Starshaped
:Sweden: :hu: Camp_and_Spank
:Belgium: :ud: Mmmmmmmmmk
:Germany: :orc: Fs.Jehu

Assuming everyone shows to this game it should be pretty entertaining.  The best game will probably  if SS and Jehu solo eachother, cause if SS and Jehu solo Camp/MMK it will probably play out pretty stupidly.  Ill assume that SS is going to rush someone, though, and probably end up with 5/5/4 from it and I think he'll roll from there.  Jehu could make some noise if he creeps well and tomes someone as well.   

As for my pick!  Gotta go with SS!  He will avenge his lover Rain, then rush out Slythe in teh semis to complete the DkH vengeance.

Kings Corner Interview Thinggie!

This week we spend some time with that cat like thief, but not THE catlikethief.  No, we sit with :usa: :ne: Redkeekee,  who boasts the most wins (including her 3 in R3) as well as the biggest bosom of any FMLer.  She gives this reporter answers that rival War and Peace, and for that reason alone I feel obligated to post them!

W: Hola!

R: I love cats.

W: Very good, but if its ok with you I'd like to get back on subject.

R: Meow?

W: Uh, right.  Anywho, what has been your favorite part/aspect/experience of playing in FML so far?  What has been your biggest frustration?

R:  Since the beginning of my still short FML career I have grown fond of many aspects of the "league experience," but also grown to abhor a few parts as well.
    FML empowers us to enjoy the incredibly fun format of FFA at a high level with some extraneous rules, but not too many.  FML does to FFA what blizzard never could: ensure the authenticity, competitiveness, and fairness of play.  I have enjoyed many games and learned a whole lot about FFA from my games here, and continue to grow with each game I play.   These are my favorite things about FML.
    The largest frustrations I have faced have mostly to do with human nature.  There are many ways to play a game: much chat, no chat, aggressive low gold or muchos hoarding.  Each player has their own view on what's "lame" and what "deserves the win" based on their own opinion HOWEVER, I find that FML (and FFA in general) leads to very heated and angry players and there is far too much heckling and flaming in the league.  If you don't like someone's play style, criticize it constructively instead of calling people obscene names or exacting personal vendettas via in game (see Majin) or out of game (flaming comments).

W: In terms of playstyle adjustments, what was the biggest you had to make to achieve the success you've had so far?

R: In terms of adjustments the major thing I had to realize was that FFA has many more styles and there are many more legitimate strategies to win than I had originally thought.  As I mentioned before there are many ways to play a game based on chat, aggression/passivity, and economy management.  Maga-style aggression has won him countless games, but Renaud plays weak wonderfully and has had tons of clutch wins from behind.  What I had to learn is what makes a FFA player good is being able to adapt and plan.  My success comes from research.  I watched as many replays of my opponents as I could before my matches to see their tendencies, try to find a pattern.  Most often there is, and planning for them as best you can leads to wins.  I also made it a point to try not to leave any tracks.  I was sure I wasn't the only one that caught on to the idea that research = success so I've done my best to play differently in as many games as possible.  Going fast 80 aggression in one match, hoard 50 in the next, fast 100 in a few others.  Diversity and versatility are key and what I strive for in my play.  An opponent who doesn't know what to expect is as good as blind.

W: Everyone knows that you and persuade have been engaged for months now -- has he promised to use this seasons prize money to buy you the ring you so deserve?

R: My darling and I have been having some issues as of late, sad to say.  I'll release it to the press now that the engagement is off due to "domestic issues."  Apparently he doesn't like it when I steal his pillow while we're asleep and I've been "dropping the ball in bed."  All my hopes for the relationship rest on winning the season because I think if he sees how talented I am as both a woman and warcraft player, he'll take me back and never let go.

Exeunt

Thats all for the abridged edition of King's Corner.  Look for issue III to hit the stands this Sunday (assuming the matches are all played by then.  Also predict the last two matches you lazy bums.  What is FML if not a league founded on people telling other people they suck?

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: Fake King's Corner
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 04:05:21 pm »
Wreck #1

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 04:13:15 pm »
I'm surprised he wrote that little for an "interview".

Knowing RKK he probably wrote 15 paragraphs about his hatred for euro players.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 04:43:38 pm »
Man, good thing I was never picked for these interview, I like to answer in one liners; one word when I can

Offline Camp_and_Spank

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Camp_and_Spank
  • Race: Human
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 04:48:31 pm »
ah this "her" thing explains a lot!

I have to apology to rkk for any bad words, if i knew that you had a pussy I would never critized you for playing as one!

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 04:53:25 pm »
ah this "her" thing explains a lot!

I have to apology to rkk for any bad words, if i knew that you had a pussy I would never critized you for playing as one!

Classy.
:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 04:55:50 pm »
lol

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 04:57:51 pm »
well written and very amusing :)  Gj Wreck

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 05:18:26 pm »
a late and lazy wreck ( who let the others write the long passages ) is still better than one who just rants in obschat 8D.

looking forward to the REAL one, do u feel the pressure?

na, seriously, appreciated stuff.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 05:20:59 pm »
The largest frustrations I have faced have mostly to do with human nature.  There are many ways to play a game: much chat, no chat, aggressive low gold or muchos hoarding.  Each player has their own view on what's "lame" and what "deserves the win" based on their own opinion HOWEVER, I find that FML (and FFA in general) leads to very heated and angry players and there is far too much heckling and flaming in the league.  If you don't like someone's play style, criticize it constructively instead of calling people obscene names or exacting personal vendettas via in game (see Majin) or out of game (flaming comments).

Well said RKK! I couldn't agree more!

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 05:31:58 pm »
at first, i thought wreck simulated the interview with asking questions and giving answers aswell, but more likeley it is real , even in a fake edition.

+ i think starshaped liked it, that i eliminated rain, since  rain + ss =/= rkk/persu ^^

Offline Camp_and_Spank

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Camp_and_Spank
  • Race: Human
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 05:51:39 pm »
Classy.
A true gentlemen always know how to treat a lady

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 06:13:41 pm »
To clarify I did in fact write that.

Lightweight!

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 06:34:01 pm »
R: My darling and I have been having some issues as of late, sad to say.  I'll release it to the press now that the engagement is off due to "domestic issues."  Apparently he doesn't like it when I steal his pillow while we're asleep and I've been "dropping the ball in bed."  All my hopes for the relationship rest on winning the season because I think if he sees how talented I am as both a woman and warcraft player, he'll take me back and never let go.

This is the part where you added the gay touch!  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 08:55:35 pm »

Well said RKK! I couldn't agree more!

Pfff, obviously you 2 have never been up against 3 laming trash player!