May 02, 2024, 08:12:05 pm

Author Topic: EM9 and Majin  (Read 4725 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
EM9 and Majin
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:51:00 am »
 :FMLN:

After extensive review of the EM9 match, the admin team has decided that we will not allow behavior such as this to be present in the FFA Masters League. Blatant disregard for the players and the league during an official match is unacceptable. Majin purposely made a mockery of the league.

For those unfamiliar with the match, here is a summary:

Majin dual crypt ghoul rushes Bright who is cross-map. Bright dies. This move puts Majin in a fantastic position and he builds up a fortress of towers and a 100 food army. HTRT masses archers, kills RKK and moves on to attack Majin. Majin has his 100 food army hiding in the corner of the map. He cries for help from what remains of RKK. Majin lets his base die without ever using his army. RKK Leaves the game and Majin follows.

The FFA Masters league has always been a realm of competition and we have always encouraged playing for the win. Clear disregard for playing in the league is unacceptable. Majin has clearly shown that he does not want to play here and does not care about playing for the win. Thus, he will get his wish and be released from playing in the FFA Masters league. EM9 will be replayed without him and he will no longer be competing in FML.

Next, we will be adding a rule:

Quote from: Rule Book
6.50 Unsportsmanlike Conduct

In order to secure a well regulated and pleasant course of game, it is inevitable that all players act in a sportsmanlike and fair way. This may include, but is not limited to:  Spamming during a game, kicking players from the server or match, not playing for the win or faking an account. Breach of this rule can include penalty points or removal from the league.

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
Re: EM9 and Majin
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 01:02:32 pm »
Oh so playing for the win is mandatory now? Can I retroactively be awarded the win in the last season games of Season 11 in that case?   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ATi.Bright
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 01:27:34 pm »
Oh so playing for the win is mandatory now? Can I retroactively be awarded the win in the last season games of Season 11 in that case?   :icon_mrgreen:

There's a difference between players being in the dark, stupid, or inexperienced.  And players straight up playing to kill 1 single player then afk.

Often times in a 3 way players can be unaware of who the strongest is, and may end up hitting the weakest player.  That's a part of chance a part of random luck that is involved in most FFA's.

What majin did was decide from the start I'm going to kill a player (who just so happened to be me) then afk because nothing else matters to me.  Majin had 30k 1 hero and 100 food army that never did anything once I was dead.  He allowed himself to be killed without trying to defend, and he never even attacked another player once I was dead.  He just sat AFK and waited to die and get his 10 points.

So long as people make attempts to win games, even if they do it by making the WRONG decisions its fine.  But you can't allow a player to spend 10 minutes playing the game to kill a single player then afk for the next 50 because 1st place isn't important to them.

Offline l[V]laJiN

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: llVllaJiN
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 04:22:18 pm »
i played for the win and lost. Lewis is an ez tome and annoying nerd on top of that. Hf with your league worpex. Btw I've gotten 3 closet thank you's from 3 players in this league so far. You are all more than welcome.

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 04:27:05 pm »
i played for the win and lost. Lewis is an ez tome and annoying nerd on top of that. Hf with your league worpex. Btw I've gotten 3 closet thank you's from 3 players in this league so far. You are all more than welcome.

lol, you havn't gotten a single thank you (perhaps for forcing a rule to be added).  You also didn't play for the win at all.  Everyone who obs'd and watched the replay saw you literally have 1 hero, 30k, and 100 food hide and afk while you lost your base.  That is not playing for the win.  Stop trying to make yourself look good.  You made a mockery of the league and yourself.

Offline l[V]laJiN

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 04:32:46 pm »
i wanted rkk and htrt to battle and spend their gold longer. i waited a little too long; but it looks like you whined to the admins, saying I didnt play for the win, and they somehow know my intentions better than myself. you even flammed me after the game, saying you would ban me rofl. I told you again there, that I played for the win.
Since when is bad game tactics grounds for fml removal. And do not delude urself, more than 3 people do not want you here Lewis.

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 04:42:12 pm »
So you were trying to win with a solo hero 30K with no active goldmines and not a single attempt to hit HTRT's army or base?  Stop lying you did not care you even wrote in the game chat multiple times "oh well now I don't know what to do, I didn't plan anything after this" and so you did NOTHING.  You didn't even have a clue what your enemies gold was so why blatantly lie?  LOL

You think you're so smart when really you are an idiot which is the only reason you hate me because I play for the win no matter what the cost, and because I'm openly honest about how you play with your dick and not your brain.  Congrats majin your e-penis is huge but here is the thing.  Noone cares. 

You also seem to think people in the FFA community care about you?  Your deluding yourself the fact noone likes you was involved with why you got banned instead of a warning.  Because everyone understood like you said in chat "i would do it again"  you openly admitted you would do the same thing.

Noone has ever liked you in FFA, during the tjoc tournament we all enjoyed your nerd rages when losing your death star of a base whining about how imbalanced other races were.  During FML ladder back in Season 7-8 everyone hated you for the fact all you cared about was hitting people at random and not giving a shit about winning then.

I was an immature asshole when I was 18 years old and won FML B, and was a hoarding lying bitch when I was highly ranked on the ladder, I understand that.  But the fact that on an emotional and maturity level you havn't evolved at all since 2007-08 speaks volumes on why you don't deserve to be here.  I grew up maybe its time you do too.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 04:43:46 pm »

Offline l[V]laJiN

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 04:52:00 pm »
lewis when i say u whine to much with these off-tangent posts, u just like to nerd-rage more in an even longer post; again no1 reads.

ffa chat is ALL MANIP and are not grounds for assigning motives to any player.

i played for the win, and you lost in 10 mins and convinced worpex with ur whines that i did not play for the win. that is fine with me, because i think this league wants/needs me and would benefit with dropping a scary nerd like lewis.

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 05:03:46 pm »
The replay's up your lies are ended I'll make a compilation of your chat which alone proved your plan the entire time.

(22:01 / All) llVllaJiN: i didnt think this far ahead
- Cause your only plan in the game was to rush me

(28:15 / All) llVllaJiN: how many shades is it ebfore its abd manner
- Clearly taking the game seriously with 20 shades

(29:19 / All) llVllaJiN: dude im here to look pretty
- Your response to RKK dying, which you prove with your lack of doing anything the entire game

(31:17 / All) llVllaJiN: if i should get 2nd hero
-No legitimately good FFA player would play with 1 hero still at 31 minute mark if they were playing serious

(34:05 / All) llVllaJiN: i got 10 points for litterally playing with food in my lap
-You are right your only goal was 10 points

Offline darkermirror

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: darkermirror
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 05:31:19 pm »
i agree with what was said i think by possumo or someone on ffareps

sofar there was no rule against ppl who suicided someone to get 10 points

it was a legitimate and not dumb strat

it is however extremely unsportsmanlike to then not use ur army and make 1 hero in the game which should result in warning

from then on point reduction

however before this, majin or no one knew about this or was as unsportsmanlike for which we are happy that few were

so i think unban and no point deduction and replay game and then change rulebook to include the new rule

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 05:42:09 pm »
If we replayed game majin would do it again.  he stated in chat "I would do it again and again" hes childish and tried to take advantage of the no rule.  Therefore he gets to be the example on why you can't do this.

Lets be honest we all know better wether a rule was in place or not.  Anyone who is in FML should know better so don't bring the bullshit of "there wasn't a specific rule"  we know better we are adults not 12 year olds we can't use that excuse.

If there wasn't a law that you couldn't kill another human being would that be an excuse to be a murderer and pretend like you didn't know better?

Offline darkermirror

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: darkermirror
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 06:19:17 pm »
i argue yes to that lewis lol

but srsly starshaped has done it and admitted and i bet others have done it and just not admitted it

i think rushing is a viable strat just then i'd hope playing for the win would be continued.

imo ban is overreacting.

point deduction for majin this time arguable

however after this we implement the rule, then maybe after doing 1ce 10 point deduction twice league ban or whatever.

however banning

many ppl would rush before the playoffs just to make sure to get 10, just not playing for win after that should reslt in penalties

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 06:28:31 pm »
Valid opinion but I disagree, as did at least 3 of the admins as well as a handful of other players.  I only wish everyone else would post their opinion and rationale on it.  But yes I think having a season where you aren't required to win games to make playoffs is a mistake, because it allows for the option of people to do what he did.

The primary problem with all of this is majin said after the game and even after the ban that "he was playing for the win"  which if you watched the replay was a blatant lie, he tried to defend his rationale for what he did and he never said "I only need 10 points to make playoffs so that's all I played for" honesty always puts you in a better situation when it comes to something controversial.

I've stated multiple times rushing is fine its a completely acceptable ffa strategy, but to literally go AFK for 35 minutes afterwards is a slap in the face to everyone who signs up for FML for a high quality FFA experience.  If we wanted to deal with shit like that we would search ladder.  This is a league its supposed to be high level.  We don't allow private message because of sportsmanship, we don't allow preteam, why the hell would we allow someone to enter a match with the sole goal of killing a player they dislike on a personal level only to do nothing the rest of the game?

For those of you that don't know this isn't majins first fuck you to FML either, he quit in the past and shit on the league and several players back then too.  There comes a point where you get sick of the bullshit and take action. 

If they let him back in he would find another way to do the same thing within the guidelines of "a written rule"  maybe he suicides a guy next week then pretends to play for the win but in reality just throws away his army feeding 1 player to give him a victory then claims after the game "oh my mouse died"

It's about ethics, and maturity nothing more.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 06:31:52 pm by ATiBright »

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 06:50:13 pm »
I don't care that player playing for the 10 point, it's a viable strategy
that's not what majin did
and to be blunt, did you watch the replay?  If you did, then i will take the time to read your post, otherwise, please watch ^_^