May 02, 2024, 01:10:42 pm

Author Topic: Round 1 Prediction Thread  (Read 1282 times)

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Round 1 Prediction Thread
« on: February 05, 2013, 12:58:46 am »
So this is the first thread I've ever created here, but we needed a prediction thread! I filled in the races to the best of my knowledge, so I apologize if some of them are wrong.

M1
 :ra: Dkh.Rain
 :ud: Cechi
 :ra: Lightweight!
 :ne: Seksi

This looks to be a great match, but I predict LW to come out on top. He looks to be in stellar form, and is highly motivated this season. Should be very exciting :)

M2
 :ra: Persuade
 :ud: Brainman
 :orc: Nline
 :ne: Gahh

Persuade seems like the clear favorite, though it did take him 3 tries to qualify for the season...so who really knows. Brainman and Nline could have something to say about it! Honestly, don't know much about Gahh other than he won what was one of the worst ffa games I've ever witnessed (sorry to say...). It was even worse than the past 2 season finals  :icon_rolleyes:

M3
 :ne: Mog[Skynet]
 :ud: Magadansky
 :ud: Audigy
 :ra: Humans7ar

I probably shouldn't predict my own game, but I can't resist. I think this will be a fun game as well as M1, but I see Maga coming out on top (if I don't win of course...). If it comes down to just me and Maga, then you can be sure he will win, since he always wins in battles vs me  :icon_mad:

M4
 :hu: Dkh.Starshaped
 :ra: Slythe
 :ud: PLZLEAVEDUCK
 :ne: J33.

This is my wild prediction of the week. Obviously, duck and ss are clear favorites, but if I had to predict how this match plays out it will go as such: SS tomes Slythe early by rushing him out, then duck and SS solo for 30 min before one of them dies. Meanwhile, J33 has taken 7 expos and hoarded 57k gold. He then proceeds to win.

Ugri2

Re: Round 1 Prediction Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 01:35:53 am »
 M1
 :ra: Cechi
 :ra: Seksi

When I thought of the most exciting game possible, I came up with this one. 2 ZOTAC champions, the 2 pure ffa players who have the best micro of all, the former FML champion, the old rivalry between Seksi and LW...
4 players who will probably all play random and who are definitely looking forward to this challenge.

Quite impossible to predict not knowing races / position. Rain and Cechi might not know the map very well but this is not a hoarding one. Fights for middle mines will be fierce and I'm still thinking who to give my vote to while typing. LW has made huge progress but tended to always fail in key games. Now that he became a ZOTAC successfull player I dont know... maybe he will overcome the pressure?

I'd really like Seksi to play ud and LW orc/hu to see the best of their shape. NE is an awfull race for this map imo. Seksi seems to be a little less active... I'll go with Rain, he is the former Champion after all.

M2

This is the challenger game with one rookie. The rookie Gahh seems to have lucked in this season because of Elessar not having a clue of what was happening in his game. I hope Gahh took some advise on hoarding, army composition and also to get fast economy rolling and 3 fcking heroes.

Persuade is the most active but seriously, always saving guy who cry for help is his big problem. Gahh is not likely to cry, Nline never does and he seems to not like Brainman much. Not having anyone to save might lead him to winning this game.

M3

I could not picture mog winning this game because Im so convinced it isnt a  :ne: map. But he just won one on the ladder so what do I know.
Maga seems in super shape. I dont think he will fight Husmanstar early. Audigy will be over aggressive and probably punished by these 3 hoarders who like to play 3 hours. In the end, Humi comes on top.

M4

If one of you guys could confirm, I dont think I saw these two guys battling in FML ever (Duck and SS). Thats why I wanted to see them in round 1. They are not to be messed with and have a temper, like Mr Slythe who qualified after a one shot chance by subbing Eshan last minute. His game was a little bit of a freewin though so I'm not sure in which shape he is.
I cannot picture J33 to win that because of his race but who knows? He has beaten Cechi round 1.
I was very impressed by SS in round 2 and as Duck will play on a shitty laptop and disk, I go with him.

Gl everyone!

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 06:34:10 am »
M1: looks like the most interesting game to me. much will be depending on what race they will random/pick and how prepared they will be on such a map. i think either seksi or lw will win.

M2: no clue how active brainman is and gahh is for sure the big underdog here. persuade was the most active over the past year, but nline came back strong a couple of months ago and it will be his task to show, that orc is still relevant. depending on brainmans/persuade races and if nline will be in fights early/ can hoard, i´d say a human or nline will win.

M3: looks like a good matchup with maga and humi, who should know each other well and it will be decisive what the spawns will be and if humi will try to damage maga early, before ud-heroes going crazy or if there appears another target as a more valuable tome. I can see, that mog  get into trouble , if he proceeds to use his trademark-combo. tinker can creep the map well, but once he gets pressured early, he will have a hard time. if he can overcome an early attack a little surprise could be possible. audigy looked good in his qualy-game and if he decides to wagonmancer again and can effectiveley expo/creep while teching to it, there is a good chance of a fast 3-way or 1vs1.

M4: season 14, final groupstagegame : sshaped, duck, an elf and me. so this here looks like a immediate revanche-game. also on a rather smaller map, but many more creeps on it and j33 instead of seksi. maybe the others will underestimate him, but i won´t , elf is always dangerous, especially with the pretty effecitve creeping that this race posseses , also on this map. imo it will depend a lot on spawns, who will decide to maybe push/rush early or if it´s going to be a creeping contest in begin.
since every game i had with sshaped ended not too good for either of us, i really hope we can overcome the odds and one of us will be the winner this time.

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 01:03:54 pm »
M1
 :ud: Cechi
 :ne: Seksi

#Rain

M2

#Brainman

M3

I hope they remember not too late what kind of monster maga in 1vs1 is...
thats the only thing i can say about the game....

M4

#PLZLEAVEDUCK