May 06, 2024, 04:02:23 am

Author Topic: FML Season 29 | Round 1  (Read 2082 times)

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
FML Season 29 | Round 1
« on: December 29, 2018, 07:22:38 am »

The matches for round 1 have been drawn and the grid looks promising. We hope to get the scheduling threads up within the next 24 hours.

Please note that we extended season 29 to four rounds instead of three, due to the low number of participants.

Please post your predictions in this thread!

The full scores can be found here

Match 1

:Russia: :ra: Dinamo-
:Germany: :ra: Slythe
:Germany: :hu: GEASS
:Poland: :ne: Gradient

Maps: Market Square, Deadlock LV, Freezing Field

Match 2

:Peru: :hu: zS.SuperCumulo
:USA: :ra: Eshan
:USA: :ra: Donald-Trump
:Germany: :ra: Shave

Maps: Market Square, Sanctuary LV, Anarchy Castle

Match 3

:Sweden: :ra: junkerzam
:Germany: :ne: Trunkz
:Germany: :hu: QQs
:Bulgaria: :orc: Godfather

Maps: Twilight Ruins, Sanctuary LV, Freezing Field

Match 4

:Albania: :orc: ena1337
:USA: :ud: Vyvanne
:Czech: :hu: Lil Tic
:Argentina: :ne: Supremo

Maps: Twilight Ruins, Fountain of Manip, Emerald Shores FML

Match 5

:Russia: :ud: Reinforcement-
:Bulgaria: :ud: jOeybadaSs_
:Russia: :orc: DeniskaEE
:Sweden: :orc: Fetta_ook

Maps: Silverpine Forest, Fountain of Manip, Anarchy Castle

Match 6

:Finland: :ra: aarnikratti
:Russia: :ra: Jaod
:Russia: :ud: qwest
:Russia: :orc: Jiexa

Map: Silverpine Forest, Deadlock LV, Emerald Shores FML

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
Re: FML Season 29 | Round 1
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 03:12:27 pm »
HERE WE GO FML 29

Let me start this off by saying thanks to HT and MMT and Vyv and Worp for running another season and for making it four rounds. Hopefully this “choose your enemies” idea leads to a robust season.

Here are the predictions. As always, the map choice will affect the outcome a lot! So this is more of a player analysis

Match 1

Great to see Dinamo and GEASS back in FML. Dinamo is known for standard elf with fast bear hippo push. GEASS is an absolute powerhouse that can handle 2v1 with ease, especially vs elf. Gradient has gotten so much better, its really fun to watch him play. He is nearly impossible to eliminate on big maps, he often creeps well and rushes 80 food, and he knows how to win late game. He can even manip! His try-hard determination has given him many unexpected wins. Slythe is a crafty wise old FML fox. He tries interesting strategies, and knows how to win. But he can also sometimes let his emotions take over vs certain players and ignore others. Geass is the favorite but Gradient is always a strong bet too.

Maps: Market Square, Deadlock LV, Freezing Field

Match 2

Maps: Market Square, Sanctuary LV, Anarchy Castle

I cant believe that every single FML season i face cumulo and trump. I think there is a statistic that I’ve been in half of Trump’s FML games. And CUmulo and I face each other every single season. Nice to see Shave back in FML, one of the best orcs and wittiest guys in our league. But in games he also enjoys suiciding me in the past...so its going to be one stressful game.

Match 3

Maps: Twilight Ruins, Sanctuary LV, Freezing Field

Cool matchup here. Junker is one of the few players who can win fights vs trunkz, especially if he randoms human or orc. QQs famously won finals vs trunkz, and Godfather is a good player who has very bad manner and always tries to steal a win by hiding gold/units/pretending hes dead. I think they will all team trunks and godfather will win, unless trunks kills him early.

Match 4

Maps: Twilight Ruins, Fountain of Manip, Emerald Shores FML

Ena and Vyvanne are both hotheads, and will probably fight each other, giving lil tic the FW again. Supremo got better but is still lower tier than the rest.

Match 5

Maps: Silverpine Forest, Fountain of Manip, Anarchy Castle

Joey gets buckets. The man wins games, and he’s been playing a lot. IDK who deniskaee is, but i think hes a solid orc. Fetta is a well known orc, and gas some success in the late game. Rein is a great UD, but Joey can beat any if them 1v1, and has great macro. But his biggest skill is manip, which he is a pro at.

Match 6

Map: Silverpine Forest, Deadlock LV, Emerald Shores FML

Two small maps and one big map. The great snake himself, Qwest, will have the most success on deadlock, but he is the favorite in all the maps. His hoarding is unparalleled, and he manips harder than anyone in FML, using straight up lies to trick lesser minds. Aarni could see through this, but does he have the skill to compete? Jiexa is good but can definitely be used as a puppet by qwest,  and jaod is a great fighter who also could be easily charmed by the snake.

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: FML Season 29 | Round 1
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 08:07:09 pm »
Match 1

Anything and any heroes can happen in this one. Let's pray that GEASS won't quit the season after this match

Match 2

RNG Jesus wants to see Eshan versus his archenemies as it seems. This time, garnished with some Shave, who has to prove still that he can win FML matches as a non-sub. I hope for a long tryhard match without suicides. Be the flame gods with us!

Match 3

Trunkz may play like an FML champion, but he schedules like a disoriented old man. Junker, QQs and Godfather all seem to be semi-active these days. Fortunately, tower-camping is a shapeless art, so at least the two latter should be fine.

Match 4

The match will start an hour late as supremo won't believe us that there is no more Miami host bot anymore. I'll leave it up to Cumulo to explain to him that Chicago Blizzard server is the best thing he can get. Further delays might be caused by Ena's notorious and very original troll attempts. Any in-fight pauses will be awared with five penalty points from start. If anything doesn't go as planned, it will probably be up to Lil Tic and Vyvanne to honor good sportsmanship and manners. 

Match 5

This match has a lot of potential if...
1. Joey focusses on microing necrowaggons rather than cringeworthy manip.
2. Cement doesnt get distracted by his male cheerleader Tom at the sideline
3. Fetta used his time to buy a new mouse instead of scheduling meetings with Eshan
4. DeniskaEE knows who he's up against

Match 6

In remembrance of his fellow countryman the White Death, Aarni will try to survive 505 seconds against the Russians. Unfortunately for him, qwest is a submarine commander. He is invulnerable to bullets and will only surface right before the end in the form of 100 pop gargs.