May 09, 2024, 05:50:09 pm

Author Topic: The Official Beer Thread  (Read 4752 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: The Official Beer Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 12:08:32 pm »
Red Stripe!

Alright I like your sophistication Mage and beer tasting does sound like a pretty fun hobby so I'm thinking I'll have to grow into it eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Seriously though I find that I drink Red Stripe most often so I guess it's my favorite beer. I recently had a Modelo Negra which I really liked so I bought a 12-pack of that and I'm not sorry I did. Pacifico and Blue Moon always deliver for me though I wouldn't consider them personal favorites.

It's a fun hobby, it can be hard to get into.  IPA's taste awful for a few months before you begin to appreciate them.  As do a lot of the good porters and stouts.  However once you've acquired the taste you'll never want to go back.  If you've got the money for it I highly recommend doing it.  I'd just throw yourself in and try some basic IPA's.  Don't stop drinking them even if you don't like it, you'll get used to it and begin to taste the different flavors they have soon enough.

Red Stripe isn't bad, my dad is actually a huge fan.  I spent some time in Jamaica and had a ton of it there, so I have a certain fondness for it.

If anyone else has any questions/wants to talk beer feel free to post here.  I'm a bit of a snob, however I think everyone should get into beer and am happy to give recommendations, opinions, or merely be made fun of  :icon_cool:
Hi

Offline normalice

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: normalice
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 11:46:11 am »
I went to a beer tasting party last night. I liked something called "Agave Wheat", brewed by Breckenridge brewery (Colorado).

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 12:19:14 pm »
I went to a beer tasting party last night. I liked something called "Agave Wheat", brewed by Breckenridge brewery (Colorado).

Haven't had it, and not a huge fan of wheat beers in general.  However anything by Breckenridge is amazing.  Their 471 is one of my favorite beers.
Hi