May 16, 2024, 07:45:45 am

Author Topic: Facing my worst enemy - orcs  (Read 5918 times)

Offline Meeds

• FML Bets Season 2 Winner
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
    • GProxy++
  • B.net Account: Meeds.
  • Coins: 20
  • Race: Human
Re: Facing my worst enemy - orcs
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 09:35:30 am »
heh you need a hell of a micro to use that. And orc just can have right click  :icon_razz:

1. "orc just have to right click" - it's not true
2. If a win playing orc is so easy why the hell all of you don't play'em ?

Exactly ! zenchenko has a point here, orc is hard to play against true, but you have to be good at it

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 10:06:27 am »
Incorporate gargs into your army, force the orc to invest in bats, have them be 3/3 and use prot scroll and good timing of stone form. Always use sleep on TC, spam that shit, keep a mana potion on DL and never let him wake up. Stomp = You are dead. Inspect items of all heroes before battle, if TC is low HP/level and has no invul, focus him, he dies fast. Always use shades, kill all wards, an orc who can jump you will almost always win battles. Focus on caster as best you can and use devour often, an orc not buffed will be 50% less effective.

It will still be an uphill battle but these are some good pointers to help you deal with it. I mostly see Maga pulling this off very effectively against me. Also, don't hit n run an orc, you will set yourself up for many lost units thanks to hex and purge orb. If you losing a battle, just TP, do NOT run away.

Now for you UD players I wonder - do you fear DR more or BM?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:08:24 am by DarKNeSSCaLLs »

Offline Searcher_FF

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Searcher_FF
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 10:20:56 am »
BM , this fucking imba

Offline KenoStrikesBack

• Grunt
  • If I have wings... Why am I always walking?
    • View Profile
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 11:51:16 am »
very nice, i got some inspiration to kill orcs tonight!

and to answer u Dark, its BM. orc DR isnt scary at all, u dont make frosts late game coz of her, and u devour the silence easily (sometimes i give the devour order as soon as i engage orc with DR and they do the devouring half a sec after im silenced).

Crazy bm gives me much more trouble.

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 01:25:27 pm »
I say BM or DR can be equally scary depending on the situation.  BM can be crazy on select maps and is certainly better in hero arena and situations with smaller armies/gold counts. 

DR is the superior hero in big battles without a doubt.  Even if you don't make any Wyrms, Charm will instantly give a 10 food swing (on a destroyer) and level 3 Silence has a MEGA radius and duration.  Even as it gets dispelled it can be used in combo with Stomp and Hex for a triple disable combo.  'Silenceahexstomp'  :icon_evil:.  It's almost impossible to defend against this even with devour as Silence is instant and can be used in combination with other moves before devour can effectively counter it.

In any case, your best bet will be to rush the Orc if nearby.  Here is a replay showing  that 80 food rush I detailed in my previous post against one of the strongest Orcs, DarKNeSSCaLLs. 

http://tft.replayers.com/?action=view&id=29862

The map is Ancient Temples, it is a funky map and the first time for both of us playing it.  Still the 80 food micro, macro, army composition and battle strategy can be roughly drawn from this game.

Map download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dml05t3p7l0t4n3/FML-AncientTemples.w3x

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:16:55 pm by Seksi »

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 02:25:52 pm »
To be fair, Darkness is super rusty in that game and you play Undead really well.  It's a lot harder to rush out a good Orc ordinarily. 

That being said, I do agree it's the best strategy.  As a Night Elf player I find going 100 chims before they have the economy to pump bats is my best bet.  If it's a small map you might try necrowagon rush (before switching to a more standard army when the Orc is knocked out) as well, I know that Audigy has had a lot of success with that and it's pretty hard to counter if it doesn't get scouted.

Also DR Orc when played right will be much more difficult imo, though it does also depend on the map.
Hi

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 07:59:32 am »
DR >> BM << silence is just to imba....

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 08:27:21 am »
Oh ya of course in early game rushing out an orc before they are established will just kill them, especially before their heroes are too high and UD is very strong mid-game before an orc upgrades to 3/3 and has a stable economy, I was mostly referring to end-game tactics.

P.S. That map Seski really sucks for orc, such narrow passages, but you played extremely well regardless, I got a good ass beating.

And humstar, this is 100% true vs human, IMO DR dominates that matchup. BM is better vs elf (chim masser). Orc v Orc Mirror is questionable but I lean towards DR unless the enemy BM has insane items and knows how to snipe properly. But vs UD I always get mixed results on that question so I was just curious.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:30:25 am by DarKNeSSCaLLs »

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 08:32:39 am »
Oh ya of course in early game rushing out an orc before they are established will just kill them, especially before their heroes are too high and UD is very strong mid-game before an orc upgrades to 3/3 and has a stable economy, I was mostly referring to end-game tactics.

P.S. That map Seski really sucks for orc, such narrow passages, but you played extremely well regardless, I got a good ass beating.

And humstar, this is 100% true vs human, IMO DR dominates that matchup. BM is better vs elf (chim masser). Orc v Orc Mirror is questionable but I lean towards DR unless the enemy BM has insane items and knows how to snipe properly. But vs UD I always get mixed results on that question so I was just curious.

Nope nope nope, we elves fear DR more.  You should always go DR!  In fact to even it out you probably shouldn't even level it and should just fight us at a massive hero level disadvantage.  It's only fair.
Hi

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 09:17:20 am »
Errr vs ground elf army I agree

But vs air elf army, mass bat the chims + snipe/purge the injured ones with imbalanced BM critting. Elf doesn't rely as much on their hero abilities either compared to other races. Plus a few dryads stop silence easily, or you can outsilence with your own DR, lol.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 10:17:44 am »
As an elf, I don't really care about the DR
I mean sure it's a pain in the ass, but almost never as much as a BM would be

Just need 1 driad with auto cast off (or 2 if he has charms)