May 07, 2024, 03:34:00 am

Author Topic: West Semi Result  (Read 4486 times)

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
West Semi Result
« on: August 19, 2012, 08:12:15 pm »
 :FMLMN:

:Germany: :hu: Humanstar
:Germany: :hu: Lightweight!
:Canada: :ne: Renaud
:Germany: :ne: Slythe

Download

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:47:37 pm by FML|Renaud »

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
Re: West Semi Result
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 05:33:35 am »
not so common game. was good in the begin with everyone breaking 50 quite early.

personally i think i played good with a couple of micro mistakes like 2-3 missed staffs, losing potm lvl4 to acidbomb or losing dh, when i was microing my panda crossmap and just scrolled back in the second my hero got bolted and vs alch and mk i could not get tp off...

with not losing dh/potm i woulda been able to damage lw a lot more early, missed the chance there, although who knows how it woulda have developed, depending on what woulda happened between renaud/humi.

i cannot understand hpw renaud chose to hit lw crossmap over humi next to him, he woulda been able to lvl his heroes much better and having a human next to you as elf is somewhat u don´t like, wondering. Although renaud was doing fine for some time, once the wells are empty and ur healinwards/scrolls are gone, the tank pressure by human next to u is too hard to handle.

i forgot to put some wisps in my mines, afer rebuilding those, if one human woulda push me there, it coulda been very bad for me. luckily i was able to drain those mines and having a realistic shot at the win.

i knew with elf vs 2 humans it would been very tough, needed gold/herolvls/base and well picked fights.

after it seemed, that renaud could not come back in the game and not much woulda happen until he will be out, i helped humi with him ( doing him a favor, which he maybe  will remember) , probably he woulda been able to deal some more dmg to humi, but this would not have changed anything.

then in the 3-way my plan worked quite well to stay more tentative, picking some units/buildings off and stay quite neutral and lowering the basedefenses.
for me it was harder to fight lw´s heroes bcuz sv alchi it´s hard to go chimeras , so it was in my interest to damage him more.

i also tried to avoid getting teamed as long as possible, but woulda prefered some earlier bigger fights, once i am not facing breakers/tanks ( unless i woulda go 100 pure ground, but i had some air already ), where i lose usually more gold than my human opponent.

around the 110 minute mark it was probably the best chance for me to hit either humi with a 100 food army with as many chims as possible ( killing the hippos, everything else, except the mg/dryad ) or finishing lw´s buildings. But since i saw the danger of getting teamed straight, humi having many towers ( i thought he had some more gold, hidden army ) and my potm not being lvl 6 at this point, i maybe hesitated too much and tried to make it a longer, dynamic 3-way with saving lw from humi.

i knew sooner or later it would been inevitable getting teamed, but once again i was not just teamed, but teamed to death with given no chance.

tbh,i somewhat felt robbed and betrayed by these guys, with whom i played so many ffa´s already, with no remaining chance via this blatant, excessiveley executed happy 6 human heroes vs elf.

though i missed to sell items with panda, 1 second i needed, and with me not killing my air early enough to get the potm out in time, i don´t think he would´ve been different for me.

in the end i cannot understand that lw is not using a group for his airship, this way he would have never lost it, and who knows maybe he woulda win then.

pretty hilarious, how humi did not find the last (2) farm(s) or how lw suicided his last copters, instead of scouting.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 05:38:49 am »
oh and commenting on obs-comments is usually not worth it, but louis made some hilarouis wrong or misjudging comments ,e.g. about the player´s decisions ( *north-stereotype *  , etc )

Instead of chatting so much, he should just schedule his semifinal.

Magadansky

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 06:17:51 am »
You had several chances to hit somebody with 100 and finish him. You missed that chance thinking that it has to be balanced until the end which was not wise - elf heroes lose vs human ones. You had to act but you didn't, thats why you lost. Before that, you played good and crawled to the best position to take the game. But waiting in your (huge) base asks for coordinated teaming.

The end situation was so hilarious. Only in FFA! :D

Ugri2

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:59:40 am »
I agree it was smart to finish off renaud. LW was pwning Humi in every fights and humi couldnt really focus on LW being harassed by renaud.

The end you played a little too much rkk like, I'd agree with maga. Your big base wouldnt survive vs 2 hu.

pretty good game anyway

Lightweight!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 10:37:55 am »
This was the craziest ffa i ever played. I could have been dead when renaud hit me with mass air and right after that slythe came to hit me with 80. I never went down to 50, because i wanted to prevent beeing teamed like i did in my last semi-final, but somehow sly and humi teamed me down anyway and i lost my main. Sly did not manage to finish one of us in time by going for chims. I don't know if he didn't go for chippo, because he saw my mass gyros.
I blew all my gyros into humis buildings, because i thought it could be the last, but unlikely humanstar never ran out of wood/gold to buy zeppelins and even use lab scout or to built a new main. If i would have found my zeppelin earlier, i would not have lost my mountainking and then i am 90 % sure that i win the game.

I saved pictures of the situation while watching the replay:
This is what i saw:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2780/wc3fail1.jpg
This is what i should have seen:
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2251/wc3fail2.jpg

The problem was that when i moved the zeppelin to the island humanstar was using blizzard on me and i thought i lost my zep, because i could not see him on the surface. Later humanstar said he didn't kill a zep and i got curious. Then i heard something burning at the island which was the zep. I don't know why blizzard created a 3dimensional map, where you can't see air units that are on high hills/cliffs. It cost me the game here and is hilarious. What was also fun is that humanstar didn't know that you can't see farms on the minimap when they are built next to a neutral buildings  :icon_mrgreen:. I enjoyed this game much and learned my lessons. Next season i will be better, i promise! Really good obs chat by maga, really bad obs chat by Louis (euros are hitting uncoordinated blabla).
This kind of game is only possible when you love ffa and nobody maphacks.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:39:49 am by Lightweight! »

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 11:04:04 am »
the beyond the border *bug* is one of the most common things in existence.

It should have been common knowledge by now in a 12 year old game to use insert or delete to find something you cannot click. 

The fact the shadow was still there made it 10x worse.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 11:24:20 am »
wtf does insert and delete do?

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 11:49:06 am »
insert and delete rotates the map (see lw's printscreen for example)

the reason I attacked LW is because he crept jacked me
the reason I stayed in the game for so long, is because with my hero levels I though I had a chance to come back if I could ever mine a few k.

Also, although it really suck that LW lost because the over the border thing, i'm glad humi won! because it means they should have listened to my manip and saved me! :D

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 12:08:01 pm »
basically lw coulda have a freewin, if he would not have attacked me in the rest of humis base, i was about to kill all of humis buildings, not caring about mine own buildings, just he shoulda went for my buildings aswell.

then with -1 hero ( ?) and low hp/low wells i tp, maybe shoulda run and not try to defend, but screw this . i obviously expected too much from them, being a little fair in the end atleast, just a hunch of honour and not completeley team me to death.

this was the game to suicide someone and humi was the chosen one,  too bad i got pinned in my base.

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 12:10:26 pm »

I really don't understand how people still don't know these small tricks after 12 years.

:(

Offline Camp_and_Spank

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Camp_and_Spank
  • Race: Human
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 01:55:20 pm »
ha this was an amazing game, but since it was late as fuck and i watched it live work was not as amazing today:)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 02:45:34 pm »

I really don't understand how people still don't know these small tricks after 12 years.

ha... actually, now that you told me, I DO remember that trick. I wouldn't ever thought to use it in the game though, i'da done the same thing LW did.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 02:48:29 pm »
i did have some unit stuck there once or twice, never though of doing insert/delete.
I made identical unit, got it near the edge, and double clicked it to select them both :P

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 03:31:15 pm »

ha... actually, now that you told me, I DO remember that trick. I wouldn't ever thought to use it in the game though, i'da done the same thing LW did.

I've also used insert + del to hide an item behind a building so that it doesnt appear in normal view