May 14, 2024, 11:07:59 pm

Author Topic: Post your favorite FFA memories/moments  (Read 8315 times)

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
Post your favorite FFA memories/moments
« on: August 17, 2012, 02:42:23 pm »
FFAreplays most likely is dead and gone for good, to be honest I am surprised it has lasted this long, it's been hacked and threatened to be taken down several times now. It has held together a slowly dwindling FFA community (which already was a very low population to begin with). The website helped to unite the European playerbase with the US playerbase and also helped to establish FML.

With the website potentially gone for good, it seems like perhaps we lost a major component for the FFA spirit. Yes FML will still be here, and yeah if you want to FFA, Northrend is still around and somewhat active (don't bother with Azeroth anymore, sadly), but still, FFA just won't be the same without the massive, beautifully designed website that we all came to know and love. Slack single handedly (whether he knows it or not) held FFA players together through that website for a lot longer than people thought it would stay around.

Let's remember the good times and not so good times of the website, and perhaps of FFA in general.

Here's some of my favorite moments, although mine aren't super old school since I wasn't around that far back:

1. I remember ONCE Fury finally outnumber Lone members in the top 20 Azeroth ladder, promptimg for much (FURY WINS AGAIN!) nonsense...

2. Me raging out on Fly for suiciding me several games and leaving clan Lone to join clan Fury (for a short period of time, only to come back to Lone later). But in actual games, Fly will always the player I feared the most. Doesn't matter how many fights I won against him, he would almost always kick my ass with insane hit n run manuevers on my expansions.

3. FD and I making FFA threads lasted 100+ comments from our games because he was pissed with my excessive teaming.

4. Tchou-Tchou, one of the very few players (besides Lost.Ancient and Fly) who could outmicro and outmanip me almost every single time we played. And he was a random player too! Probably the best player I respect, although I never knew who he truly was or if he was an old school player (does anyone know?)

5. Speaking of Lost.Ancient, definetly the best elf player ever to grace FFA, not surprised he's an SC2 pro now. I finally owned him straight up on Deathrose once cause he chose DH over Warden, and he thoroughly regretting it. I remember him winning many games without making a single chim roost and making it look easy.

6. The nebu hacking rage fit, I'm sure we all remember that. Anyone remember what pushed this ticking time bomb over the edge?

7. Discovering that FML|Jumptoad = Nebu was also some serious LOL (shame on you Worpex!)

8. 4k.Fury, the pro solo player, briefly entering the FFA scene, and turns out to be one of the biggest whiners ever  :icon_lol:

And my favorite:

9. PinballMap losing to a 20% 30 APM FFA Azeroth player named China_King (who literally had a record of 200-1000 or something), and posting the replay instantly afterward in a fit of uncontrollable illogical rage. Thank you PBM, you have given us many laughs for years to come.

Anyways, post your own memories my friends
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:56:20 pm by DarKNeSSCaLLs »

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: Post your favorite FFA memories/moments
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 02:51:57 pm »
Pretty much whenever someone did not agree to him, he would destroy the forum they used

since worpex doesn't sweeten his words, he destroyed the fml website 10 times, and the lone one once, and disband lone once
(i think)

something like him being "preteamed" by northrender and having no remake, not passing the qualifications rounds, stuff like that

Not sure why he destroyed lone though, probably had a bunch of ppl disagree with him about something

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 02:54:47 pm »
Yeah he disbanded Lone once, He somehow managed to get passwords to several Lone shaman accounts.

I also remember him constantly promoting his shitty FFA website, especially when he became Jumptoad  :icon_razz:

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 03:14:39 pm »
Well most ppl use 1 password for everything, and at some point he did make a rpg website
a lot of lone member played it :/

Although when I asked him if that was how he did say he used another way to steal the passwords... but who knows!

(also worp, THIS is why my fml pw now looks like i just shoved my face on the keyboard!)

Lightweight!

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 03:24:16 pm »
All fine, i enjoyed reading it, but this sounds like a "goodbye fml" or something like that. Everything is running fine, no need to become melancholic. Maybe slack is on vacations or something. Fixing ffareplays should be an easy thing.

FML is on solid ground, unlike clan lone was, even if this page would be hacked we will still meet at garena/bnet.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 03:36:55 pm »
7. Discovering that FML|Jumptoad = Nebu was also some serious LOL (shame on you Worpex!)

LOL, I was laughing for literally a month straight. Greatest month of my life. No one was in any danger of being hacked because the FML site was still on my server so it was all good. Surprisingly, "JumpToad" was a fairly decent admin for a few weeks.... and then all hell started to break loose. Best season ever. Anyone remember the obnoxious rules he added into the league? Like the tower limit rule? hahahhaa

Then Nebu destroyed the site and came crying to me to fix it. I refused.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:38:46 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ATi.Bright
  • Race: Random
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 03:44:04 pm »
Wasn't Tchou-Tchou one of Bulps akas?  If so I fully agree, if not well dunno.  But my favorite memories gotta be from when FFA ladder wasn't dead and I was most active patch 1.21 (granted I played b4 that just wasn't nearly as good and got thrown around by f-l-y, Pencil, Alienwareownz, and a handful of others).  My games against Bulp, lost.Ancient, Ebony, Nomde, and Goldon were some of the most entertaining and close games I ever played.  If you matched a game without 1 of the heavy hitters it was usually a walkover but matching any of these guys and you had to work hard for your win.
Also I remember when renaud was bad at ffa oh the good ol days.

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 03:47:02 pm »
Wasn't Tchou-Tchou one of Bulps akas?  If so I fully agree, if not well dunno.  But my favorite memories gotta be from when FFA ladder wasn't dead and I was most active patch 1.21 (granted I played b4 that just wasn't nearly as good and got thrown around by f-l-y, Pencil, Alienwareownz, and a handful of others).  My games against Bulp, lost.Ancient, Ebony, Nomde, and Goldon were some of the most entertaining and close games I ever played.  If you matched a game without 1 of the heavy hitters it was usually a walkover but matching any of these guys and you had to work hard for your win.
Also I remember when renaud was bad at ffa oh the good ol days.

Only one who needs convincing is himself, he still parades around thinking hes underestimated

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 03:49:38 pm »
Touch-Touch is bulp!

Lightweight!

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 03:53:31 pm »
Darkness come back next season!

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ATi.Bright
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 04:22:17 pm »
Touch-Touch is bulp!

Yea that's what I thought and said in my post.  Bulp was the best random player closely followed by AlienwareOwnz, but yea he had everything, good micro, good manip, good strategy, good FFA sense.  Bulp was a total package ffa player he could play the aggressor and tome high levels 1 game and he could play mouse and hoard 60K the next.  It's what made him so damn scary.  Bulp, Lost.Ancient, Plush = Bright's top 3 that no longer play.

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 05:03:04 pm »
I wasn't even playing when my favorite moment occurred, I'm of course talking about the disbanding of Clan Lone.

FURY WINS AGAIN
FURY WINS AGAIN
FURY WINS AGAIN

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 05:09:30 pm »
btw who was tc when that happened?

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »
Pretty sure Fury disbanded before Lone long ago... and I think Hydro was chieftain when Lone disbanded due to inactivity, but I could be wrong.

Also yeah I was thinking of Grandbulp. Like I said, a really great player, excellent micro and awareness, I still feared Fly + Lost.Ancinet a little more, but Grandbulp was a close 3rd. If I went into a 100 food fight against almost anyone, I know I'll win the battle, but when it's vs Lost.Ancient's elf or Bulp's anything (except UD), it was questionable. Actually, a 4th person who might scare me is Maga, his undead micro is just as good as Fly's. I would still usually win the battle due to orc imba, but at a large price (although he's not as aggressive IMO).

Also @ Lightweight, I was in no way saying that FFA/FML/whatever is dead. You guys are alive and kicking. I was just sad due to FFAReplays finally biting the dust after so many years of rejuvinating the FFA community. You have to admit, without that website, things are just a lot more sad  :icon_sad:

Also to whoever else asked, it's doubtful I'll play FML next season, but you never know...

Offline Camp_and_Spank

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Camp_and_Spank
  • Race: Human
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 06:08:57 pm »
I have been spending a ridiculous amount of time watching ffa-reps and with the watchpart there has been many great moments and some toally grazy like watching:
  • holger-danske tower-rushing creeps that guarded no mine ( and often after his single lv palladin were over lv 5), he played 100 eds of games and actually made towers cross the ENTIRE map and then made like a couple of tanks at the time, allthough he played much it was obvious he didn't understand how the game works!
  • When FML-b was around I made a comment(well knewing that the players in FML-B was mostly way better than me) about that they should have a seperate page for FML-B and god help us if anyone actually watched a rep from FML-b, THAT MADE UGRI GO 100% NUTS and started editing my posts and made other admins pissed of, remember laughing my ass of haha
  • Target pwning with mass gyros and MK+PALLA
  • Then personally ending up at top score 2 seasons in a row in my first fml experience
  • Countless nerv-wrecking games with "find the last buildings before he trahes my last"