May 12, 2024, 10:33:10 pm

Author Topic: Garena or B.net  (Read 7281 times)

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
Re: Garena or B.net
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 07:58:31 am »
better to use garena, especially with hack protection, than hostbot, lots of spikes and stuff and not hackfree

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 08:42:23 am »
As I said Eshan, I don't really know if garena has Hack Protection anymore. My guess would be that it's highly unlikely. Our best defense against hacks now is multiple obs in games. :P

Offline l[V]laJiN

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: llVllaJiN
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 09:40:45 am »
make it multiserver hostbots and ill come back, otherwise im done showing up for amateur night with those twat-rot euros crying about a proxy host that is only states away from them and oceans away from me.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 05:33:02 pm »
yeah better listen to majin or he wont come back dun dun dunnnn

rsm

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 07:16:38 pm »
ownubot is all server bot, works on ggc, and saves on drop so that should work for everyone...

ggc never has had hack protection(unless you care about basic public hacks which nobody smart uses) Manubot has sent me 5 diff maphacks that work on ggc (how was i supposed to know d3scene was about mh and not diablo 3) and if you want real hack protection, just simply ban russians from your league.

Magadansky

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 07:22:03 pm »
I dont think anyone in the league hacks. There wasn't any suspicion as well. I hope it continues like this. Also, I prefer playing ggc since bnet is slow with or without bots. 

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 07:48:56 pm »
I personally wouldn't mind either way.  BNet bots seem to have a better host then Garena for me, although I was under the impression it was tough to hack on Garena? while stupidly easy to hack in custom games on BNet.  Even the most common public maphack can be used in custom games on BNet because Blizzard doesn't use Warden on anything but ladder. 

However, having multiple obs in matches would probably shy players away from this, as well as I don't know of any FML players that hack.  (Who do you think hacks, rsm? If so, i'm sure it is some of the non-ffa players that were out early)

I use the ViKi bot (USWest) and GTFO bot (USEast) to host FFAs.  They host cross-realm and also have the auto-save on drop feature (almost certain).  Like I said I do enjoy the improved ping over Garena (for me atleast), as well as the convience that BNet offers.  I believe that it would be easier to expand the league and expose the gametype to more players this way.  As stated by Worpex, Garena is rather confusing for newcomers and may discourage some from joining the community.

Further, I don't have access to the ownu bot, but I'm sure duck does as access to these bots are easy to grant.  If we did go this route however, I think it would be best to create a Clan FML on USEast, and try to get our own bots.  The bots spam whatever messages you want when the game starts and also in the chat pre game.  We could have it briefly advertise the websites, FML, the community in general, etc. 

I'm pretty sure they are rather inexpensive.  If not, ViKi has three bots for use and at least 1 is available almost all of the time.  I'm pretty sure ownu has multiple bots as well.

Regardless if we play on BNet or Garena I agree that we should have a Clan on BNet.  So far, I've recruited a few good players when I run into them (solo and ffa) that play in the games i've been hosting, and told them about the FFA community.  Having a Clan on BNet would definately help and having our own bots even more so. 

Overall, I have a slight preference towards playing on BNet, however Garena would work just fine.  Both have their advantages and disadvantages. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:53:52 pm by Seksi »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 01:59:26 am »
Please stay on topic. If you have issues with other players, please place them in someplace that isn't FML or contact an admin privately. I've deleted the offending posts (and those related to the offending posts).

@RSM: Please contact an admin privately with meaningful proof that you have of any hacking in FML.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:04:23 am by FML|WorpeX »

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 05:04:44 am »

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Walking.TrL
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 04:40:11 pm »
My vote goes for host bot...

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 06:24:43 pm »
Why don't you include that in part of the match scheduling discussion?  People are already allowed to schedule their own matches, so it wouldn't be much harder to add picking where they play to it.  Have a vote on it, and then if it comes down to 2-2 have a standard for which one is used in that instance.
Hi

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 07:04:04 pm »
Well we dont actually have a host bot at the moment, so its still Garena. I haven't really had a lot of time to devote to trying to make the thing work. If someone else has one, that would be helpful.

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 01:44:52 am »
I don't have one currently, but I'll try and figure out how to make one work.  Not the best person for the job probably though ^-^
Hi

Ugrilainen

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 03:17:38 pm »
garena today is horrible!

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile