May 12, 2024, 01:04:29 pm

Poll

Whats next for FML?

Season 11 (Swiss)
Season 11 (Classic)
King of FFA 2
FML Open
Other

Author Topic: Whats next for FML?  (Read 15603 times)

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: Whats next for FML?
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2011, 12:24:32 am »
As a conclusion Seksi, plz from now on read my messages knowing I respect you as a player, I recognize you have a lot of good ideas and I'm glad we get into constructive discussions about them. But give me the right to disagree without especially being "bias"or "defensive"  :icon_neutral:

I'm sorry dude, I guess it seemed, at the time, like you put my ideas down in negative tone after I put a lot of thought and time (color) into them lol.  I'm glad to hear that and I won't say you are biased or defensive anymore.  I feel the same and am glad to have constructive discussions also.  It's easy to misinterpret conversation over text, my fault.

We still disagree in a couple ways (not a bad thing) but in general we are on the same page as you said.  <3
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:33:27 am by Seksi »

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2011, 12:34:37 am »
o wait better fix that for renaud  :icon_mrgreen:

<3 (no homo, but love for the ffa'ers and admins)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:37:28 am by Seksi »

Offline daselend

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DasElend
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2011, 04:51:49 am »
My concern is not solely directed at the resource score. The problem with scoring as a measurement in general is that hero scores are capped, while resource and unit scores are not. That means, for instance a hoarding human with a lot of towers, and that's not something you kill easily, will have enough resources to support a large amount of armies later on.  The latter is beneficial for reaching decent hero levels eventually, the longer a game goes on, the higher everyone's hero levels are on average. That makes it much less useful to fight on early because you mainly gain hero score there.

I never said the player doing that wouldn't fight. Of course he will, eventually, perhaps harass too. And if you know how to hoard/tower, it's not really like you are "chopping wood and getting ravaged" to get first place.

Also, I never said it's just about the resource score either. It's the correlation between resource score and unit score as well as a certain playstyle adapted to that that worries me.

Also, it seems to me that 4 points bonus are quite a lot.

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2011, 10:28:31 am »
voted for King Of FFA 2 :D 

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2011, 10:52:13 am »
But then i would have to give up my crown :(((((

Offline Shen

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2011, 11:06:38 am »
I started playing wc3 and ffa like 2 months ago, and have followed fml ever since. Quite like the current system, and i would really like to participate in next season's fml, maybe we could get even more wc3 players to discover this gametype  :icon_razz:

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2011, 01:11:50 pm »
Great to hear that Shen! I'm definitely hoping more wc3 players discover the gametype as well. :D We play on Garena in the Masters League channel quite often, I would love to see you stop by and play some games with us!

And back on topic; Personally, I sort of want to do a tournament next. I voted for FML Open, but KoFFA 2 would be great as well!

Ugrilainen

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2011, 01:26:25 pm »
yeah yeah but swiss style won!

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2011, 01:33:53 pm »
i think a lot of people voted for swiss because they wanted to talk about what they think would make an even better system (and wanted to show that they preferred swiss to classic). i dont think many ppl would mind taking ~a month off to fit a tourney event between this season and the next.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2011, 01:44:14 pm »
We should make an tournament and use it to help us seed the player for the next season!

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2011, 02:58:01 pm »
You're going to use some random tournament to seed players for next season instead of their performance in the last season?

P.S. This website is really fricken slow sometimes randomly, what's up with that?  :icon_neutral:

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2011, 06:29:04 pm »
I said to "help" us.  Because since we are talking about cutting the number of players to 32, it would give a chance to every unknown player who recently discovered the league to prove themselves!

Ugrilainen

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2011, 01:54:42 pm »
dont see the point, they cant prove themselves in some games we host with these unknown players.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2011, 03:47:07 pm »
I agree with daselend and others about the +4 for top score problem. It encourages a certain style of play, but all styles of play should be equally encouraged. Like CampandSpank style would never get +4 points, even if he won his games. So its like you are saying getting three heroes and being really good at micro deserves points more than just winning the game...

If i chim raze everyones bases i dont get many points, same with tanks, same with manipulating for the win. basically +4 is a micro/battle/score reward...but many times the crazy guy who rapes everyone and gets high heroes doesn't deserve win because he played stupid and aggroed everyone even if he has good micro (solo players). why should he get +4 at end?

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2011, 05:47:03 pm »
I believe this is your honest opinion, since you would have gotten +8 pts that way :D.
So maybe we should lower the number?  Or/And just give it as a reward and not as a penality
IE: Winner gets 25 pts no matter what, loser with top score gets 10+X pts

This way it would pretty much only be useful as a tie breaker, and trying to abuse the system would probably increase your chance of losing

But one of the "good" thing about the +4 pts, is that it might end 3 way hell (ppl being more active to try and get at least the 14 pts, and the idiot player who just sat and won because the 3rd one suicided only manage to get 21pts)

Hrmmm