May 04, 2024, 12:23:28 am

Author Topic: The Semis Are Coming!  (Read 1701 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
The Semis Are Coming!
« on: December 03, 2012, 08:22:07 pm »
:FMLN:

Well, it’s finally here.  The regular season of the FFA Masters League has wound to a close, and we’re left with two matches.  Time does seem to f-l-y by, but the cast involved in the upcoming games will hopefully lead to two epic games.  Without further ado… the semi-final!

The semi-final will consist of:
:USA: :ra: Persuade
:USA: :ra: Seksi
:Canada: :ne: Renaud
:Ukraine: :orc: Nline

We’ll start off our random players.  Both have shown several moments of brilliance over the season, and were extremely close to managing a direct qualification to the finals.  In Persuades case, it was just a lost tie-breaker that came about in the final match.  Persuade has shown dominance for most of the season.  Winning two matches, and getting a 2nd place in his first three games.  All seemed to be set for him to coast into the finals, until he was taken out by :France: :ud: Ugrilainen’s necro-wagon rush.  While he’s handled the matter well, you can be sure that he’ll be looking to make up for it this match.  Seksi on the other hand has been more consistent with his results, but has been unable garner the respect that he feels he deserves.  A self-proclaimed top 5 FFA player, he has certainly put up the results to back that statement this season.  A trip to the finals followed by a championship win would certainly quiet some muttering, and if anyone can pull that off it would certainly be Seksi.

The third competitor, Renaud, is a player who it just seems impossible to get rid of.  Like a bad penny, he’s turned up again.  The Season 12 winner is back to the semi-finals yet again.  The odds on favorite to take the match due to his experience, he may not be able to rely on his normal strategy of being overlooked.  Fortunately for Renaud, he’s been gaining experience playing as the powerhouse player in the game, and has taken it all in stride.  While he’s by no means a sure thing to win, expect a strong showing from Renaud regardless of the outcome.  The last player, Nline, may seem relatively unknown to a lot of the newer blood in FFA.  That would be because it’s been a while since we’ve seen him before this season.  He’s quickly managed to remind everyone though why he’s one of the most feared Orcs in FFA.  Despite some significant rust he’s managed to pull off very respectable games so far.  While he would probably be considered the underdog in the match, that speaks more to the level of competition than his skill level.

The match, and the trip to the finals, is up for grabs.  Any one of these players has a great shot at making the finals, and it should certainly be a game for the ages.  We wish all the players well, and GL:HF!
Hi

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
Re: The Semis Are Coming!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:17:59 pm »
and the map is an evil map!
DeathRose doesn't allow me to get my usual 40k, and it gives orcs a bunch of imba items!!!!
:DeathRose2:

T_T

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:28:24 pm »
and the map is an evil map!
DeathRose doesn't allow me to get my usual 40k, and it gives orcs a bunch of imba items!!!!
:DeathRose2:

T_T

Manipping already?

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:35:21 pm »
Counter manipping already?
TEAM PERSUADE HE HAS MORE POINTS!!

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:36:15 pm »
Also, since it's a semi final, I was wondering if I should play hu instead!

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 10:39:44 pm »
Also, since it's a semi final, I was wondering if I should play hu instead!

That is entirely up to you.

Are you confident in your Hu vs us?

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 10:58:05 pm »
Well it depends what race you guys get! (stupid random players)

Well I'm not confident in my elf vs orcs, especially on an orc map! (nline + .25 persuade + .25 seksi = 1.5/3 orcs!)

It's just those damn bats in the hands of good users!

Mb if I learn to use dots to cyclone those evils heroes, buy the devo and mass scroll I would be fine :S

Ugri2

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 11:47:28 pm »
I_LOVE_MAGE

Lightweight!

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 04:50:10 am »
My prediction:

:orc: Nline:
Although the Ukraine warrior got better from game to game since his comeback he will not be able to keep up with the other 3 player, because they are in a better shape. Moreover Nline's wife will step in to interrupt and tell him to take the garbadge out which will be gg for him. 

:ra: Persuade:
What can you say about him? He is here and there, likes the chatbox and although his presence is high he is still a mistery to me. I think he is going to play orc instead of random, because orc is his 2nd best race and the map favours it. After being defeated in the last season's semi-finals by tripple teaming for not much reason (all expos were equally shared) he is burning to make his first final appearance.
If things go his way he is able to finish a game when necessary. Dangerous guy.

:ra: Seksi:
I think he is going to play undead or orc. Both times a dark ranger is going to join his squad. Seksi is known for expanding early and being powerful all game long. If he gets too much gold mined, he is pretty unstopable. He likes to run around with 80 supply and catch armies/harras expands. Moreover he is difficult to play. You guys should fight him at 100 supply, never on 80 or less. In my eyes the most dangerous guy, because he wants to win badly and will try to manip things to turn out in his favour. If you let him get strong or hoard too much, he will be superior in late game. He definetly wants to make the finals to avoid duck's ridicule.

:ne: Renaud:
Renaud could be the surprising factor in this game. I think he should play nightelf, because even if he should be up against 3 orcs, he can focus on having anti-orc armies and moreover he has no alternative race which he can play as well as the others. Dark ranger vs 3 orcs is indispensable in his team. Since he will be against totally overpowered blademasters he should try to have the best macro. It won't be easy to hoard, because on 50 supply orc heros will crush him. Potm for scout is as important as his lovely panda. Against a huge orc army with caster the Panda becomes a bit useless. If i was you Renaud, i would take the pitlord into my team when there is more than 1 blademaster and they don't play dark rangers. He will reduce the blademaster damage which may give you exactly the advantage you need. dr,potm,pl with chippo could be great for you. Early chims or hoard will be his strategy. One more advice from me is that you shouldn't allow orcs to get the fountain if they should hit you so built something around that. You can move your main later on closer to the fountain. Don't built anything around your main tree at start.

With that being said gl to everybody. The players in the final will be even more scary than this so be prepared.