May 03, 2024, 05:35:29 pm

Author Topic: This Week in FML: 8/9  (Read 1617 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
This Week in FML: 8/9
« on: August 09, 2013, 12:09:10 pm »
:FMLN:

The premise of this piece it that it will come out every Friday.  It will cover upcoming FML events, any FML events from the past week, and a quick look at the most popular topics in the forum from the past week.  There will also be a replay of the week section.  Without further ado;

Upcoming Events

August 10th, 12:00EST/18:00CET: Ragnarok Test!.
More Information

August 11th, 14:00EST/20:00CET: King of FFA II Finals.  More Information

August 18th, 01:30EST/07:30CET: FML Season 16 Semi Finals! More Information

August 25th, 10:00EST/16:00CET: In Search for Freedom FML Cup.  With 2 weeks left, we already have over 75 registrations including some impressive solo players like Ente, DkH.Rain, MXM.Foggy, Evo.Havoline, and many more!  Full Information

Last Week’s Recap

Sunday, August 4th: The Ugri Friendly Tournament was played.  Results and information can be found: here

What’s New in the Forum?

There have been a lot of great topics over the past week, while it would be great to highlight them all, I’m just going to list a few.

FML Media By FML|Mage.  A link to the current FML Social Media sites and a place for comments and feedback.  As a bonus it includes the code to add icons to your signature.

Get to Know the Community IV by FML|Persuade.  Everyones favorite pointless community event is back!  Check it out for a riveting discussion about sexy dryads and awesome bugs.

[Interview]WANted: Solo Converts by FML|Mage.  An interview with one of FFA’s up and coming players, PwNu.Wan.

FFA GUIDE! by Seksi.  It’s been a while since we’ve had any guides and this week we were lucky enough to be graced by three!  The most general overall FFA guide of the three is Seksi’s.

DR/General Orc Guide by DarknessCalls.  Out of nowhere it appears that an Orc legend is back from the grave.  Giving some great advice on to how to turn that Orc army completely imbalanced, Darkness plans to show it at the upcoming In Search for Freedom FML Cup.

Beast Master FFA Guide as Elf
by Dovekie.  A new FFA player, Dovekie has been hard at work on the bot and is trying out some new stuff.  While BeastMaster will probably never be considered the most popular FFA hero, it’s great to see new players and new perspectives!

Replay of the Week

This is the toughest portion of This Week in FML.  I’m going to admit that I don’t really have enough time to watch all the replays.  Or... any.  So, ordinarily I will put up 5 choices and after 48 hours of voting I’ll do an audio commentary (hopefully with a guest) on the most voted for replay.  That audio commentary will then be available for the following week and we’ll repeat the process etc.  For this week though I’ll just let people recommend replays they’ve really liked.  They should be close replays at a fairly high skill level, and most importantly enjoyable and action packed.  I’ll either pick a replay or go with one that is overwhelmingly recommended. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:27:35 pm by FML|Ugrilainen »
Hi

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: This Week in FML: 8/9
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 12:12:42 pm »
Ugri has recommended this: http://www.ffareplays.com/dl.php?file=Maga_Kodos_Gicen.w3g replay.  Unless anything else spectacular comes up it will be the rotw. 
Hi

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 01:24:40 pm »
I'll try and finish my guide someday... perhaps this weekend
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:27:16 pm by DarKNeSSCaLLs »

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 05:24:27 pm »
The guide isn't released yet that was just a news piece saying it will be released sometime in the near future.  When it is, the goal is to cover everything generally and specifically, all 4 races, items, maps, army make ups, tips, base building, hero combos, hero rankings, you name it! It will be the ultimate guide to FFA - fully comprehensive! 

:ra: :orc: :ne: :hu: :ud: :hu: :orc: :ne: :ra: :ud: :ra: :orc: :ud: :ne: