May 16, 2024, 07:25:54 am

Author Topic: Hero Combos and Why  (Read 4572 times)

Offline NoMercy2

• Global Moderator
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: D2sTRUCT8
  • Race: Undead
Re: Hero Combos and Why
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 09:00:45 pm »
Tinker panda potm. Clearly best elf hero combo. Stylistically speaking

best hero combo when you want to disc

Haha

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 09:31:10 pm »
The game I disconnected I used DR/Panda/Potm

sup

Offline Lok

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 01:47:26 pm »
Gotta say if you can micro it -- I for one cannot even come close, but Lost's hero combo was just brutal.

DR/Warden/Panda

think it was that order or DR last I forget.  The Aoe, and late game hero power makes it pretty great killing armies by itself.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 01:54:30 pm »
it was warden dr panda

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 02:02:37 pm »
Gotta say if you can micro it -- I for one cannot even come close, but Lost's hero combo was just brutal.

DR/Warden/Panda

think it was that order or DR last I forget.  The Aoe, and late game hero power makes it pretty great killing armies by itself.

only problem is it's bad vs human

no entangle means you cant kill a hero, warden useless vs tank/breaker, and lack of scouting means easy to abuse.

It's great hero arena sure, but I'd still rather take the other combos

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 02:18:13 pm »
My micro is currently bellow the league average, and it was even worst "back in the days" that being said:

Having fought against it while I was human, I must disagree!  A silenced paladin dies quickly, unless he is staffed, but at that point your other two hero become very vulnerable.  Lost was not the kind of player who would wait in his main until mines were drained, he would go out and have hero wars at 50 with whoever was closet to him.  (Getting the player to come out by killing expos, with his micro, staffing and blinking away was never a problem.  Chasing down heroes without entangle was also no problem, between haze and SS, his heroes had the speed advantage, and most battle ended up with the other player TPing

And as the fight went on, the DR eventually reached lvl 6 (remember, DR is before the panda!)  At that point he could usually charm whatever he wanted to have an invis detection (a doc, a shade, a peon to build towers), and he built his main properly so it was hard to simply steamroll him... especially with the warden and the moonwells

Now, having panda as the last hero has a HUGE demerit.  it means you will lose vs tanks, and you will lose Air battles... that's why Lost was one of the few ground elf in FFA.  Even though his army had terrible mobility, the hero more than made up for it.

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 02:45:44 pm »
My micro is currently bellow the league average, and it was even worst "back in the days" that being said:

Having fought against it while I was human, I must disagree!  A silenced paladin dies quickly, unless he is staffed, but at that point your other two hero become very vulnerable.  Lost was not the kind of player who would wait in his main until mines were drained, he would go out and have hero wars at 50 with whoever was closet to him.  (Getting the player to come out by killing expos, with his micro, staffing and blinking away was never a problem.  Chasing down heroes without entangle was also no problem, between haze and SS, his heroes had the speed advantage, and most battle ended up with the other player TPing

And as the fight went on, the DR eventually reached lvl 6 (remember, DR is before the panda!)  At that point he could usually charm whatever he wanted to have an invis detection (a doc, a shade, a peon to build towers), and he built his main properly so it was hard to simply steamroll him... especially with the warden and the moonwells

Now, having panda as the last hero has a HUGE demerit.  it means you will lose vs tanks, and you will lose Air battles... that's why Lost was one of the few ground elf in FFA.  Even though his army had terrible mobility, the hero more than made up for it.

A good hu (lw/humie) usually engage with pally invis or already divine shield'd, and the fights are quick enough usually to last during the whole spell

Edit- not to take anything away from lost, as I never played him, but Ive seen some replays and I don't think he would do well in today's games where "the league average" has improved tremendously, with that hero combo.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 02:48:19 pm by FML|Persuade »