May 06, 2024, 02:38:26 pm

Author Topic: Return of the King!  (Read 3725 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Return of the King!
« on: April 03, 2015, 04:34:41 pm »
:FMLN:

After a well received April Fools prank, we've come to learn that you all are really, really desperate for any information that we might provide.  So, it is with great pride that the FFA Masters League presents:

King of FFA: III

:Canada: FML|Renaud will be forced to try and defend his crown as the field tries to take him down.  Will our two time king be able to hold off the uprising, or will the blood bath lead to a new king?  That is something that we'll just have to wait and see.  What I can tell you though, is some information about how this works.

I realize that there are probably a good number of players now who weren't around for KoFFA II, let alone KoFFA I.  The idea is much more laid back than the FFA Masters seasons are, but no less challenging.  In fact, I suspect that a lot of people will find it even more difficult to take home a crown as opposed to a title.  Regardless, both distinctions are impressive feats, and anyone that wants to have a shot at this crown had better be in top shape.

Now, we listened to your feedback about what you wanted from FML Season 21, and while we aren't starting that up yet, we have incorporated quite a bit of your advice and we'll be testing certain things out.  The format for King of FFA: III can be found below, and it should adequately explain how this will work.  As always though, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask them in the comments!

Format

KoFFA III will have 6 rounds to it. 

Round 1 - 12 Player
Round 2 - 4 Players with a timer added in.
Round 3 - 6 Players
Round 4 - 8 Players
Round 5 - 6 Players
Round 6 - 4 Players with a timer added in.

Finals - 6 Players.

Players are allowed to just show up for the games, however we encourage them to sign up beforehand.  This will guarantee you a spot in the game should we have a ton of people, and will also allow us an opportunity to prepare beforehand for the matches.  Signups will be posted a few days before the weekend.

Each round will consist of games being held at a set time on each day of the weekend.  For example, on Friday the games may start at 20 CET, on Saturday 22 CET and on Sunday 18 CET.  These are just arbitrary times I made up for the sake of example.  What will happen once the time rolls around is that we'll host the games, and those that signed up will get the first shot at them.  Once everyone that signed up and showed up is in the game, those that just showed up will fill the games.  We'll start as many games as we have people for.  So if 16 people show up for Round 1 that means we'd only be able to start one 12 player game.  However if 16 people show up for round 2, we'll start 4 4 player games. 

Scoring

The exact scoring for each round will not be released yet as we are fine tuning it, however there will be more points awarded for the games with more people in them.  Players are allowed to play in multiple games over the weekend, and their highest score will be counted for them.  However, one and only one score will be counted per round, not a sum of the scores.  Should a player win in their first match they will not be allowed to play later on in that round unless desperately needed so that we can prevent drama about players suiciding those that it would be beneficial to do so for.  Also, players who have not yet played will always take priority over someone who has.  We want to encourage as many players as possible to play!

Timing

The start for KoFFA III will be imminent.  At the moment we are just doing some last minute testing on maps to ensure that we'll be able to implement some new features that we want to!  We expect these to provide an enhanced viewing experience for our observers, but we want to be 100% sure that the maps are fully functional before we start.  That being said we're confident they're in good shape now, and it's just a matter of finalizing it. 

More details will be announced shortly, but we wanted to get people excited for our next event!  Let us know what you think in the comments, feedback is always welcome.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:37:31 pm by FML|red7z7 »
Hi

Offline NoMercy2

• Global Moderator
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: D2sTRUCT8
  • Race: Undead
Re: Return of the King!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 06:03:38 pm »
Awesome!!!
Steppin lets rocks this easy tourney

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 03:49:14 am »
I could never compete in these, but I can play Sundays now.  Hopefully there will be more games on Sunday compared to the Fri/Sat.

Sounds exciting, nice format.

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 05:06:50 pm »
I could never compete in these, but I can play Sundays now.  Hopefully there will be more games on Sunday compared to the Fri/Sat.

Sounds exciting, nice format.

Games will continue to be hosted until we don't have players to fill them, so make sure you bug people into showing up on Sundays!
Hi

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 06:28:00 pm »
I have the opposite problem as seksi. Almost every single FML event that I have ever participated in has been on Sunday when I usually always ask if we could do it on another day (cmon guys, Sunday is family day)

Magadansky

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 06:49:58 pm »
There will be games on Friday and Saturday too. :)

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 07:10:37 pm »
I have the opposite problem as seksi. Almost every single FML event that I have ever participated in has been on Sunday when I usually always ask if we could do it on another day (cmon guys, Sunday is family day)

Quote from: Original Post
Each round will consist of games being held at a set time on each day of the weekend.  For example, on Friday the games may start at 20 CET, on Saturday 22 CET and on Sunday 18 CET.

If you mean hosting these events on the weekdays as opposed to weekends, that's tough to do since we have so many different time zones and most people work =/
Hi