May 06, 2024, 07:49:40 am

Author Topic: April Fools!  (Read 4551 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
April Fools!
« on: April 01, 2015, 11:47:03 am »
:FMLN:

APRIL FOOLS!!!

Well, we've been teasing Season 21 for long enough, and we're happy to announce the format today!  Dates are TBD, however this weekend should provide an update on that.  So, without further ado:

Season 21 Format

Rounds - Season 21 will feature 6 different rounds.  This is to extend the amount of games that matter for every player, as we feel that in some past seasons round 4 comes about and a lot of players have nothing to play for.

Players - Season 21 will feature 16 of the best players in FFA.  This season all but 4 of the players will be hand selected by the admin team.  The remaining 4 player slots will be determined by a large FFA tournament.  The 4 players who make the finals make the season!  The winner of that FFA tournament will also get a special advantage going into Season 21!

Maps - Season 21 we've decided to go back to preset maps, however this season we'll announce them at the start of the season.  We have carefully balanced the maps to include 2 small maps, 2 medium maps, and 2 large maps.  The breakdown of what rounds they'll be used in is below.

Small Maps
FML Emerald - This map will be used in Round 2
FML Twisted Meadows - Round 5

Medium Maps
Deadlock - Round 3
Twilight Ruins - Round 6

Large Maps
Gold Rush - Round 1
Hurricane Isles - Round 4

Timers - We've seen quite a few good arguments both in favor and against adding in timers to FML.  As some of you probably noticed with the updated map that Worpex created this weekend, there is in fact a timer on it!  While we greatly appreciate all of your feedback, it has always been our prerogative at FML to push the envelope and try new things.  It's for that reason that we can safely announce Season 21 will be the season of timers.  They'll work as follows.

Small Maps - 65 minute timer
Medium Maps - 75 minute timer
Large Maps - 90 Minute timer

We feel that these are reasonable amounts of time, and it will help to increase the diversity of our games.  We'd love to hear your feedback though, so much sure to let us know!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 08:33:02 am by FML|WorpeX »
Hi

Ponty

Re: FML Season 21
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 01:56:02 pm »
I feel this season will be very entertaining to follow, although the maps are globally a bit too conventional in my opinion (except for Hurricane)

Nice work FML admins!

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 02:01:51 pm »
I think the season will be great and am in support of almost everything EXCEPT the timer length. After reading most of the other thread I agree with the usage of timers, but think they need to be a bit longer. 75min for twilight and deadlock?! Those maps provide good 90min to 120min games.... And 90 min for hurricane isles? That's a joke right? Would love to hear admin reasoning behind timer length, because I foresee a lot of controversy in the future when some (or most?) Of these matches end with no clear winner when the timer ends.

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 02:30:50 pm »
Sounds good, and you know I am for timers, but I'm with Mog in that they could be increased.  Specifically Deadlock and Twilight to 90 minutes.  Gold Rush and Hurricane to 105 minutes maybe?

The idea of timers is to promote action and decisive moves, but if the timer is too short it might prevent a complete FFA game.

With that being said I'm excited either way - even with the current timers set - to try them out.

Offline AlienWareOwnZ

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: AlienWareOwnZ
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 03:56:36 pm »
Ive won a couple fml games with the 3rd best score, I guess those days are over :(

Now Ill just win with best score :P

Ponty

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 05:13:26 pm »
After hosting few inhouses today, I think you should add about ~15 min to each timer.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:02:11 pm by Ponty »

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 09:47:39 pm »
^ I'll believe it when I see it

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
Re: April Fools!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 08:34:00 am »
A few of you guys got it, but this was an April Fools post! Real. Announcement will be up today or tomorrow ;)

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 12:30:22 pm »
Lol nice 1

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 01:40:12 pm »
I'm surprised that there weren't more complaints about the qualifying format.  Frankly since it was for April Fools I thought up incredibly dumb, but the feedback from it wasn't bad at all. 
Hi

zTsoso

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 02:04:52 pm »
no space for noobs in "FFA MICRO MONSTERS" - league ;)

I liked the format. Sorry that it was just an 1st aprils fools... Can't get better than that. Hurricane Isle #1
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:10:07 pm by zTsoso »

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 02:25:01 pm »
"Season 21 will feature 16 of the best players in FFA.  This season all but 4 of the players will be hand selected by the admin team."

I'd be embarrassed if I were one of those who thought "Great Idea". Get off your high horse.

Offline Tleilaxu

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 04:29:12 pm »
"Season 21 will feature 16 of the best players in FFA.  This season all but 4 of the players will be hand selected by the admin team."

I'd be embarrassed if I were one of those who thought "Great Idea". Get off your high horse.
AYE

Offline Valefort

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 04:31:49 am »
I certainly partly fell for it ! Nice one.

DV-

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 06:12:28 am »
Same