May 06, 2024, 08:42:53 am

Author Topic: A History of E-Sports  (Read 1062 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
A History of E-Sports
« on: February 09, 2015, 12:40:19 pm »
Fantastic article/writeup from chobopeon on Team Liquid's forums.  Source

His introduction can be found below, highly recommend everyone give it a look.  It's not completed yet, but we're getting close to the WC3 era!
Last month, I was peeing in the urinal next to Artosis when we locked eyes and began to speak to one another. All good stories begin like that. Dan acknowledged me by way of saying “Chobopeon! This guy is like the third or forth best journalist in esports!”

Ouch. I used to be cool, right? People used to retweet me, no big deal.

However, after leaving MLG, I fell off the face of the earth. Well, in recent weeks I’ve found my way back to the pale blue dot and back to esports. I’ve been working on The Executives with Jason Lake from Complexity and Odee from Dignitas. Now, I’m getting ready to put out my own content.

“The Chobopeon Show” will premiere this Monday at 7pm Eastern (Midnight CET) with “A History of Esports Part 1”. The episode is an hour long. I’ll release the entire text of the show with the new episode.

For those of you who know radio shows like This American Life and Radiolab, you’ll recognize the big influence those shows are on this new project. For those of you used to Live of 3 and State of the Game, this will be something new for esports. I think you’ll like it.

So, new show on Twitch this Monday. If you can’t make it live, it’s the kind of show you can watch any time. However, if we have enough live viewers, we may take Skype calls and tweets (@chobopeon, duh) for those of you who like talking about esports history.

All in all, this is over 60,000 words dedicated to esports. If you see a mistake or anything you'd like changed, please let me know. I'd love for more relevant images and videos to be added.

If you'd like to translate or repost the thing, please ask first. The text may not fully match the spoken portion because the text is being continuously updated.

All feedback is welcome. Thanks for checking it out.
Hi