May 02, 2024, 08:18:16 pm

Author Topic: And The Winner Is...  (Read 1185 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
And The Winner Is...
« on: December 03, 2012, 02:13:56 pm »
 :FMLN:

Well, you’ll have to excuse my poor grammar.  It turns out, the FML Ladder Season 1 actually has co-winners!  The honors belong to :USA: :ra: :Seksi and :Sweden: :ra: Brain.Man.  After 4 weeks of Seksi’s domination, and then 4 weeks of continued back and forth battles between them, they decided that they were both worthy of the title.  In a great show of sportsmanship they decided to split the prize and the glory, so congratulations to both of them!  They both fought hard throughout the ladder and proved that they were capable of being the #1 ladder player out there, and both created many great games.  In the end though, they realized the spirit of the competition and made a decision that I think we can all approve of. 

With the winding down of FML Ladder Season 1, it’s time to start thinking about FML Ladder Season 2.  Never fear, it will be starting up shortly again.  We are currently reviewing how the ladder ran, and trying to think of any changes that need to be implemented, or improvements that should be made.  Some of the things in the works are an improved experience system, actual graphics showing ladder levels ala Battle.net, and more! 

We are always open to hearing more from the community though, and as such we would like to hear your thoughts on Season 1, as well as anything that you would like to see changed in the future.  This by no means is saying that we will implement every change, but we like to know the communities thoughts on the matter. 

Thanks, and GL&HF!
Hi

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
Re: And The Winner Is...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 02:21:01 pm »
I remember you saying that if we give you games out of order for "strategic reasons", people will be penalized.

Why not just do what I did in the first few games.

Say FML LADDER (insert date/time here).  Seeing as many players have forgetful memories to immediately send a game, especially if it's like 3 am.

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 02:26:01 pm »
Also I think you should only get points for # of FML players.  So if 3/4th are FML and 1 non FML player, winner should only get 3.

Ugri2

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 03:14:41 pm »
Also I think you should only get points for # of FML players.  So if 3/4th are FML and 1 non FML player, winner should only get 3.

I was about to say that -- UNLESS the 4th guy is a known ffa player (fly, antanitis, w/e) and not some random scrub