May 04, 2024, 03:03:10 pm

Author Topic: DIABLO MUFUHKIN THREE  (Read 6587 times)

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ATi.Bright
  • Race: Random
Re: DIABLO MUFUHKIN THREE
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 07:05:15 pm »
go to google and type in d2jsp, I assume its the website that made blizzard realize they should do a real money auction house.  Used it for its bot back in 2003 when D2jsp was the only working diablo 2 battle.net bot, been using the forums for several years since then.

As for what your saying cheerios, I got LOD the day it came out and I was in hellmode after about a week (which I got inferno in d3 after about a week)  yes gear was harder to get in diablo 2 then diablo 3, but if you go on the auction house and spend 5 mil, which 99.8% of the diablo 3 population has not earned yet and use that 5 mil to buy the best gear you can, you still wont be able to do more then a couple of runs in inferno.  I have 66K DPS and cant even make a dent in act 2 inferno, we tried doing belial with a full group of very geared monk/wizard/WD/DH and wiped about 20 times before I finally threw in the towel. 
The difference is in diablo 2 LOD after release you could kill mephisto, baal, diablo without having the best gear easily with strategic tactics trapping the boss on ledges, or behind pillars. 
Compare the number of players who have legitimately beat D3 on inferno (a handful) out of the 8 million copies of the game that's been sold.
Now see the number of copies of Diablo 2/LOD sold a few hundred thousand.  And I know there were even more people who had beaten hell mode, because you could farm hell gear on Nightmare meph/d/baal whereas here on D3 the only place to farm somewhat inferno ready gear is in inferno.

Diablo 3 has its problems absolutely, but difficulty is definitely not an issue.  Legendaries and Set items are underpowered, the primary story line is lacking (however I've highly enjoyed reading all the journals and books found along the way), the way heroes skills are built is atrocious compared to where I left off on diablo 2 with synergies and skill points.  The fact the game released without being PVP ready.
I have faith that they are going to fix these things tho, the difficulty definitely not an issue.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:11:16 pm by ATiBright »

Offline Cheerio

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Undelicious
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 07:24:22 pm »
Let me again point out that what i find really sad with d3 is not the toughness of playing the actual game but the difficulty there is to understand the mechanics in the game.

Gamers got better since d2 and are therefore better at exploiting the weaknesses there are in games and the exploits that made it possible to gain levels in d3 were far "better" than the ones you could find in d2 or d2lod within the first few weeks (later came the glitching to cowruns nightmare that were exploited hardcore). How many people were lvl 99 1 week after release of d2classic or lod? how many people were lvl 99 1 month after release? a year after? 10 years after? (getting lvl 99 only "really" became an option with the bots you mention). Now compare that to how many people are level 60 in d3.

but again we touch the dynamics of the game where you point out that farming items were easier in d2 and it's harder in d3 - though the trading has been made easier which makes it easier for the average player to upgrade his gear compared to d2. it is this idea of making things easier for the players that i find repulsive (i know this is not the right word, but i don't know others that are better).

to me it seems more like you're justifying that what you have achieved so far in d3 isn't worth nothing but actually a good job. I'm not saying otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:30:29 pm by Cheerio »

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2012, 07:41:50 pm »
Uh, I had 3 99's on the LOD ladder, my friend zappadoo had 4 all in LOD before the botting era.  Hitting 99 wasn't very difficult in the first 3 years after release, when they released the synergy patch is when hitting 99 became very difficult.

And thats a mechanics issue on this game.  On diablo 2 there was very little benefit of being "99" for gear, whereas on d3 you need to be level 60 to use late game gear, they obviously wanted leveling to be easier on d3 then in D2.  On diablo 2 you could equip every piece of gear u could possibly want by level 88.

I need to mention as well, they didn't want this to be a diablo 2 clone.  The real validity of diablo 2 died very early because of the complete joke of an economy.  Inserting an auction house does make it easier for the average player to get geared, but its like diablo 2 in the fact more time spent playing = more reward in the game.  That's pretty much how every RPG works, spend more time playing, be better off in the game.  Not to mention its quite obvious there is going to be an expansion that is going to let people level higher, add more difficulty, and new items waiting to be farmed.  And if were lucky maybe even addding certain items that can't be sold on the auction house.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:49:27 pm by ATiBright »

Offline Cheerio

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 08:25:10 pm »
so you were lvl 99 a week after diablo-release? that's pretty well-done. I don't think anyone in europe was even lvl 99 after a 3 weeks.

you are right that you didn't need lvl 99 to equip items, but a +100 life each level after bo made each level worth while if you wanted to do pvp. on a sidenote you needed lvl 95 to equip ilvl99 crafted amus, but you are right that most items had a level cap of 87.

Diablo 3 is definatly a good game and I just wanted more i guess (probably more of a clone than what would've been good for the game). I think we should have this discussion in a month and then see what new, exciting aspects we have found.

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2012, 08:29:06 pm »
I was responding to the months/year after release on the 99s ofc I didn't have a 99 a week in, but like I said that 99 in D2 is completely different from the 60 here in D3.  I actually like the way they redid leveling you come out 60 right around the time you finish hell it works out perfectly, I just wish leveling correlated into better skills more directly like it did in D2.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2012, 12:40:40 am »
please explain your posts so us trolls knwo what the hell you all are talking about :(

Hahaha :D
Yeah, I gave up ^_^

Lightweight!

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 01:01:04 pm »
I am on my 3rd try vs diablo on Hell. It is already his 3rd form and i will maybe need 1 more minute to finish him after working 10 min on it then bnet kicks me from the server. I checked my router which did not reconnect. Love blizzard for selling sth that is actually a beta version of a game. Frustration factor for me very high so far.

ANd ofc i can't relog. It is still an unplayable game 2 weeks after the release. I think i am going to sell it soon.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:06:03 pm by Lightweight! »

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 01:58:52 pm »
the problem is that you can NOT sell it since the key is already attached to your battle.net Account. Im still having fun by playing it (atm im at the end of Act2 in Hell)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 11:23:57 pm »
Might have a bnet account that's independent.  I know I gave serious thought to buying mine on a separate email in case it turned out to be shit. In the end I decided I would give Blizzard one more chance to prove itself to me.  I still have faith it will end up being good though, I think they'll patch it to make so.  Whether this is a rip off scheme is another debate, but I think in a year from now I'll still be having fun. 
Hi

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 11:11:13 pm »
I'm still having fun, but its about time I make a new char to 60 cause my DH is almost fully geared.  Missing nats ring, and a good bow thats about it (76K DPS).  Also got a magic find set for over 200 MF

Offline Cheerio

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 06:31:04 pm »
uhmm. I know that this guy has an ego that rivals most of the guys in here, but I think he got some good points (and some bad ones), but it's been over a month since i wanted to hear what you thought now:D
&feature=g-vrec