May 08, 2024, 09:15:32 am

Author Topic: playffa - I decided to stop - outcomes  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
playffa - I decided to stop - outcomes
« on: November 13, 2014, 08:22:48 pm »
I stop :
I mentionned that already to a couple of you guys. I am too depressed to go on.

Yesterday I learnt a couple of new facts about the shit we felt in this week that I will not all disclose. One of them being that the noob that I am thought we could save all the content of playffa if we moved : well we cannot as any decent webmaster knows.

I am tired of begging Zb headadmin to let me access my work. I do not want to stay there anymore at all but if I go somewhere else I lose everything.

playffa was my baby and I liked to see it grow. We were about to reach 1000 members in about 11 months. We usually had between 30 to 60 people online. The chat was always active. We did events that attracted hundred of viewers. We even invented new games, created ladder seasons and so on.

It is too depressing to see it die and just make a new one seeing a couple of guy registering especially after the success of the last solo event. 5 members, 3 posts, 10 guests online = no thanks.

the bots
Bots are paid up until April 23rd 2015 I think. So they can run. I also have enough money from donations to renew them at least once without anybody donating anything, nearly twice. So of course I will not run with that money and will pay the bills up until money runs out.
Or if you are a recent donator and want your money back, just pm me and we will organize the refund.

playffa management
I can point out the domain to one of you or a group of you that would like to take over. You can just pm to me the new structure you want to organize as a chain of command. My fellow admins have my preference of course but if they are not willing then you can debate here and whoever has the agreement of the rest will be given access to what is needed.

Ugri
I am addicted to stuff organization so I will see what I will do. I can probably be useful later somewhere if my mood gets better. At the moment I will just center my attention onto other things.

Shoutout to hayder
I do not want to take someone out of the great community that you are in particular but one day Hayder if you see this, thanks a tons for your help and thanks a million for the massive amount of fun I had when we used to shoutcast games together. I was always looking forward to it, you were always high on cocaine, I could not say a word but i loved it and I will miss it. For those who never saw, one game chosen randomly where i think hayder slept about 4 hours in two days.

Thanks guys for all the fun I had the last few years doing this.

DV-

Re: playffa - I decided to stop - outcomes
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 08:45:29 pm »
No

Offline letshavesomefun

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:53:38 pm »
i agree with dv (first time in my life)
take a few days off to calm down and look what the future brings!
thats not a decision you should base on a daily mood!
i mean you just dont call your ex gf when you are drunk right?
so relax a little before you decide smth like that =)

Offline over-admire

• Peon
    • View Profile
    • Clan viki
  • B.net Account: over-admire
  • Race: Random
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 08:59:59 pm »
i agree with dv (first time in my life)
take a few days off to calm down and look what the future brings!
thats not a decision you should base on a daily mood!
i mean you just dont call your ex gf when you are drunk right?
so relax a little before you decide smth like that =)

NO UGRI, we can do this. i know you were close to 1000+ members on your old site, but our community doesn't care about numbers. They care about there leader, an their community. With the data we already have , we are able to make a site that worked exactly the same way www.playffa.net did. you know iam willing to step up an get it done. Take the weekend to think about this. we can talk more on sunday good friend. Iam actually in the process to leaving hayder a voicemail. in times of need we need our great Cheerleader.

LONG LIVE PLAYFFA
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:12:31 pm by over-admire »

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 09:13:09 pm »
Ugri give it a few days.  With community support, which you have a lot more of then you think right now, you can build it better than it was before—think about it

Going onto a different domain, perhaps getting a nicer front page/forum board we could make something better and more resistant to ddos attacks.  Also, wait a week or two and cool off and send another message to zeta boards about getting your data, in a different manner.  We could get many people to send them emails and stuff as support.

I know that I for one wrote A LOT of stuff on the site, and I know others have too, but it really isn't the end of the world.  I saved some of the more important stuff anyway, and we could easily piece together who won the old seasons and tournaments  It's also easier to make things look nicer when starting it from scratch as opposed to constantly re-editing it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:15:05 pm by Dovekie »

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 09:16:06 pm »
Very depressing news. I know none of us can know exactly what you are feeling right now, but I know somewhat the disappointment and frustrations you are certainly going through and know they are very depressing to you personally. I agree with the community though... if anything, now is the time to start over with all the support you have from many people. I know it will not be the same overnight, but it won't take another year to achieve maybe even greater numbers than what you had during the last solo event.

I don't think playffa would ever be the same without you at the helm, and I don't think it could ever succeed again in even a shade of its former glory if you are not a major part of this (hopefully) transitional period. Maybe a new beginning is just what playffa needs. But that decision rests with you; we as a community will support you and help you in the many ways we can, but you are playffa's creator, and if you give up, I fear we will never see playffa achieve its full potential. Potential I think we were just beginning to see glimpses of with the amount of players it brought back to the game, the amount of new players it brought to the game type, and the the overall revival of what was previously thought to be a "dead game".

Offline over-admire

• Peon
    • View Profile
    • Clan viki
  • B.net Account: over-admire
  • Race: Random
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 09:33:47 pm »
Very depressing news. I know none of us can know exactly what you are feeling right now, but I know somewhat the disappointment and frustrations you are certainly going through and know they are very depressing to you personally. I agree with the community though... if anything, now is the time to start over with all the support you have from many people. I know it will not be the same overnight, but it won't take another year to achieve maybe even greater numbers than what you had during the last solo event.

I don't think playffa would ever be the same without you at the helm, and I don't think it could ever succeed again in even a shade of its former glory if you are not a major part of this (hopefully) transitional period. Maybe a new beginning is just what playffa needs. But that decision rests with you; we as a community will support you and help you in the many ways we can, but you are playffa's creator, and if you give up, I fear we will never see playffa achieve its full potential. Potential I think we were just beginning to see glimpses of with the amount of players it brought back to the game, the amount of new players it brought to the game type, and the the overall revival of what was previously thought to be a "dead game".

well said , an Yes the community is here to support you! UGRI FIGHTING!

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 09:51:10 pm »
Hi

Offline Nooblex

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Nooblex
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 12:19:30 am »
Wow that's really tough. Can't imagine what it must be like giving having to give up all of that because they won't do their job and manage the sites they're supposed to host.

Like others have said though, I'd really appreciate it if you'd think about reconsidering. PlayFFA.net IS FFA. FFA is essentially dead without it. We have hundreds and hundreds of players who love this gametype, and playffa.net is the only thing holding it together.

I think a lot of people are willing to help if needed (myself included).

But whatever you decide, I still want to thank you for everything you've done, because you've basically single-handedly saved (not only saved but grown) my favorite video game I've played. So thanks. Whatever you decide, you're awesome :)

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 12:53:19 am »
I feel happy, sad, embarassed, proud, willing to fight and depressed. I am confused. I need to write something but i dont know what. I appreciate but it is not needed, I rarely considered you as ungrateful bastards, whether you donated or not. Sometimes I did but it is when I am raging, I am a little bit too passionated sometimes, that goes for good and bad things.

I received many skype message too and that video I cannot even start to comment it as I did not see it coming. But please no need to put more, I know how the community is and that is why I have been fighting so much for it. For me its like family, to an extend of course, and even if you argue sometimes you know you can count on one another.

This I know even if I was an asshole half the time. I fought with pretty much half of the community.  Not sure why I am bringing this up now, probably because it was the subject of many discussions before the attacks. But I never considered that I should be congratulated more.

Like when I left FML (twice), I did because I was not feeling too good. Now I have the same feeling. Last time I left Worpex said it could not work without me. That was like what, Season 14? Now it is Season 20.

Zb gave me a refund. I do not understand most of what the head admin is saying beside that. Board is still offline.  I dont like to be exposed, yet I am exposing myself all the time. I might be crazy? Let me think about it but please close the topic, it is a little too much. I had to pause the video twice and it lasts only 10 minutes.

thanks to all

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 01:06:02 am »
Closed as per your request (make sure to skype if ever you want it reopen!)
(also gl hf we will support you whatever you choose to do!)  :icon_smile:

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 08:39:55 am »
Thank you for all you've done Ugri. I know I said FML couldn't run without you, and the truth is we never did. Without PlayFFA generating renewed interest in FFA, FML would not have lasted long past S14. Wish you would reconsider your position. When FML was being hacked by Nebu All those years ago I never gave up even when I had to rebuild everything for the 3rd time. I hate letting the hackers win and when you give up, they do. The community has your back if you rebuild. We will rally behind you and support you all the way. If you give up, the hacker is the only one truly happy with that choice. Good luck in your future Ugri and I hope you make the right call!