May 09, 2024, 05:21:06 pm

Poll

S13 format:

Conference Mode (S12)
Swiss 4 Rounds (S10)
Conference Swiss
FML A / B (S1-8)
Other (Discuss)

Author Topic: S13 Public Discussion  (Read 13193 times)

Ugri2

Re: S13 Public Discussion
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 01:26:11 pm »
It's too bad that the mapmaking contest never took off.  While the maps might not have been ready for S13, it would be a great way to create a new map/s for S14.

creating a good map takes a while, just to see it rejected by admins after : lol no thks

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »
We don't need a contest for people to make maps. If someone makes a good one I see no reason why it can't be added into FML.

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 01:41:58 pm »
Still confused on difference between conference swiss and regular conference...
:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 01:47:44 pm »
Also, couldn't A/B be decided by admins discussion of players' strengths and weaknesses instead of based on the outcome of a game?  I'm sure they are knowledgeable and experienced enough to decide who belongs in which league.  Qualifiers could be used as a performance test / helpful decision-informing test for admins to make decisions based on.  For instance say a player goes 4th place in qualies but was 3-0 in past seasons, wouldn't just go to FML B cuz they lost, admins would have say.  Same for if a player has done poorly in past seasons but really steps it up in a qualifier showing they've made improvement they could get put in A.  Idk just an idea.

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 01:51:50 pm »
- I like the idea of 16 player conferences for 32 players max.  With a lower number of players (meaning more intelligent FFA players), it should bring great games throughout the season.

- I also would vote for a slight change to 5 regular season games (down from 6, up from 4).  6 does seem like a little much, however only 4 games is too little of a sample size in my opinion.  Sometimes winning only 1 of 4 could get you into the playoffs, where with 5 games in all likely hood players would have to win 2 of 5. 

- I vote for no PM again this season. 

- All of the current point rules are good and gets my vote again. 

- As for map choices: (I believe the map order could be predetermined to give players practice time ahead of schedule) 

Week 1: Monsoon
Week 2 : Hurricane Isles (This season's special map)
Week 3 : Silverpine Forest
Week 4 : Twilight Ruins
Week 5 : Marketsquare

Semis/Finals are able to also choose Harvest or Deadlock. 

P.S. I plan on not missing my last game to where I would've been in the playoffs for sure.  In fact, Renaud can thank me for the FML crown since I didn't show and he got my spot.   :icon_wink:

Ugri2

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 01:59:42 pm »
I agree completely with Seksi.

For the maps, there are a shit load of good maps I like which are always rejected because when they get to the voting point, players do not know them so they dont vote for them :

- Thunder Lake which was used in S7 I believe and gave us great games

-  Rock Quarry would be better than Hurricanes if we want a new big map, less risk of long towered games on islands

- Roundabout / Spider Falls / Bloodstone Mesa / Battleground are always rejected by votes but would give us good game

Maybe for these later four, admins organize a vote so we chose one out those 4 to be added to the map pool

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »
Oh yeah, good call Ugri.  Thunder Lake is one of the best maps ever!!  I am down with Rock Quarry instead of Hurricane also.  As for the last maps, of those I would choose either Bloodstone Mesa or Spider Falls... but Thunder Lake #1

SteppinRazor

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 02:09:02 pm »
I think we should do one really small map that would require people to play "differently" aka no 30 minutes of hoarding on 4 expos.  Something like Turtle Rock would IMO be a lot of fun.

Magadansky

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 02:19:27 pm »
I call to keep the PM banned. The season definitely benefited from this rule. I am also for new unusual maps. We need to spice FFA a bit, not play all the maps that we are so used (and bored) with. Even something like Predators (was it that?) or Wetlands would be nicer for one round. It would require different adaptation rather than the same big maps all 4, 5 or 6 rounds. Speaking of rounds, I also agree with Seksi - 5 rounds seems good! I voted for Conference Swiss since I like changes but I liked S12 model too.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 03:09:08 pm »
But... but... 5 isn't even....

Lightweight!

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 03:47:54 pm »
I thought this season was great. You still sound bitter about losing your semi.

This is the easiest way to weaken someones arguments. Won't comment that anymore.

This season was BORING. Games were BORING, scheduling was PAIN IN THE ASS. Need to repeat that to not have another season like this. And punishing seksi saying he did feed was ridicolous too, but ofc renaud had to show his admin powers in that case. More Worpex beeing warden, KILLIN BACK (where is this guy or was it just a troll that he is coming back?) and Nebu as CO-Head admin. 

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 03:55:29 pm »
There was no difference between the games this season and last one (except the finals). The scheduling was done in 2 weeks just like usual. If you want more exciting games then maybe you should stop staying in your base for 2 hours doing nothing.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 03:55:52 pm »
I thought this season was great. You still sound bitter about losing your semi.

This is the easiest way to weaken someones arguments. Won't comment that anymore.

This season was BORING. Games were BORING, scheduling was PAIN IN THE ASS. Need to repeat that to not have another season like this. And punishing seksi saying he did feed was ridicolous too, but ofc renaud had to show his admin powers in that case. More Worpex beeing warden, KILLIN BACK (where is this guy or was it just a troll that he is coming back?) and Nebu as CO-Head admin. 

Seriously? You're blaming the admins for you not enjoying this previous season? Fuck you dude.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 04:11:40 pm »
1) Seksi had his garg spamming move points while I killed them, they din't even hit one of my hippo, and they kept going back and forth.  And after I killed those, two more that where cross map went to the exact same spot where he had previous lost his 10 others.  It sucked because he played great, but that was feeding.  I had actually forgotten about it, but I received 2-3 pm after the game asking me wtf that was, and din't he get any pp.

so REJECTED!

2) Ebo might be "crying in my pillow until the pain goes away" but that sure is better than crying in the forum like a little bitch, at least he doesn't annoy us

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 04:18:46 pm »
(also, I think 5 round might be good)