May 10, 2024, 04:37:24 am

Author Topic: Need confirmation from mods on "feeding"  (Read 10608 times)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
Re: Need confirmation from mods on "feeding"
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2012, 03:19:38 pm »
How could it go wrong? easy. Someone takes their item and doesn't pay up.
and gets killed for it.

Similarly, let's say I and persuade play our mine buddy game. I promise to leave him 2k and leave nothing instead. He can get really pissed and team me, since I'm now much stronger than him.

I jack an item = I'm stronger = teaming time.

Top-level FFA has a wonderful way of self-regulating. Anyone who gets too strong, particularly in a cheap way (e.g. playing orc!) is asking to get teamed.

P.S. Tangent - Corruption vs Purge is arguable, both are extremely good. Purge's anti-staff feature gives it the edge vs HU/NEs though.

Or the other players will think you're trying to manip them and wont team the player who stole the item and if you try to kill him alone, he has item advantage and wins!

Scout better, noobs! Come on, you can't not see the awesome scenarios this would generate in games. I think it'd be great to try. We ran a vote for private chat, can we run a vote for this before S13 begins?

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2012, 05:21:07 pm »
Don't think we need a vote for this, in my eyes, this isn't Feeding - its Trading. Completely different thing. Feeding is when one person gets everything, trading is when two people benefit. I don't know at this moment if it should be allowed, but for the moment, there is no rules against it nor is there any reason to say there should be. This is the item equivalent of begging for ones life in exchange for an alliance. Mutually beneficial trade.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2012, 05:34:33 pm »
Sounds good, thanks Worpex.

Offline Kruppe

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 08:04:21 pm »
So now we play WOW?

This is the point where poor Kruppe will leave for good.

You let the same person that bashes another player of this league go unpunished and change the rules of the game for him due to pre game manip?

Good bye FML, goodbye Worpex.

Enough is enough.

Best wishes (only to you, Worpex),
Kruppe

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012, 08:11:11 pm »
The rules talk about feeding, not trading. If you would like to discuss your points as to why item trading should not be allowed (or, as to why trading should be considered feeding), please make them. So far, i've heard none. As for Ebo bashing players, I think everyone in the community does this and I don't think its going to stop either. It's not like hes offensive about it, he just calls people cheesers.

I can never tell when you're serious or trolling Kruppe. :/

Ugri2

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2012, 08:28:47 pm »
Kruppe is very touchy : I remember him being very sad in S10 when we were all doing predictions and I wasnt thinking he would make the playoffs...

Ebo called him a noob in his semi so he is upset.

Kruppe : do no mind what people that you dont care about think.

Offline Kruppe

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2012, 08:33:19 pm »
Did you know Worpex, that Kruppe loves you?

(platonic, ofc)

Kruppe is not trolling about this point - when Kruppe is trolling you got a PM (I do not remember; like 1 or 2 times).

About Ebo, read this:

http://www.ffareplays.com/comment.php?file=S12-%20WestSemi1

In any strategic game, there are boundaries. You imagine any shop except UD for an undead player? You imagine other races' heroes added to your army when given the right gifts?

Anyway, this question of Ebo has a destination.

It is to weaken you, all sworn players to this league, and FML itself.

In my opinion, forbid any of this crap.

It is not good for the league.

The end is near, and I like to thank you Worpex. Rarely we had the same opinion but you are a guy, that I admire and I would bring a lot of beer and booze if we met.

Thank you.

For everything.

To my friends Renaud, Ugrilainen, Wrecktify, Slythe, Magadansky, Practicemage, and whomever I forgot being drunk as I am now:

ALL THE BEST!

Ah, Seksi, I love you.

LW, thanks for your effort.

Farewell,
Kruppe
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:35:26 pm by Kruppe »

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2012, 08:37:40 pm »
Same here, Worpex. I think this is a problem with trolls like me and him, people can never tell when we are putting our heart out to be stabbed by many a rusty bodkin.

Kruppe I apologized about comments in your game, and don't mind me, I'm just a noob myself, so my comments aren't worth anything. (I explained my feelings on it. I believed Darker, who is one my favorite NE players basically lost because you suicided him, and this made me very bitter. Sorry if you have a problem with this.)

If you have anything to add to the discussion, please do, maybe I'm not seeing some obvious problem with this, and if you or someone else argued back, we could prevent some horrible games from happening.

PS. Well yeah, this is WC3, not SC, Heroes and Items are part of the game, just like WoW I suppose. What's wrong with that? This is what makes WC3 such a unique game!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:43:15 pm by rygorych »

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 08:41:04 pm »
In any strategic game, there are boundaries. You imagine any shop except UD for an undead player? You imagine other races' heroes added to your army when given the right gifts?

Umm, there is something wrong with this? This makes for AWESOME games. See last season's semi where I got DK Lich MK combo. See this season's R4 game where Ugri won by using UD + HU Steam Tanks. I'm sure there are a few other games I'm forgetting, but they were all awesome.