May 10, 2024, 11:33:54 am

Author Topic: Need confirmation from mods on "feeding"  (Read 10609 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: Need confirmation from mods on "feeding"
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 02:40:07 am »
No mage :(?
Hi

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 06:10:07 am »
Actually I think I'm the 0.5 admin because I now have admin rights to lock and remove topics.

Come at me bros!

Anyways, Worpex, makes sense, though I pretty much did explain what I wanted to do. I wanted to offer other races to trade my shop items for their shop items. It has nothing to do specifically with the semi. This is something I've been wanting to make popular for a long time now since I got hands on HU staffs back as UD . It adds a great edge to the strategy and I think could make the games more fun. To be honest I think this is the final frontier of "playing within the game's rules" that we can go to. The ambiguity in this rule prevents it from being an actual tactic, though, that's why people don't do it. In all of last few seasons, there has been like a total of 1 instance of strategic item giveaway.

This game is based on teaming up. Last semi, I teamed up with Johny and bansheed his peasant to build up HU side. He could kill it, but he didn't, and of course noone would claim this was feeding. It was in his interests to keep peace with me, so he let me have it. Similarly people share or give up mines, very normal. Yet items are somehow this big shady area people are afraid to approach. Unlike gold mines though, items open up a huge level of strategy, where one race suddenly gains entirely new powers by taking other race's items. How is that not good?

Now that said I understand why you'd want to prevent griefing, which is the feeding per definition in FML rules is. Griefing someone to lose when you have no chance to win yourself is of course quite bad... but we already have suiciders, who can threaten suicide as manip or actually do it to grief. And both are accepted as valid tactics.

Maybe run a vote on this one, like we did with Priv chat? Not for this season, but as new rule for next season?

Ugri2

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 08:07:44 am »
Oh then leave me alone when I will possess one worker of you guys!

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 10:12:05 am »
 :icon_lol: Not sure how this is related Ugri.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 11:28:52 am »
Heres the issue with your idea: You have 2 elves in the game and they generally like their shops orb enough to not care about trading for another races orb. Elf already has a staff too so they're set and don't need anything from your shop. The human might be interested in trading you orb for staff, but thats about it.  So unless you go undead and tempt Q with their orb, no ones going to want to do business with you. If you go orc, perhaps someone would bite for a tiny great hall but thats about it.

As far as the legality of this goes, Im not really opposed to it. Not a whole lot to trade though as most races either have items which are specific to their race or generic items. Only the orbs and staves are really up for grabs.

Wrecktify

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 11:40:15 am »
ill trade a staff for an orb of corruption 8D

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 11:52:39 am »
Heres the issue with your idea: You have 2 elves in the game and they generally like their shops orb enough to not care about trading for another races orb. Elf already has a staff too so they're set and don't need anything from your shop. The human might be interested in trading you orb for staff, but thats about it.  So unless you go undead and tempt Q with their orb, no ones going to want to do business with you. If you go orc, perhaps someone would bite for a tiny great hall but thats about it.

As far as the legality of this goes, Im not really opposed to it. Not a whole lot to trade though as most races either have items which are specific to their race or generic items. Only the orbs and staves are really up for grabs.
Well you're talking specifically about the semi, and like I said this isn't about the semi, I'd just love to have this as an open option for future games (perhaps starting next season). I think the implications of this are huge: imagine orc trading their tiny hall for a few staffs from NE: NE gets lusted/doctored/linked chims, Orc gets hero saves, other 2 players get PISSED THE HELL OFF, mass teaming/chaos starts. I think this would be an awesome fresh change to acknowledge and encourage (barring outright suicide feeding, which would be up to mods to identify and punish).

And I also think you're downplaying the value of items, Worp, as Wreck says, HU orbs suck, they'd loooove to get their paws on Orc or UD orbs... those things are insane. And of course HU staff is extremely good for any race. NEs are perhaps most useless because their staffs are bad without moonwell heals, but AMS pots are great too. UDs got the crazy orbs and.... blight skulls for giggles :)

And besides shop items, let's say UD gets the DK aura item. They want the orc drum items, they offer to trade it, everyone wins, others get pissed teaming/fun chaos begins, obs get popcorn.

Or how about 2 people trading items in a corner, BM runs up and jacks the items/destroys them, nerdrage ensues, everyone teams orc!

I honestly think this would spice up the games alot.

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 01:30:56 pm »
Flaw with part of that Ebo.

Tiny Great Hall
Creates a Great Hall at a target location. Human, Night Elf, and Undead players will get their racial equivalent town hall.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/basics/heroitemsconsumed.shtml

I do get what you're saying, and I think if implemented correctly it could really spice up the games.  I do think something will go wrong at some point though haha.  I'm also wondering if this might favor some races more then others. 
Hi

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 01:45:27 pm »
It def. favors some races. But this is FFA , strongest race doesn't need to always win (if people are smart, they team the strongest!).
And wow I didn't know that about the tiny hall... A bit of a bummer. Oh well, orcs still have best orb in game to barter :)

As for how it could go wrong... I'm not sure. Might create some drama of: "OMG HU WITH ORBS IN UNSTOPPABLLE" or "OMG ORC WITH STAFF IS OMG". But once again, team the strongest :) 2v1 always wins.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2012, 01:51:12 pm »
wait, what? Since when did orcs get the best orb in the game? lol it's good, but Orb is Corruption is the best by far. Most orc players don't even use more than 1 orb of lightening cause it purges their own spells.

Didn't know that about the tiny great hall. Kinda makes it useless to trade to undead but the other races might want it.

How could it go wrong? easy. Someone takes their item and doesn't pay up.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 02:03:57 pm »
See?  This is what's wrong with missing the internet for a day, I don't even have the patience to read all of that in one go

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2012, 02:05:35 pm »
and gets killed for it.

Similarly, let's say I and persuade play our mine buddy game. I promise to leave him 2k and leave nothing instead. He can get really pissed and team me, since I'm now much stronger than him.

I jack an item = I'm stronger = teaming time.

Top-level FFA has a wonderful way of self-regulating. Anyone who gets too strong, particularly in a cheap way (e.g. playing orc!) is asking to get teamed.

P.S. Tangent - Corruption vs Purge is arguable, both are extremely good. Purge's anti-staff feature gives it the edge vs HU/NEs though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:19:27 pm by rygorych »

Ugri2

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 02:58:45 pm »
To simplify the whole topic, I suggest a good 3vs1 early game to kill ebo

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2012, 03:09:05 pm »
To simplify the whole topic, I suggest a good 3vs1 early game to kill ebo

I don't get how I get blamed for pregame manip or even preteaming when I clearly state that this has nothing to do with the semi or even this season, while comments like this are OK.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2012, 03:16:30 pm »
and gets killed for it.

Similarly, let's say I and persuade play our mine buddy game. I promise to leave him 2k and leave nothing instead. He can get really pissed and team me, since I'm now much stronger than him.

I jack an item = I'm stronger = teaming time.

Top-level FFA has a wonderful way of self-regulating. Anyone who gets too strong, particularly in a cheap way (e.g. playing orc!) is asking to get teamed.

P.S. Tangent - Corruption vs Purge is arguable, both are extremely good. Purge's anti-staff feature gives it the edge vs HU/NEs though.

Or the other players will think you're trying to manip them and wont team the player who stole the item and if you try to kill him alone, he has item advantage and wins!