May 09, 2024, 09:51:35 pm

Author Topic: next season?  (Read 9850 times)

Ugri2

Re: next season?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2012, 06:29:54 pm »
If the point is to play FFA, why put emphasis on points. Let's have some fun FFAs instead. I don't know. I just feel like spending 4 rounds to eliminate just 30% players is kinda wrong.

We are doing some fun ffa also. But players, I assume, like the hackfree competition.

(--> redkeekee I understood what he meant and I disagree with the whole spirit of the idea)

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2012, 06:51:50 pm »
Oh my b.  I had to read it a few times to understand the point guess I'm just slow >D
:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2012, 07:04:36 pm »
As for the points business I'm really not too concerned but the only thing I would say for sure about things I'd like to see next season is a more honed player-base.  Many of the matches were wonky because of inexperience/large discrepancy of skill between players.  I think qualies would be a good idea but I cannot stress the importance of the next point: encourage everyone to practice!  Like the same 4 people spam "Game?" on a consistent basis and if people just PLAYED more there might be some serious competition.  There were so few games this season where people made the right decisions all the way through (I know I certainly didn't!) based purely on experience and practice.  Most weren't intentionally "suiciding" but rather just didn't realize they weren't using the best "ffa sense" or whatever we're calling it.  But really across the board what sucked more than anything was the complete lack of good scouting.  Makes for tons of bad decisions and easily manipulated situations.  Rant over, gl to all in semis!

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 08:47:24 pm »
As for the points business I'm really not too concerned but the only thing I would say for sure about things I'd like to see next season is a more honed player-base.  Many of the matches were wonky because of inexperience/large discrepancy of skill between players.  I think qualies would be a good idea but I cannot stress the importance of the next point: encourage everyone to practice!  Like the same 4 people spam "Game?" on a consistent basis and if people just PLAYED more there might be some serious competition.  There were so few games this season where people made the right decisions all the way through (I know I certainly didn't!) based purely on experience and practice.  Most weren't intentionally "suiciding" but rather just didn't realize they weren't using the best "ffa sense" or whatever we're calling it.  But really across the board what sucked more than anything was the complete lack of good scouting.  Makes for tons of bad decisions and easily manipulated situations.  Rant over, gl to all in semis!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 08:58:22 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

Offering $100USD to whoever kills Persuade in ES1.

Ugri2

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2012, 09:07:03 pm »
The fact the player pool was too large or extended to too many new / low active or too low experimented players is agreed by everyone. It will change for next season

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2012, 09:15:56 pm »
The fact the player pool was too large or extended to too many new / low active or too low experimented players is agreed by everyone. It will change for next season

master has spoken, we must obey

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09:11 pm »
well 16/50 is a good amount I think. (cut 68%)
And if we count all the players with 3 games, we get 16/33 (cut 52%)
And if we count all the players with 4 games, we get 14/25 (cut 44%)

We eliminated ~50% of the players!  It's a good amount imo