May 15, 2024, 06:18:24 am

Author Topic: S21 Winners Round 1 / Losers Round 2 On Their Way  (Read 1984 times)

Magadansky

S21 Winners Round 1 / Losers Round 2 On Their Way
« on: October 13, 2015, 02:11:09 pm »
The first losers round is over and, boy, was it a hell of a trip! 3 amazingly close games on Twilight Ruins, featuring many strong players who battled in the ferocity of the 8-way. From those brutal battles, three victors emerged. Their names are:
:USA: :ra: Eshan
:Denmark: :hu: zTsoso
:Russia: :ud: qwest

Here is a bit of a summary of how these players won their games:

The random player from the US emerged victorious in an epic 8-way where it all came down to final heroes and buildings. In his game, an outstanding 4-way became a war of balancing powers, with a lot of hidden armies, manipulation and teaming. :USA: SteppinRazor, :USA: Seksi and :Sweden: fetta_ook were his rivals but they all failed, one way or another, in crushing the dreaded three HU hero combo, which ones again proved to be one of the ultimate ending game killing machines. GG Eshan!

Soso is another victor on Twilight Ruins, competing in an extraordinary 5-way in which everyone had a chance of winning almost until the very end. It is not often you hear those words but it really came down to the wire in this exceptional piece of 8-way. Soso, however, used the MK/PAL/BLM combo to defeat his enemies with great nuking and cunning decision making. A win well deserved. GG

Qwest is the final member of the Winners round who successfully created a island castle, which was untouchable for his enemies, who also failed to scout it in time. It was however by no means an easy victory as qwest had to combat many 100 food armies and he did so with great micro, proving his worth for the winners round. GG

These players are joining the other five victors who will then determine the first Grand Finalist in a new 8-way, played on Sanctury. The rest will have to cut through the losers rounds in order to get to the Grand Finals and have the chance to win the FML title.

With that being said, the first Winners round can now be scheduled.

M9

:Peru: :hu: Zs.SuperCumulo
:Denmark: :ud: Tleilaxu
:Sweden: :hu: vetti
:Germany: :ra: Ostone
:Ukraine: :orc: Nline

Deadline 24 October

While the Winners round is on its way, the losers will have other troubles on their mind as the Second Losers round will begin as well. 5 4-ways to determine the ones who will have a new chance for a shot to the Grand Finals. The draws have been made and these are the matches. Map is Deadlock.

M10

:Germany: :orc: Pinballmap
:Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky
:USA: :ra: SteppinRazor
:France: :hu: Valefort

M11

:USA: :ud: l[V]laJiN
:Germany: :hu: Lightweight
:France: :hu: Ponty
:Sweden: :ud: Junkerzam

M12

:Russia: :ra: WhoGuess / GM
:Canada: :ne: Renaud
:Australia: :ne: Sweet
:Russia: :hu: AJIKAIII

M13

:USA: :ra: Seksi
:Russia: :ud: DNIWE_VOVA
:Germany: :ne: CallMeImba
:Russia: :ud: Spielmann

M14

:Sweden: :orc: fetta_ook
:Russia: :ud: Jaod (replacing DV)
:Australia: :orc: Elessar
:USA: :ud: Fow

:Lithuania: :hu: MyTime is dropped due to not posting any times

Deadline 24 October

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
Re: S21 Winners Round 1 / Losers Round 2 On Their Way
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 04:07:10 pm »
The sooner, the better. I can play this weekend, sat and saturday, saturday from 1pm EST and sunday all day.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Magadansky

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 04:12:44 pm »
Scheduling threads will soon be open and you can post your availability there. :)

Offline Valefort

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 05:49:38 am »
Congrats to the three winners !

That 8 way is, as expected, ridiculously stacked. It should be an excellent game on Sanctuary, I see Qwest suffering early game unless he gets a peaceful neighbor and otherwise a chaotic early game with Nline, Soso and Ostone coming out on top and Eshan surviving. Going with Nline as a winner !

M10

Maga clear favorite here, which might backfire on him. Deadlock in a 4 way won't yield many powerful items, I see PBM and myself being killed early by Maga or steppin then they'll duel for a while with Maga eventually winning.

M11

That can be quite wild, Junker should win this but if the first attacks are repelled it can turn into a pretty long and interesting game that might favor Lightweight.

M12

Nasty match that will go fast, Ajika and WhoGuess are agressive and so is Sweet, will Renaud manage to get away with a greedy opening ? Spawning positions will play a large part here. Going with Renaud here.

M13

Looks like the most stacked 4 way match of this round to me, while seksi is the best player the others are all experienced, know him and fear him. I'll go with CallMeImba there though Vova might pull a crazily greedy match while the other two are worried about Seksi and win it all.

M14

Elessar and Fetta are two greedy orcs, Fow and Jaod are agressive uds. I see lots of towers and spawning positions determining the victor, betting on Jaod here.

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
  • Race: Random
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 06:19:05 am »
M10

Hopefully Valefort will tank maga like he did DV in R1

M11

LW #1 forever

M12

Renaud is too smart for any of these guys

M13

Seksi will tome someone and 1v2

M14

I think if fetta makes it to tier 3 with no problems he will win.  Jaod looks like a solid player but doesnt have a ton of experience.  IDK what elessar and fow will do

Offline ostone

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ostone
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 07:01:52 am »
M9

:Peru: :hu: Zs.SuperCumulo
:Denmark: :ud: Tleilaxu
:Sweden: :hu: vetti
:Germany: :ra: Ostone
:Ukraine: :orc: Nline

Very stacked game, most depends on respawns, guess qwest and some orc players seems to be having a tough time in the beggining due their BO's features. Since i know how to play against dirtymanipers i'll do my best at countermaniping them,  also predict some strong solo players gonna be out in the middle being hard teamed out, so shameful, but who cares we are all ffa players. In conlusion it will be an 2 hours game with 3 top players and 1 who actually doesn't have any chance to win. I'm rooting for Soso and Nline. GL HF

M10

Maga is a beast. I respect to him so much , he's always been  an "intelligent player". He's a gentleman  of his words, a true champion. But the second favorite here is Valefort for sure, since Vale is an ud hater and in late game he doesn't have any chance , he should prolly rush maga out with rifles, otherwise Maga is a winner there.

M11

Junkerzam should be careful in the beggining since his hero choice doesn't adapt to fight early, Guess Lw won't response, but if he will , he'll take this game.

M12

Pretty stacked game. Mr.Patience aka Renaud looks forward for me, but GM can surprice as well, Sweet is an underdog. everything can happen in this game.

M13

No doubts there. Seksi is the best player in this match. despite of desicion making, he does have an incredible micro.

M14

2 orc Kings are here to destroy this world. Fetta looks forward here, otherwise jaod has a good chance to represent himself as a good ffa player. glhf
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:59:47 am by ostone »

Offline letshavesomefun

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 08:55:29 am »
That 8 way is, as expected, ridiculously stacked.@ Valefort
you should point out the sarcasm in this statement because some people might not get it.

Ostone Ztsoso and Nline are the 3 Powerhouses in this Game. Cumulo and Qwest can compete with them. And Winning Games with much better Players who all suicide each other is called "Laxuing" for a reason. So 6 Players with a good shot. Vetti and Eshan are the underdogs here and i dont see them beeing able to compete with other players microwise.Cumulo is a hard case. He usually just plays FFA to make me lose. (Out of like 10 3ways including both of us he won like 1(CUZ OF YOU VALEFORT) and I won 0). So whats driving him to play this game? Whats his target? Maybe noone told him that iam not Smurfing under the acc Ostone. Thats gonna be it! so..... From the 6 favorites we can take away Ostone and Cumulo since they gonna suicide each other (wheter Roman want it to happen or not). With Ostone out Soso will care most about Nline cuz ORC. Soso is the stronger soloer and will succed in killing NLINE early. Now theres a 50% CHance Qwest takes adventage of weakend soso and a 50% Chance Laxu takes adventage of weak SOSO. This 3Way is much more than a simple 3way of whos the better player. Its the 3way deciding whos the bigger and better SNAKE. Its the typial nightmare storys FFA players tell there children about how they won their 1n1 and suddenly Ztsnakeso,Maniplaxu or Qwest crossmaped with 100 food and fed on them. Now theres only one thing to do against that and thats scouting. and you can call soso a lot of mean things: Ginger, Noob, Danish, Cryer. BUT hes one thing for sure and thats a good scouter! Its in his Tryhard DNA. Same goes for QWEST. Laxu by all means is no tryhard and not a so good scouter so hes out! My money is on soso! hes just superior to qwest I think.
But its not always about brain! Cumulo is most sympatic inhouse player here so i hope he wins and i root for him!(Ostone you are no inhouse player for me so dont send me cry smilies over whatsapp now)

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 12:27:48 pm »
lmao Shave really made me laugh there. WeŽll see how game develops. In this game there are way too many variables to take into account, so nothing is pre determined :).

Soso, Ostono and Vetti are my top 3 for this group. But soso favorite :)

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo