May 14, 2024, 02:18:50 am

Author Topic: Sympo Finals Official  (Read 854 times)

Ponty

Sympo Finals Official
« on: February 26, 2016, 09:11:53 pm »
DATE : SUNDAY 28th FEBRUARY, 18 CET

Hello, here is the new official thread of the Sympo League Finals, the other one was not usable anymore because of some players refusing to play finals and disturbing the organization of the league.
Fortunately, one of these players : DV, realized it was just a game and finally accepted to play.

The hype around the event got killed because of constant reschedule, several semi finals organizations attempts and finalists changing every 2 days. We know how long it takes to schedule a game of 4 players (can be 1 week or more), so when the players change, it gets even more complicated and it prevents me to praise the event to shoutcasters and advertizing platforms like w3arena (i definetly won't talk about it if 3 days before the final i don't even know who is the 4th finalist and if the date will be rescheduled or not).

Let me present you the map :Russia: Alkash decided to choose as TOP 1 :

the map is Trifecta, it's originally a 9 players map with 3 "islands" connected by 3 roads, with a lot of goldmines (though only 8k-10k max in each of them) and a lot of creeps. It seems frightning but 2 games got played on it and it lasted less than 2 hours each time, the duration will depend of the players, since its a final i expect it to last a bit longer.
I asked Normalice if he can add a special merc shop in the middle of the map with these mercs :

Polar Furbolg Ursa Warrior - 1000g, 300l, 600s cooldown, starts at 830s 8 food
Skeletal Orc Champion - 700g, 200L, 500s cooldown, starts at 500s 7 food
Ogre Lord - 700g, 250L, 500s cooldown, starts at 500s 7 food
Deeplord Revenant - 1000g, 300L, 600s cooldown, starts at 830s 8 food

and if he can remove the creeps and dragons roosts on the islands. The map might still have minor changes about merc costs and their apparitions etc, but nothing very important. I'll post the official link of the map later, in the meantime you can host the map with the bot or ask me the current link of the map if you want to play it/try it.
Special thanks to Normalice.

Presentations of the players

:Russia: :hu: AJIKAIII, the Robot

Alkash came back few days before the beginning of sympo and started massing the games. From day one he said he wanted to win the league! Playing all these games he improved his skills and learned how to abuse the human race even better : tower rushes, gryph-gyro and summons pushes, mass towers-hoarding, alkash mastered these lame tactics to make it to the top. He may be seen as an outsider compared to the 3 others finalists but all would agree he became a solid ffa player, able to pull out strong performances.

:Peru: :hu: Cumulo, the Gold hacker

Cumulo, the last fml champion had to live a rough start at the beginning of the league, 0 points for a week and a half !
Players learned to counter his style ? That's possible but he managed to adapt his strategies and get easily more than 100 points in the end. The peruvian player defeated yaws 2 times in fair 1n1s the last times they met. But his micro isn't his only strengh, his gold management is also frightning, he knows how to play with upkeeps and his economy is often in a great shape.

:Switzerland: :hu: Noexxx, the Rambo

Noexxx wasn't very active during sympo league compared to the other finalists, he still had a very good winrate and managed to get 30 points in about 3 days. At the end of the league he reached 65 points, a score which allowed him to play and win the semis and replace zTsoso in finals. Noe's style is very agressive, he often ends up being teamed but his micro and his creativity are good enough to handle this kind of situations. That makes of him a redoubtable opponent to face.

:Kazakhstan: :ud: DV, the 3-way maker

Old FFA player, successful solo player, DV is one of the few players who manner-mained Grubby in wc3. He had no real troubles during the league, he even complained about getting too much freewins.
Reaching 80 points during the first weeks he was already bored and started playing weird strategies including solo firelord and other things.
Sometimes using hard manip, some other times playing without it, DV is a hardly predicable player.

The winner of this event will go to the Side Events. Hall of Fame. Good luck to all the finalists !
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:25:12 pm by Ponty »

DV-

Re: Sympo Finals Official
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 09:52:41 pm »
I just checked the map, I dont want to play it. Replace me with anyone, I dont care.

There's nothing keeping me anymore.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
Re: Sympo Finals Official
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 10:13:53 pm »
LOL DV! U GOT ME!

My matrix meme of the three humans waiting for the 4th finalist got ruined because of soso's betrayal :( :icon_sad: :icon_cry: :icon_frown:

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo