May 06, 2024, 03:06:22 pm

Author Topic: Bringing FFA to China - Must read  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Bringing FFA to China - Must read
« on: October 14, 2016, 03:01:32 am »
Hey guys,

I have been in discussion with Netease Headadmin to suggest the introduction of a competitive FFA ladder. So far FFA can only be played as a CG.

They seem genuinely interested. They asked me about datas about the competitions, the community and the history of the game.

My plan is :

1- present them with a motivating presentation of FFA.
->For the datas, I will use playffa/ffarena database. But datas are not only numbers.

-> COULD YOU HELP ME? I know some have great writing skills here, just explain why you love the game and maybe the history of the league and/or the game.

-> If I can convince them, I will help them to teach how to monitor it (preteam, Matchmaking etc...). Before launching, I will publish on replays.net a big article about FFA. They would start a season.

What's in it for us?

1- FFA gets a new generation of players on the best wc3 gaming platform
2- Netease spnsors many 1v1 and 2v2 events. We could have them sponsor some FFA Cup regularly?
For connecting to Netease, Ena would help you guys. Life is good and FFA is playable with 200 ms anyway

What do you guys think? Please help me contribute :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:08:44 am by Ugrilainen »

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
Re: Bringing FFA to China
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 03:07:56 am »
I'd be more than glad to help Ugri, I'll start using more discord now, but yeah count me in. I'll try to finish the video for this saturday afternoon, I still need to do a kickass intro and ofc the credits at the end. But yeah, anything else you may need, just let us know, the whole purpose of this community should be to expand beyond the western hemisphere and grabbing some of the Asian players would certainly bring some diversity to the league.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline letshavesomefun

Re: Bringing FFA to China - Must read
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 02:19:16 pm »
good job as always ugri <3

but iam afraid ffa is the one gametype chat actually mathers. and from my experiences the chinese players hardly speak/understand any english =(

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
  • Race: Human
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 04:44:51 pm »
Today on Back2Warcraft Twitch, Neo and Yaws talked about that there is a Europe Bot in discussion for Netease. Would that mean that if you get into a game with 2 europeans at Netease you play on a europe bot? If you play with an asian who gets the favour?

I agree that Netease seems to be the shit right now and w3arena although ambitioned would suffer hard from a europe bot on netease.

I just can't imagine how this would work. For the FFA part it's a good idea why not.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 12:03:19 am »
Today on Back2Warcraft Twitch, Neo and Yaws talked about that there is a Europe Bot in discussion for Netease. Would that mean that if you get into a game with 2 europeans at Netease you play on a europe bot? If you play with an asian who gets the favour?

I agree that Netease seems to be the shit right now and w3arena although ambitioned would suffer hard from a europe bot on netease.

I just can't imagine how this would work. For the FFA part it's a good idea why not.

They want to extend to Europe obviously, GCS international qualifiers was about that. I do not know their exact plans, I try to not multiply the subject I raise to them to not mess everything up.

I plan to ask to meet with them at some point to discuss Europe extension if that is technically possible. But first thing first!