March 28, 2024, 06:41:07 pm

Author Topic: General Balance Change Ideas  (Read 5034 times)

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DONALD-TRUMP
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: General Balance Change Ideas
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 06:14:52 am »
I think orc needs a spell immune unit.  Like HH let's make them spell and magic immune!!   :) ;) :) B=========D

Offline betoon

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 06:31:49 am »
Making tanks give more xp sounds good. 4 food tanks would imo be too much. This means having less other units as well. E.g. 6 tanks would be 18 food => 24 food. That means 1 less priest and a gryphon.

Everything else would rather not change.

And of course magic immune and resistant skin wyvrens

Offline Ponty

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • 2nd Account
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ponty
  • Coins: 59
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 06:47:51 am »
Undead is the only race to have only 1 siege unit

It's hard for them to defend vs tanks

What about making an upgrade for ghouls to give them siege damage at t3 ?

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 09:01:22 am »
Undead is the only race to have only 1 siege unit

It's hard for them to defend vs tanks

What about making an upgrade for ghouls to give them siege damage at t3 ?

Thats why I think leave tanks alone but make it so frost breath and corrosive breath can hit them is the answer.  Orc doesn't struggle with tanks it's elf and undead that do.

This would also be good for solo as well I think.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 12:41:16 pm »
Yall wild lmao

Jaod out here trying to make UD into a godly race

If gargs are the best UD unit, they SHOULD be expensive. But if you watch yane you can see how UD shld be played - more variety of units

The tank nerf would benefit UD most of all, so with just the tank nerf we solve almost all balance issues.

If you nerf BM crit to only base damage i would prob never use him except on tiny maps

If we are seriously discussing ideas to send to blizzard the tank one should be the priority, which everyone agrees on

Jao4

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 02:19:01 pm »
Yall wild lmao

Jaod out here trying to make UD into a godly race

If gargs are the best UD unit, they SHOULD be expensive. But if you watch yane you can see how UD shld be played - more variety of units

The tank nerf would benefit UD most of all, so with just the tank nerf we solve almost all balance issues.

If you nerf BM crit to only base damage i would prob never use him except on tiny maps

If we are seriously discussing ideas to send to blizzard the tank one should be the priority, which everyone agrees on

I just indicated famous UD weakness.... and teoretically try changed this

All races playing FFA games with mages but UD do it too rarely cuz that good work only vs Hu army ( and even not always )..... good mages by UD can changed all UD combinations of army....

yes - you can said - maga always do one necro ) - but for real that is not so great as you think

Gargs famous UD unit but that unit - sometimes feels like made papper unut ( OFC like UD buildings ) - mb this is reason why you dont goes with that unit, when you get UD race as RDM player ?( i mean you cant good work with this )

Yall wild lmao when you play with UD race :D

Don't think you can talk there correct about UD race - lets talk better about orcs : )

and i long time try load Yane games - but actually i find only one his game on youtobe - game on twilight on ladder bot with smth NE with DR Panda Kotg and smth UD with necrowagons.... he played this game like me or like anyone another UD with gargs 80 and 100 pops

MB you have smth ?  of Yane games
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:24:45 pm by Jao4 »

Offline ObserveAndLearn

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: jOeybadaSs_
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 07:42:02 am »
I know it's too far fetched but a different state of balance based on the game type (1v1,2v2,ffa) you select would be the best option since you can't balance the game for every mode.

Still though there are some universal changes that will make the game better :

- tanks should give more exp.
- acolytes should have a spell dmg reducing passive while they are in the mine (similar like archers' elune's grace) so you can't harass them so easily.
- war stomp level 3 should have reduced stunt duration and bigger damage to compensate. You can't have a 5 sec stunt with 6 sec cooldown that's aoe.
- Slept heroes should not gain experience while the spell is in effect.
- Scroll of speed 75 gold or 100. 50 is too cheap.

Nothing too much imho, game is pretty balanced as it is.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:45:16 am by ObserveAndLearn »

Offline b100death

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 10:50:31 am »
stop abuse uprooting aow noobs !

Offline betoon

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 05:45:50 am »
Is there any chance that w3arena will work even if they make new patch :)?

Offline deluded

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 07:35:21 am »
hackz have been "fixed" for new patches so it should be possible to patch w3arena as well. also, if i am not mistaken, netease uses newer version of wc3 than w3arena.

that said, i think it would be wise to make w3arena and netease semi-obsolete, by fixing matchmaking and banning hackers, before introducing balance changes.

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 08:16:19 am »
hackz have been "fixed" for new patches so it should be possible to patch w3arena as well. also, if i am not mistaken, netease uses newer version of wc3 than w3arena.

that said, i think it would be wise to make w3arena and netease semi-obsolete, by fixing matchmaking and banning hackers, before introducing balance changes.

Netease is on the same patch I believe as wc3.  W3arena is like 4 patches behind but what do you expect when their program is so shit that all new members got instantly banned for like a month there.  I think they fixed that issue but I don't know.

And lag is non existent.  The only problem is with b.net is the search times.   But I still can 4s and FFA that's all I care abiut.   Only means complain about the hackers, cause honestly the hackers suck ass.   I'm a newb and beat hackers regularily.  Most people just lose to a superior player and call them a hacker.