May 17, 2024, 03:43:58 pm

Author Topic: Garena or B.net  (Read 7286 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Garena or B.net
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:24:37 pm »
Now, I know we've been using Garena as the official FFA meeting place. However, recently it has come to my attention that B.net is now a viable place to play games. Using hosting bots, you can have the same ping that Garena has and have it accessible to all servers.

Garena on the other hand... really blows. Their are a lot of bugs in the program which make it annoying to use and rather complicated to new users. In all honesty, the only real benefit for using Garena anymore is the "hack protection" which it claims to offer, but I'm not entirely sure if that has been updated at all.

Also, on b.net we can use Clans and the /time feature. XD

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: Garena or B.net
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:54:13 pm »
but... if we go on bnet ill change from being a super admin with lvl 23 icon to a noob peon :(((((((

But yeah, its fine with me, but do you know how to get those bots?  I mean it has to be simple so we can have it for every match!

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 03:16:28 am »
hmmm im a bit torn here. having it on bnet would allow newer people to get involved, especially if there was an FML clan, and we had our own bot hosting games throughout the day.

the downside to this that i see, though, is that there would be no central meeting place. what server do you have the clan based in? where could people meet to get a spontaneous game going (what server)?

thats the good thing about garena now is that people meet in masters league room and at random times throughout the day you can PM people who are afk to get a game going. theres no PM on bnet (and we know how people can be afk all the time as it is), also new players that join our games on different servers wouldnt know which server to find our channel on (unless we automated a message in the hosted games saying which one).

so i think bnet would be good for getting the FML clan/name out there to more people, but would be worse as a unified meeting place. so in conclusion i think we should make a clan on azeroth and set up a bot and whatnot, but still have garena be the main tournament place and meeting place in general

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 06:03:47 am »
I'm not that sure , that a host bot in bnet offers the same(or a better) delay like on Garena.
Though i'd also like to have a clan fml on either Azeroth or Northrend.
Creating a clan in bnet shouldnt be that hard because in prime time there are 15 + players in Garena.

btw does anyone know what happened to the fml clan @northrend?

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:24:35 am »
Actually red has a good point, i usually keep garena open on one screen and glance at it from time to time, while working on other stuff, wouldn't be able to do that on bnet

Unless i get a bot and only join when i see ppl are searching for one more

Offline Rain

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DkH.Rain
  • Race: Random
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 11:57:27 am »
The hostbots on bnet are really good, but you will never get the same feeling with them as playing on a really good host on GGC.

Ggc is a better place to play at anyway - less randoms, less dickheads, no annoying smurfs and less likely to meet hackers.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 01:29:49 pm »
To be honest, the PM system in Garena doesn't even work half the time anyway. Also, to Renaud, you can open WC3 in windowed mode so that you can still do that same thing.

I do agree with Rain though. I played on Seksi's hostbot yesterday and while the ping and delay were great, it was spiking every once in awhile (not hard spikes, but noticable). I still think GGC offers better ping and with the tunnel/spike reduction tools, it definitely is better in that regard.

@Pinball: We had an FML clan on Northrend? haha

Lastly, I'd still like to get a clan going on b.net for FML. If people can jump into channel FML on Azeroth at around 9pm EST today, we can get one started up. :D If anything, it can serve as a meeting place for FFA players and help us advertise the FFA gametype to people who aren't familiar with us. We can also test hostbots and see if we can get a really good one going.

Offline hydro

• Shaman
  • Never give me your phone number!
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: UnholydreadlorD
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 02:11:47 pm »
From my understanding,  host bots can cross realm and LC.

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 03:41:52 pm »
To be honest, the PM system in Garena doesn't even work half the time anyway. Also, to Renaud, you can open WC3 in windowed mode so that you can still do that same thing.

I do agree with Rain though. I played on Seksi's hostbot yesterday and while the ping and delay were great, it was spiking every once in awhile (not hard spikes, but noticable). I still think GGC offers better ping and with the tunnel/spike reduction tools, it definitely is better in that regard.

@Pinball: We had an FML clan on Northrend? haha

Lastly, I'd still like to get a clan going on b.net for FML. If people can jump into channel FML on Azeroth at around 9pm EST today, we can get one started up. :D If anything, it can serve as a meeting place for FFA players and help us advertise the FFA gametype to people who aren't familiar with us. We can also test hostbots and see if we can get a really good one going.

yeah id also like to have a new clan fml on azeroth,maybe we could meet in  the channel "fml" so we can create one. i'd propose we all meet there on weekend most likely saturday or sunday. Would be really cool if it will work.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 05:19:23 pm »

On garena Seksi's host is unplayable for me (spike every 4-5 seconds) but it was great on his bot

And you can play w3 in windowed mode? O_O how badly does it affect your performance?

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 07:04:55 pm »

On garena Seksi's host is unplayable for me (spike every 4-5 seconds) but it was great on his bot

And you can play w3 in windowed mode? O_O how badly does it affect your performance?

If you're running one monitor you don't even notice a difference. However, if you're on dual monitor the mouse will fly off the screen. lol I don't recommend actually playing in Windowed mode for that case. I have a shortcut for both fullscreen and window mode wc3.

Pretty easy to do though, just create a new shortcut, go to properties and change the target to have a -window at the end.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 10:29:35 pm »
Only Red showed up for the FML clan creation day. This is indeed a sad day. :(

rsm

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 10:47:13 pm »
b.net hostbot is always better, you can join from any server(even ggc), the ping is the same, and it automatically saves the game if somebody drops( You can rehost the second before they dropped) Anybody who doesn't want to use a hostbot is a retard(aka all orc,elf players.)

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 11:30:49 pm »
it automatically saves the game if somebody drops

REALLY?  If this is true we HAVE to use it.  Where do we get that bot?

edit: and about clan fml, i think we should wait for a day with an actual match to create it, since there should be a bunch of ppl idling, waiting for the game!

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 06:26:59 am »
sounds awesome! Tell us more Duck.