May 17, 2024, 03:29:04 pm

Poll

What race do you play and what life changing event persuaded you to choose that race?

I was forced at gun point!!
2 (14.3%)
All the cool kids were doing it!
1 (7.1%)
I was 13 and the dryad/sorceress gave me funny feelings
1 (7.1%)
I was 13 and the blademaster's muscles gave me funny feelings
1 (7.1%)
I was the weird kid who liked bugs, so I picked Undead!!
3 (21.4%)
Other boring reason I will list below
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Get to know the community Week IV!  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: Get to know the community Week IV!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 01:13:46 pm »
(I always played FFA)
I was Random and decided to pick a race when I switched to TFT (I stayed in RoC way to long)
I picked UD because
1-The campaign ended with them
2-Mass garg was the single most imba thing in roc ffa (no orbs on hero, no bats, no air attack on tanks, no panda, etc)

I switched to HU after a while, because everyone was saying they had to tower in order to win, wanted to see if I could win with (almost) no towers

I switched to NE after a while, because no one in FML played it, and it was sad :(

I switched to HU recently, because I wanted to play a race that could actually win games

DFM wins games,

whats your excuse

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 01:59:31 pm »
(I always played FFA)
I was Random and decided to pick a race when I switched to TFT (I stayed in RoC way to long)
I picked UD because
2-Mass garg was the single most imba thing in roc ffa (no orbs on hero, no bats, no air attack on tanks, no panda, etc)

I switched to HU after a while, because everyone was saying they had to tower in order to win, wanted to see if I could win with (almost) no towers

I switched to NE after a while, because no one in FML played it, and it was sad :(

I switched to HU recently, because I wanted to play a race that could actually win games

DFM wins games,

whats your excuse

I also won games with elf, but not because of the race, because of the imba skills
Now I want to play a race that can win by itself

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 02:10:34 pm »
(I always played FFA)
I picked UD because

DFM wins games,

whats your excuse

I also won games with elf, but not because of the race, because of the imba skills
Now I want to play a race that can win by itself

huimba

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 02:50:42 pm »
(I always played FFA)
I picked UD because

DFM wins games,

whats your excuse

Renaud won season 12 as elf. >.>

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »
(I always played FFA)
I picked UD because

DFM wins games,

whats your excuse

Yes I know, I was alluding to the fact that he stopped winning once he switched to human.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 02:57:49 pm »
(I always played FFA)
I picked UD because

DFM wins games,

whats your excuse

Yes I know, I was alluding to the fact that he stopped winning once he switched to human.

Oh! good point. I'm clearly just slow.

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 04:09:41 pm »
I started with undead in battle.net ,in around 2003, because i thought mass wyrms is unbeatable :D Then after switching to elf, i got humiliated by an orc so  i decided to switch to the stinky greenskins.

undead was retarded strong in RoC.  DK LICH DL garg/wyrm was unbeatable.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 05:47:01 pm »
I won season 12 for two reasons:
-There were no orcs in the semi finals
-There were no orcs in the finals

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 08:16:19 pm »
I picked elf for the boring reason that they had the unit called the huntress. And the huntress has glaive attacks which bounce to multiple targets. Also, huntresses are a tier 1 unit, so I never had to learn how to tech. Finally, the huntress could be massed at tier one vs every single race. Therefore, I picked elf.

Of course this was before I played FFA and had to learn to build other units (namely, chims and hippos).

Offline normalice

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: normalice
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 04:12:58 pm »
i like casters, and undead casters are the most 'damaging,' so that's what I went with.

used to be humans, but then they made spirit walkers immune to polymorph..

although in 4v4 teams dotts can be fun because a lot of people go air, but so too can witch doctors, because no one really seems to pay attention to stasis traps, and everyone only seems to use shaman for bloodlust, so people freak out when you put lighting shield on their whole army right before they tp away..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 04:21:43 pm by normalice »

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 04:31:22 pm »
I picked elf for the boring reason that they had the unit called the huntress. And the huntress has glaive attacks which bounce to multiple targets. Also, huntresses are a tier 1 unit, so I never had to learn how to tech. Finally, the huntress could be massed at tier one vs every single race. Therefore, I picked elf.

Of course this was before I played FFA and had to learn to build other units (namely, chims and hippos).

haha :)   

my first game on bnet was a towerdefense i accidently join... guess what happened.
first 4 games i remember where:

1. ud: when i thought necropolis would earn me the gold on mines
2. ud: my first win with dl as first hero and infernal. my opponent begged to give him the win, lmao
3. elf: i used hidden protectors to attack his base early ( those had siege attack in the begin)
4. human: "abused" fast build altar and rax to overhelm those guys, who would not have units the first 5 mins  :icon_biggrin:

undead heroes, especially the dl had the funniest comments. also i liked necros in roc rtīs. But basically i switched between races pretty early and played mostly random almost right from the start.

Offline Cheerio

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Undelicious
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 08:26:27 pm »
started NE, because archers + dotts were op!

then i went to UD because i am weird and like bugs.

Offline ReFlekKt

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 02:54:56 am »
Saw wc2 at a friend's house when I was little and thought it and Orcs were the coolest thing ever. Played a lot of random since I thought it would make me a better player but it was never as much fun as just playing Orc. For the horde!

Offline Spaten

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Spaten_hTk
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2013, 04:17:29 pm »
I play hum because it is fun and has the most interesting match ups in the game imo. I picked up orc as second race so I could torture those fucking gay elves with bat riders, wyvern and fortified towers.

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
  • Race: Human
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2013, 04:28:13 pm »
First contact with wc3 were tower defenses and dota on a lan party. I started in bnet with patch 1.17 playing orc until 1.24 i think. Human was always too difficult for me and required much micro so i didnt like it earlier until i was losing everytime in the orc vs hu matchup with orc so i decided to learn human. My first fml game was on goldrush if i remember well against johny.boy, rabbit and walking which was an epic one with much drama.