May 02, 2024, 11:57:12 am

Author Topic: FML Season 31 | Round 1  (Read 3352 times)

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
FML Season 31 | Round 1
« on: March 08, 2020, 11:27:16 am »

Amazing to see that we have 46 signed up players for season 31. New school, old school and everything in between. The scheduling threads are ready for your availability posts. As usual, you have 48 hours until you lose your scheduling rights. Please state more than just one or two available days/times.

Scores and Schedule Spreadsheet

Some Remarks
  • As usual, the FML Rule Book applies. Some paragraphs were adjusted to suit Reforged
  • Islands are allowed in Season 31, but no island may have more than one building on it
  • As the server assignment in Reforged is still bugged, I randomly assigned the round 1 matches between players from "close" regions. Maybe we see a decent patch until round 2, kappa :icon_lol:
  • We hope that all players are able to play with classic graphics to reduce the risk of desync. For the same reason, we restrict observing to streamers, casters and admins
  • Due to the uneven number of signups, one semi-final slot was transferred from the Standard to the No Chat Bracket
  • Every player votes for one map from the map pool in his scheduling thread. The map with most votes will be played. If there is a tie (within 48h of scheduling thread creation), I flip a coin.
It's a tradition that people post predictions into the announcement thread for each round and I hope to see many in here.

M1 Standard

:USA: :hu: TaKLeFu
:Peru: :hu: ZsSuperCumulo
:USA: :ra: Eshan
:USA: :ra: IWANTWC4

Map Pool: Twilight Ruins non-LV, Silverpine Forest, Greenville Woods

M2 Standard

:Germany: :ra: Shave
:Germany: :orc: ena1337
:Sweden: :orc: fetta_ook
:Portugal: :ra: F10EX

Map Pool: Market Square, Monsoon non-LV, Anarchy Castle

M3 Standard

:Germany: :ra: WeAkUD
:Finland: :ne: Leluaami
:Russia: :ra: Jaod
:Sweden: :ra: junkerzam

Map Pool: Dragon Island, Deadlock LV, Phantom Grove FML

M4 No Chat

:USA: :ud: Vyvanne
:USA: :ne: Dovekie
:Canada: :hu: htrt
:USA: :ra: SteppinRazor

M5 No Chat

:Finland: :ra: aarnikratti
:Russia: :ud: qwest
:Poland: :ne: Gradient
:Austria: :hu: rulaZ

M6 No Chat

:Argentina: :ne: supremo
:Russia: :ra: Neytpoh
:USA: :orc: ashalar
:USA: :ra: Seksi

M7 No Chat

:France: :ra: SyDe
:Czech_Republic: :hu: Lil Tic
:Bulgaria: :ra: rbr.Godfather
:Germany: :hu: QQs

Map Pool: Imaginary Friends, Neon City, Emerald Shores FML

M8 No Chat

:Russia: :orc: b100death
:France: :ra: Toxi
:Germany: :orc: Life
:Russia: :orc: Airenikus

Map Pool: Deathrose, Neon City, La Rosa Nautica

M9 No Chat

:Russia: :ra: Dinamo-
:Germany: :ra: trunkz
:Switzerland: :ra: noexxx
:Sweden: :ud: DowaQ feat. Endars

Map Pool: Sanctuary LV, Silverpine Forest, Twisted Grove

M10 Rookie Bracket

:Russia: :hu: only_luck
:Serbia: :ra: Voxius
:Canada: :hu: LDX
:USA: :ne: FML|Mage

M11 Rookie

:Canada: :ud: Walking.TrL
:Germany: :ra: xsavion
:USA: :hu: floss2xdaily
:Ireland: :ne: shaymin

M12 Rookie

:Croatia: :ud: Ember
:Spain: :ra: Magovago
:France: :ne: ilares
:World: tbd

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:54:52 am by FML|HighTac »

Offline noexxx

• FML Contributor
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
  • Coins: 55
  • Race: Random
Re: FML Season 31 | Round 1
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 12:58:16 pm »
M1 Standard

10th episode of Eshan, Cumulo and Trump, Trump has always been jealous of people smarter than him (i.e. Eshan) so I guess he will suicide Eshan once again and Cumulo the lord of human will take a win beating his new american friend. I still am not sure what's the relation between the US and Peru nowadays, but if America wants to keep their power, they must ally against Peru.
The winner will be CUMULO 70% or Eshan 30% chance.

M2 Standard

F10EX the most irascible player wc3 has ever had after Goodbeast (may he rest in peace playing chess), I remember that guy accusing Lightweight and Pinballmap of preteaming on deadlock, since they are two germans in the game, which are the best friends in wc3 scene, I guess some preteam accusations will happen once again.
Ena, the Lord of Fame and CHAOS in wc3 with his impressive micro, somehow this guy always manages to run with 50 hp heroes and save them all the time during every fight which is impressive.
Shave, the lord of CREEPS and TOME who is also an orc and abuses hero focus in everygame. Why does he hero focus ? Because he was terorized by Maga and once realised that you can click on heroes and this game is suddenly easier.
Fetta, the GOD of ORCS will battle with 2 Semi GODs of orc race. Fetta is a highly intelligent and rat player so you always have to be careful about him, he can win anytime
This game will be an epic battle between Fetta and F10Ex, I except some sort of elessar ineversmile sort of battle, and another battle between Ena and Shave with lots of flaming.
Ena 50% shave 20% F10Ex 1% and fetta 29% chances to win

M3 Standard

WeakUd is an experienced and good player overall with a head the size of a hot air balloon, junkerzam is really strong with all races and always able to win a game, with very good overall micro and macro. Jaod is a dedicated player who loves the undead race and is very friendly, if he wants to win this game, he has to act like a killer, I've never seen lelulami play but if he plays the opposite of Arni he could win.
Either Junker or Tox will win that game I think.
I predict Tox as winner, i.e. WEAKUD.

M4 No Chat

Very good game with 4 strong players, Vyvanne is superstrong as ud vs hum when he plays that necrowagon thingy, Dovekie is another player with the head of a hot air balloon which knows better than everyone else. Nevertheless, he is a really good random player (like WEakud) and has impressive tactic as elf with tinker panda kotg to destroy humans. HTRT is the god of humans, after Lightweight ofc. This guy wrote the most impressive ffa guide and taught to almost all humans how to play human with different playstyle and fun tactics. If you want to learn human, just watch him play. Steppinrazor is orc or ud I guess, he once tomed Yane and me on market square and won with 20k gold advantage.
Looking forward to that game because 4 experienced player in it, I hope this game will be played on silverpine. I'll go with HTRT as a winner.

M5 No Chat

Arnikratti, how long will he hold in this game? will he be able to go past the 20 min mark ? Knowing that guy, he always loves to do the dog with some players, he will try to lick gradient in this game in order to make gradient win. This guy leaves to piss people off in the community (who ? Gradient or Arni ? I'll let you answer).
Qwest the master of hoarders, and a very good undead player, he will have to defend sever assaults from arnikratti feeding him hero levels until aarni ragequits handing the freewin to gradient who will tome the 4th player.
Gradient, one of the most famous elf on grubby stream, he destroyed grubby several times in ffa while trolling him. Gradient will win this game if he dosent get rushed early, which he won't cause gradi will make sure to rush qwest. I have no idea who the last player is but I think Gradient will have a freewin thanks to his buddy arnikratti.

M6 No Chat

Supremo, no comment, he will always play the same, 1 unit of each, and ROC heroes, I dont think this guy understood that you can pick new heroes in TFT, he only understood that you can build new units to feed your enemy better. He will play until his last building and die as always keeping his 3% winrate in fml, he once beat Lightweight and me on silverpine forest and I never saw him win since.
Neytpoh is a new ffa player coming from solo with very good micro and very fast understanding of ffa. He has impressive micro with all races and has high chances to win here.
Ashalar, the only time I played him he played raiders in zeplin and weird orc armies which dont work well imo. Maybe he changed since, but his playstyle is interesting to watch as I recall.
Seksi, another guy who wrote an impressive ffa guide and has one of the best knowledge of ffa ever, he was the rival of Lightweight and Persuade. He can teach anyone how to play ffa and always has good advice with an agressive playstyle.
The first guy who tomes supremo will win this game so it depends on position. Either Neytpoh or Sexy wins but ill go with Seksi.

M7 No Chat

Syde a very good solo undead player from france, since it's a no chat game, LilTic will have a lot of difficulties fighting syde because of the broken new dreadlord, human can't do anything vs that guy. If godfather plays undead, he might have a chance, but orc sucks too much vs hu or ud so he shouldn't pick that garbage race.
I think Syde will win here because liltic will never have the hero levels to fight undead, unless heavy teaming.

M8 No Chat

B100death is the most innovative orcs for creeproutes, sometimes he dosen't try hard enough because he has too much honor, I think he should do rate moves sometimes and he will win many more games. I don't really know Toxi, I think he plays elf and if an elf goes mass chims hippo with 3 heroes they can always win a game.
Lol why did life went orc ? I remember this guy as a really good elf from germany playing dr panda keeper. If he plays that combo he can be very scarry.
Airenikus is another good player and a greedy hoarder, if he dosen't get catch hoarding he can do something.
I'll go with B100death as a winner here, I WANT HIM TO TRYHARD.

M9 No Chat

GOODLUCK GO POST YOUR SCHEDULE TRUNKS

M10 Rookie Bracket

MAGE <3, ok Mage is the guy that made me love ffa first, why is he in rookie bracket ? I remember him as an oldschool pro player, that's what Arnikratti told me at least.
Voxius is maybe a cousin of Kent who loves vodka, he still needs to get some advices from Kent to get better. LDX and only luck are two humans SO GO BROTHAAARS.
I'll try my luck and go with only luck as a winner here.

M11 Rookie

WalkingDead vs Sauron vs ChuckNorris vs POKEMON, this is gonna be a great battle.
Shaymin can win here because he is legendary. BUT ChuckNorris.

M12 Rookie

Fire against Avogadro against a french version of hilarious. This battle between two coronavirus pro players and a Croatian will be interesting. The french will try to steal the Spanish girl from the Spaniard and the Spaniard willl say jajajajajajjajajajajaj while he croatian will let them die of coronavirus infection.

Offline rbr.Godfather

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 01:28:58 pm »
M1 Standard

I hope for toxic game and much flame. Of course highest skill here is the super lama , but we must not understimate the two rats in this game. One is the RAT KING in face of Eshan and the other is his follower Donald-Trump aka IWANTWC3 aka karfal aka backstab as soon as possible.If they team cumulo i expect really hard game , but in the end super lama tanks will solve the game.

M2 Standard

I will go with my close friend Shave despite the fact he is really bad at this game.
Probably ena will win , but i will support Philip no matter what.
Fetta can always change the game whenever he wants with random suicide so we never know.Never heard of the other guy , sry .

M3 Standard

The champ won't have any problems here since there are 2 tomes in this game and one guy who goes afk from time to time. No suprise at this game and easy win for the swede.

M4 No Chat

FULL WESTERN GAME BABY. Im looking for this game and I think it's the most excited game in round 1. High skilled FFA players with good sense of play. I will go will Vyv since he has the asian blood in him. I hope a lot of flame from htrt like he did in Netease ladder and was banned because of that <3

M5 No Chat

No doubt Corona virus can't stop aaarni from anything and he will have the easiest game of his life. Like we know qwest is big Tome of experience and Gradient is high skilled solo player. Rulaz can be the hard opo here , but the finnish huskey will prevail. I hope he gets elf and uses mass dispell manually with dryads like he do all the time.

M6 No Chat

Seksi is no doubt the best FFA player in this game. I may have flamed him before , but just because he is better than me. Like we know neutron is pro-solo player despite the fact he couldn't make it to top 8 in Anaheim (haha noob) so maybe he forgot how to play FFA. He carried alone in TBR so maybe he has chances against Seksi. Supremo and the other guy are just big tomes.

M7 No Chat

Me and LilTic will suicide Syde for sure. We are chatting for preteam already so be prepared. Syde stole all my ideas for DL in solo games and now this strat is famous for Syde's strat not Godfather's strat. I played necros 1st and now they call him the necro king. Time to revenge this copycat guy and just team him to death and hoping for him to surrender like normal french guy.

M8 No Chat

We have 2 pro poker players here. One wanna be pro solo-elf guy and Life.
I will go will my fellow Airenikus , but in no chat anything can happen so hard to predict. The auto-attack elf will play like rambo and probably make everyone rage , but lets not count the good decisions from b100 as well. Still will be fun game.

M9 No Chat

The Swiss king is back ladies and gentleman. Dowaq is good at solo but i doubt he has any idea of FFA. We all know what trunkz do so there won't be no suprises at all. I hope dinamo shows and just random base kill someone. GOGO NOEX!

M10 Rookie Bracket

HVALA BRATE! Voxius has been playing a lot lately and i think he improved a lot in the past months. Only_luck has some experience in FFA but only in these rigged russian leagues. Unfortunately im not familiar with FML|Mage but his nickname looks promising so maybe he is good. I will go with my serb brother.

M11 Rookie

No idea

M12 Rookie

Ember ako to pročitaš, to znači da si jebena seksi zvijer.Ember no doubt is the best player here. He streamed so many games so I think he just has the skill from that.
I promised him I will teach him in FFA , but the only think i can teach him is how to flame and suicide. Anyway I wish him luck in his 1st game here.

This is Eshan - the guy who dies every 15min.

Offline Ember

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ember#21963
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 01:51:52 pm »

These predictions were my fav thing back in the day, always read them while commuting, hyped to give em a go. heard this one will be hot and spicy,  i think cumulo will get sick of the americans stealing his resources so will win in the end. won't be easy with eshan and donald trump playing from his trump towers tho.

My good friends shave and ena will be big dick stomped into the ground by fetta. expecting at least 2 suicides this match.

Poor tox in the middle of all the nordics and russians and poor leluaami in the middle of all the random players, i predict junkerzam taking it and justifying my predictions as actually made with a brain

NA extravaganza, and the canadian seems to be the favourite. FeelsWeirdMan

Gradient takes this as the smartest player in the game, even smarter than the obs with full vision but the other nice gentlemen, especially strong qwest won't let him off easy. should be a true fest of ffa skill and brain from all the people involved.

Neytpoh clearly the strongest USA player here, supremo is dangerous but i see neytpoh taking it after a glorious long 1v1 with Seksi.

Godfather ти секси звяр, можеш да го направиш, подкупи сиди с парите си от кръвта и ще получиш 2 ez win <3 best match of the week for me, imba syde and imba godfather with the winner of a recent season iirc, i still think tbd takes it, he's been strong in the practice games and has clearly the superior country. this one is a must watch.

Toxi is a roc legend, time to use his brainpower to take some ffas home. still he has some tough orcs to overcome so we shall see if he has brushed up his matchup vs orc. I expect him to gloriously fall in the final 1v1 vs airenikus, with there being a base race involved.

Dinamo has the name of the best club in croatia,which doesn't say a lot since they're pretty shit in Europe.they have had the best season ever this season, so maybe dinamo the player can also surprise. otherwise this is a proper big dick match. i've always mixed up noexxx and trunkz as they were both very strong players on the up in my eyes. predicting them taking each other out and dowaq cleaning up, after a spicy fight with dinamo.

Mage sneaking into rookie bracket stealing my playoff spot, feelsbad. jk ofc im shit. do expect him taking it, but not after having close calls vs lucky only_luck, inhouse machine voxius and 4v4 bot legend LDX.

Multicultural and multi race game this one, i see floss as the great admin unifying the winds of division with his 100supply invis mortars and taking this one home for the homeland

GGGL let's schedule soon xx

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ena1337
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 03:52:26 pm »

M2 Standard

i will get preteamed by two retards
hopefully f10ex is smart enough to capitalize from my 1v2 suicide

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 07:21:41 pm »
Here are my objective admin predictions

M1 Standard

A celebration of the chat mode to start with. Let's see if Donald is going to keep his hands off the forbidden penalty point pot this time. Eshan and Cumulo, being dark witches, will likely pose next to the pot to lure their victim into perdition. Alternatively, they may crush each others gingerbread house. Let's see if TaKLeFu takes a bite of a house or a sip of the brew!

M2 Standard

I hope to see a triple orc game here, on a map with enough space for all their egos. F10EX could become the Magellan to navigate between them, but rumors indicate that he may join the gorilla clash. 

M3 Standard

Junker climbed the throne of Season 30, as Jon Snow was supposed to. Glad we haven't closed the book after eight seasons. Resurrecting from the dead, ToX is acting as Khal Drogo (you know it makes sense), Jaod as Tormund (not interested in 3-ways) and Lelu as Tommen Baratheon (similar age and the throne comes too early).

M4 No Chat

I guess htrt is already grinding his hockey stick to go up against the beach boys. It's the 2000s model though. Might be more effective to coil (pun intended) with the ones that Vyvanne and Steppin crafted more recently.

M5 No Chat

This match can be anywhere between very painful and super fun. At least it's no chat, so we won't need to keep Google Translate open on a second screen at all times.

M6 No Chat

Neytpoh migrated to the United States, in order to prepare for Season 31. Bulldozing through TBR, this will be his time to prove himself versus the true oldschool elite and supremo. For once, the latter may not be hindered by ping, but only the weak electricity grid in his town.

M7 No Chat

After manipping SyDe into this season, it's a bit of a relief that he is not facing Lil Tic and Godfather in a mode with chat. Due to the new island rule, Lil Tic will likely start at the ten minute mark to make every island on the map habitable. I guess Godfather used the off season to perfect his "putting items on the ground to signal peace"-skills.

M8 No Chat

Toxi and b100 probably two of the few players that invest most time into creep route preparation. They should consider to invest the same amount of time into meditation or something similar to compete with Airenikus in the late game psycho warfare.

M9 No Chat

I expect the scheduling thread of this game to be a true chamber of horrors for admins. Very dark and silent at first, but shockingly mind-blowing after. If the match is going to happen with these players, it is going to be a blast. Noexxx vs Trunkz is an all-time classic!

M10 Rookie Bracket

I hope Mage did not fool me by saying that he reverted to rookie level, skill-wise. So I imagined he's the Benjamin Button of FFA. But I'm certain that neither only_luck, nor Voxi or LDX are going to be defenseless. After htrt tried to sign up for the rookie bracket, I'm afraid that LDX might be Ludix.

M11 Rookie

From my conversations, I expect the FFA experience here to be slightly lower than in Match 10. Therefore, I hope that this is going to be a great entry point for all of them. Have fun and embrace the drama! Ignore for now that there is a penalty point pot at the end of the hallway!

M12 Rookie

Damn, I wanted to go to bed early today to prepare myself for two exhausting months of FML. Match 12 is not only going to be a match between three aspiring prospects, but also their respective mentors Tom, Ena and Ponty. Looking forward to the secret tricks they pass to their young padawans.

Go disinfect your mouses and let's have a great season!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:29:00 pm by FML|HighTac »

Offline Jaod

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: https://w3champions.com/player/Jaod%2321707
  • Coins: 95
  • Race: Random
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 10:42:33 pm »
M7 No Chat

:Bulgaria: Bulgarian noob and clown - will die first here ofcourse
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 10:45:14 pm by Jaod »

Offline letshavesomefun

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 02:38:50 pm »
M1 Standard

Thank u dear Lord that this game isnt played in nochat mode. Atleast 3 of these 4 players are gonna find out in this game that cursing words are banned now in reforged.
This is one of the casts that will decide wether taklefu has the mental power to become a real ffa player or just another guy quitting cuz he cant handle the toxity of our beloved ffa format and northern american + peruvian friends.

I expect a lot from this game except sportmanship...no no im def not gonna expect that.

M2 Standard

M3 Standard

Okay lets do a real prediction for this one.

Tox:

Tox is hard to predict and might change his playstyle due to minor moodchanges.
Last Season he rarely played agressivly and rather hoarded on 50 manipping and lying.
Its a development often seen by strong micro players joining the scene since they often fell victim to get outmanipped/teamed. So they try really hard to appear weak by having low food and lying about their gold etc. palying dead with 20k bank etc. nontheless those players often do it way too obvious and have problems winning despite huge disadventages but by macro oriented building lame etc. Other recent examples would be Trunks and even Ena. But u could also see the same development by neutron for example. They see that beeing in a strong position gets punished and adapt by trying to appear weak at any costs.

On the other hand tox is a very proud person who hates it when people assume hes "bad" or "weak" so he might chose to play his best winning his 1on1 and to smash the other players simply by reading this and to show anyone theres no way he can be beaten fairly by any of these 3.

Leluami: Leluami is the only real Newcomer in this cast. Hes been playing with us since a couple of months now and is learning quickly. FFA is maybe the only Gametype were beeing the Newcomer is a curse and blessing at the same time. People will overlook and underestimate him and try to mainly manip him into doing their bidding. Beeing overlooked in a FML Match is one of the biggest adventages u can wish for. Yet theres a reason for newcomers beeing overlooked. Even with a huge adventage in the final 3way 2 experienced players last minute uniting against u can quickly lead to ur fall. There is more than enough evidence from the past of players beeing ignored for 2 hours straight in the 3way while the 2 others are at each others troath nonstop loses the game within 3 minutes.

Lelus chances will depend a lot on who makes it into the 3way with him.

Jaod:

Vovas biggest enemy is and has always been himself. Hes a perfectionist and therefore takes simple mistakes very seriously. Also if the game development doesnt go his way he gets quickly annoyed and loses motivation. FFA has a bigger random factor and is due to the behaviourism of the other players less predictable. Anticipating an always rational behaviour from ur opponents alla homo öconomicus only leads to dissapointment when he reacts irrational and a loss of motivation wich is a key component to winning ffa games. u wont beat players like noexxx liltic qwest eshan who are willing to spend 10hours in front of their pc while shitting in a bucket if u are demotivated about minor mistakes or not as predicted/planned game development

Junker:

From those 4 Junker prolly is the most complete FFA Player. He has no really weak points. Hes consistent, has decent micro, good decision making, usualy sees trough the lies of his opponents, stays calm, has atleast his next 3 steps well thought trough and prepared and also has the necessary killer instinct to decide final 1on1s for himself.
Hes one of the players u wanna meet in a 3way because he knows when its necessary to actively balance games and when not to.

Despite that Junker isnt known for beeing a heavy manipper and beeing a favorite always paints a huge target on ur back in FFA. Tox is the sort of player to simply try to take out the biggest treat early in the game while jaod is known for overly trying to save people instead of letting them die leading to a 3way.

Yet My bet is on Junker simply because he lived together with fetta and playing ffa under fettas wings is worth more than reading all those seksi or htrt ffa guides. If he only learned 5% of fettas wisdom he is unstoppable (until he meets fetta).

M4 No Chat

M5 No Chat