May 02, 2024, 07:54:04 am

Author Topic: Ladder Season 2  (Read 2516 times)

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Ladder Season 2
« on: September 08, 2018, 02:17:14 pm »
Season 1 of our new FFA ladder concluded. Congratulations to Seksi for finishing at the very top, with an impressive win rate of 64%. May you bath in the glory of this moment!

Final Leaderboard of Season 1

Season 2

The bot was reset and it's time for all the others to follow in Seksi's footsteps. Season 2 will probably last until end of the year. Enough time to play a few hundred matches. :icon_lol:

We want to thank wc3melee again for making this possible. As most of you know, the ladder still has some flaws (e.g. no obs on defeat, no adequate ELO, no random hero matches). Most of these issues are not or not easily solvable. The development resources are limited currently and we won't make any changes for now. We hope for your understanding.

Leaderboard
Map Pool
Loss Bug Fixes
Ban Appeals

GL HF
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:23:57 pm by FML|HighTac »

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
Re: Ladder Season 2
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 04:07:53 pm »
Thanks, HighTac.   As per Ping, Season 2 will run for exactly 3 months.   Starting September 7th and ending December 7th. 

While there isn't a ELO, the win/loss points are weighted pretty well.   For example, rdmheropls had a higher score (rank 6, 43.56) with only 97 games played (67%) over Joggel (rank 7, 36.26 score) with 151 games played (49%).   Obviously you get more points for a win compared to points lost in a loss, but the balance seems pretty spot on. 

PlayFFA had ELO where you would lose more points vs low ELO players and lose less vs high level players, and vise versa for winning.  There were pros and cons to that system; it was nice to earn more points for a tough victory, but it was also lame to lose extra points vs a new account, smurf, sniper etc. 

My biggest wish is that it could host Random Hero games.    Maybe some time soon in the future.   For now, at least we have a very good map rotation and a good amount of activity.

I heard from htrt he was considering playing season 2.   Have hopes for DV and LW, too.   Ladder games are a lot of fun and I believe this season will be more competitive. 

For me... I will hardly be able to play for first half of season.  It will  be interesting to see who is on top of the leaderboards in the coming weeks. 

gg

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 05:26:30 pm »
While there isn't a ELO, the win/loss points are weighted pretty well.   For example, rdmheropls had a higher score (rank 6, 43.56) with only 97 games played (67%) over Joggel (rank 7, 36.26 score) with 151 games played (49%).   Obviously you get more points for a win compared to points lost in a loss, but the balance seems pretty spot on.

The entire points structure makes no sense as long as it doesn't take into account if you play 4-way, 8-way, etc.

My biggest wish is that it could host Random Hero games.    Maybe some time soon in the future.   For now, at least we have a very good map rotation and a good amount of activity.

I hope that too. It's a shame that all these ENT, etc bots spam the custom game list :(

Offline Vyvanne

• Global Moderator
  • Shaman
  • Formerly Elsha-of-IEL
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Vyvanne
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 01:53:31 pm »
I'll be going ham in about a month and a half, see if I can catch up!

This also might be a good to post on the Wc3 subreddit too, get some extra visibility!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:55:37 pm by Vyvanne »
All knowledge is worth having.
That which yields, is not always weak.

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc