May 15, 2024, 10:55:28 am

Author Topic: Controversial Rule Changes  (Read 4362 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Controversial Rule Changes
« on: October 28, 2013, 09:51:00 pm »
:FMLN:

Big changes as far as rules go in the admin team. We understand that everyone has a different opinion when it comes to streaming and how it should be handled. Some say that they don't want rules at all and others think it should start being more heavily regulated. The admin team is trying to go middle of the road with our answer to the situation. It may not be the long-term solution, but until further notice, we will implement this system.

Here are the rule changes:

4.00 headline has been revised to "Policy" since "Teams" was a dated title. 4.10 was changed to the following. Previously it was entitled "Garena Accounts":

4.10 Account Security

Players should not give out their account information. In the event that either a player or league admin feels that an account’s security has been compromised, that account will be banned from FML competition and a new account must be registered with FML and Garena/or B.net.

4.20 will be added:

4.20 Streaming Policy

Observer streamers are required to enforce a minimum of 15 minute of delay onto their streamed FML games. Failure to comply with this rule will result in immediate ejection from an FML match. Player streamers do not need to apply a delay to their stream.

Any player who is found stream hacking will be treated as if they are cheating and rule 6.30a will take affect.

And this rule updated to the following. To note, the following rule will grant players the right to deny streamers from streaming their match if they so choose:

3.50 Observers

Full Observers is set to ON

Only an admin may decide to remove an observer.  This may include, but is not limited to: excessive ping/lag, interfering with the organization of the game, refusing to comply with the streaming policy and spamming chat.

It is a player's right to request a specific observer be removed if they are uncomfortable with their presence. If this is the case, an admin must be notified and they will determine if he/she will be removed.  There is no guarantee that said player will be removed, and it is up to the discretion of the admin in charge of the match

So that's it! I hope this helps to elevate the problem. It certainly will not fix the problem completely, especially in longer games, but hopefully we can count on trusting the players again so that further issues don't arise!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:55:11 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline KenoStrikesBack

• Grunt
  • If I have wings... Why am I always walking?
    • View Profile
Re: Controversial Rule Changes
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 09:54:21 pm »
hope this does the trick :)

Offline Searcher_FF

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Searcher_FF
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 04:24:01 am »
Player streamers do not need to apply a delay to their stream.

why?

Offline toy0ta

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: toy0ta
  • Race: Random
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 05:14:23 am »
ye why , if stream cheaters can use it, players -stream   must do delay too !   my last game in ladder was so sad because , in game was  QWEST( croco )  and  inpost  (imbalance_hero)  , so qwest  stream  and inpost  see his stream or hear his stream  ( inpost said it in game , qwest asks inpost u are in list .   inpost answer "qwest i only  hear you"   so he is hear live stream what qwest says , qwest say go vs toyota attack him they went.   They team play me 20-40 mins. And how can i  be sure next time , when we have in game player- streamer  ???!!!??

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 05:26:22 am »
@toy0ta:
what you are describing is not stream hacking, it's preteaming.  Doesn't matter if we had no streams at all, if two players want to preteam they could have a skype or ventrillo convo... however you might want to post it in the playffa.com forum, if ugri can find proof of it, he will take the appropriate actions

@Searcher_FF:
1- it would be hard to enforce, because it would be hard to kick a player if he doesn't have the delay, would ruin the game :S
2- if the player is getting streamed hacked, the only person who is getting screwed over is him, so it's a "at your own risk" kind of deal (as opposed to the obs who can see the whole map and everyone's gold)

Offline imbalance_hero

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: imbalance_hero
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 06:42:43 am »
Toy0ta lie, because i never watch stream with my eyes! And this day Qwest stream without VOICE, only music, so i heard only music. 0 information about game, qwest not speak with us!

And second, i make army versus Qwest, Toy0ta got dryads + bears + Giants. I make 10 tanks vs undead (qwest), and send my sheep into his main! But i don`t attack qwest, because in my real life i`m MORAL FAG, if you know, who it is - i hate bad manners, and toy0ta speak about me, fuck my children, fuck my wife, and much more bad words in this game! So, it`s only rage on him to kill him, not my problem, he don`t know manners.

So, as always, toy0ta only lie...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:46:30 am by imbalance_hero »

Offline Searcher_FF

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Searcher_FF
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 06:50:00 am »
@Searcher_FF:
1- it would be hard to enforce, because it would be hard to kick a player if he doesn't have the delay, would ruin the game :S
2- if the player is getting streamed hacked, the only person who is getting screwed over is him, so it's a "at your own risk" kind of deal (as opposed to the obs who can see the whole map and everyone's gold)
i understand that but still it is the same..

Hey guys don't fight here, it's topic about different things

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 06:57:11 am »
Yeah we should not derail the topic...

That being said, you opened qwest's stream just to hear his music? lol

Offline imbalance_hero

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: imbalance_hero
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 07:00:19 am »
Renaud, you still want to speak about this game? Maybe PM?

So, i still thinking, stream with delay ruin fun for funs. As i said, no comunications with streamer...

Added: One man changed the rules, not the rules changed him... And that's bad
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:02:57 am by imbalance_hero »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 08:32:26 am »

So, i still thinking, stream with delay ruin fun for funs. As i said, no comunications with streamer...

I totally understand where you are coming from and I know that it will definitely hurt the quality of the streams. As I stated previously, we are experimenting with solutions. If this turns out to not be a good answer to this issue, we might be looking elsewhere for changes. No one in the admin team wants to remove streaming and none of us are comfortable making a delay which is extremely long. 15 minutes is very reasonable and it should prevent stream cheating on the majority of FML games which are played.

The "perfect" solution would a streaming service which allows us to deny IPs from watching the stream. We have access to see what IPs are in games, so it would be an easy solution for us to temporarily deny the player IPs from the streams. However, something like this isn't available to us that we know of. Perhaps in the future we will be able to find something which will allow us to do this.

Offline toy0ta

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: toy0ta
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 04:17:59 pm »
qwest and inpost in one game, qwest stream , inpost open stream only to hear his music in stream wow , hahaha

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 04:26:21 pm »
qwest and inpost in one game, qwest stream , inpost open stream only to hear his music in stream wow , hahaha

This is for league games, that was not a league game, we have no control over what happens on the bot.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 04:51:36 pm »

This is for league games, that was not a league game, we have no control over what happens on the bot.

Nor do we care.

Offline rsm!

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 05:36:41 pm »
stream delay less than an hour is pretty useless imo. any educated player can guess every players situation using information they hear+ knowing what happened in the fifteen minutes that happened past the delay. Even if they are not that bright, it is easy to do a 15 minute stalemate and assess the situation.

the stream cheaters will be obvious, and should not be a big problem though