May 15, 2024, 11:05:20 pm

Author Topic: S23 Semi Finals  (Read 3513 times)

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
S23 Semi Finals
« on: September 11, 2016, 05:34:44 pm »
 :FMLN:

The end of round 4 is a bittersweet time as the death knell rings for many players that did not make it into the semi finals, while at the same time we congratulate those 10 players that will proceed, working our way up: GEASS, zTsoso, reinforceement-, Eshan, noexxx who made it through despite missing the first round, Jaod_, ZsSuperCumulo, Tyrant66, and finally our top 2 placed players, each with a great main-season record with 3 wins, j33., and UndeR.STa. Because j33. and UndeR.STa are in the top 2, they will proceed directly to the finals, while the other 8 players will have to battle once again in a semi finals for those 2 remaining spots. After tie-break calculations, players ranked 3, 5, 8, and 10 form one match, and 4, 6, 7, 9 form the other. Please see your assignments below. Good luck!

The Map: Twilight Ruins

:TR:

The Matches

Semi Final 1
 :Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant66
 :Russia: :ud: Jaod_
 :Russia: :ud: Reinforcement-
 :Germany: :hu: GEASS

Semi Final 2
 :Peru: :hu: Zs.SuperCumulo
 :Switzerland: :hu: Noexxx
 :USA: :ra: Eshan
 :Denmark: :hu: zTsoso

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: S23 Semi Finals
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 06:18:58 pm »
at first lol @ the 55ers... so much theorycrafting before and then it just did not matter XD.

Crazy Semis with basically just 2 different races and the manip race.

I expect shit games and suicides.

Prove me wrong please.

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 06:58:30 pm »
Hi FFAers, i miss you. 

Cumulo made me a sweet signature and I'd like to show it off.

Maybe I'll see you around! Good luck in Semis

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 06:59:21 pm »
these matchups have some serious potential for suicides. I can't wait! ^_^

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 07:49:22 pm »
Season 23 Semi Finals predictions

Semi Final 1

Tyrant and Geas meet again, in R1 GEAS lost in a 2v1 while Tyrant was able to hoard endlessly to get an easy win. This time however GEAS will be better prepared and will play smarter. The other two are wildcards so I expect a final 3 way with GEAS, Tyrant and whoever is left between Jaod and Reinforcement. If GEAS isn't teamed to death like it happened in some of his games, then he has a good chance of winning.

This is what will most likely happen  :icon_biggrin: :icon_mrgreen:

Semi Final 2

Back then

Now

Coincidence? or perhaps ...

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:08:03 pm by ZsSuperCumulo »

ŦEspero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poderŧ Supremo

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 08:05:06 pm »
I think this game is my greatest nightmare

i cannot imagine 3 other players who I would less want to face in the same game. 3 humans, two champions, and noexxx...

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 08:07:04 pm »
I think this game is my greatest nightmare

i cannot imagine 3 other players who I would less want to face in the same game. 3 humans, two champions, and noexxx...

Dun worry Eshan, I've got your back  :icon_twisted: lol. Now post your predictions!  :icon_biggrin:

ŦEspero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poderŧ Supremo

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 09:11:22 pm »
lol, from cumoīs post i was obs in the semi s22, but i honestly only remember soso having 30k, saying he is dead or sth when he was attacked and later easily won, other than that complete amnesia about that game atm.

Semi Final 1

Tyrant makes his surprising return to ffa and instantly going to semis again, while jaod tries to redeem himself after the bummer last season, while we have in reinforcement and GEASS two new players, who made it.
All of them have good micro, while Geass and Tyrant are maybe a little bit favored in this department. Although they both seem very busy and thus more like inactive, luckily that does not affect ffa games too much.
Tough call for Geass against 3 udīs.

I see everyone going standard, but a strat-change could give an advantage to the bold guy.

The only one who could fly under the radar is maybe reinforcement, but in the end Jaod or Tyrant will remain victorious, after GEASS was teamed out or suiciding one of them.

Hoping for some exciting, fancy moves like nuking heroes.

Semi Final 2

Itīs game between guys, who gets routinely mocked by fellow players, for reasons i mostly donīt really get, but thatīs the internet, i guess.

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Haters-Gonna-Hate-Meme-Gif-08.jpg

Letīs hope for a gentlemenīs agreement: No AM or everyone AM.

The 2nd Semi looks nasty. Many happy humans (soso keepin it seriously and piicking human again?!!!!) I am smugging about knowing those players better than the ones from Semi1 so here we go:

Cumo-Man, half meme- half amazing, and a little bit of sneaky, elusive Vega, used his peruvian powers to win r4. [tried to look weak with typing desperately !ping!ping!ping after losing heroes to my imba elf focus, but luckily mass gold and the ever popular broken midgame hu vs elf imbalance served him well, aöthough he wonīt have that advantage in this game. ( unless eshan will random elf, which wonīt happen, because he betrayed all random players with chosing  a race that fits the map) Who knows if Cumo still suffers from eleminating his cool friend Wrecktify from competetion, but most likely he will lock horns with his fellow FML Champion Soso]

The Noe, the prodigy, the one who gets stream sniped and preteamed by evil individuals, but still has better % winrate than the Warriors in 15/16 will strive to make the finals happen again. Like Anakin he has to control his anger to succeed and not getting dragged to the dark side by powerful and tempting manipulations by the other Jedis.
Towers ainīt that powerful vs mass humans ( hello cannontowers), the islandspaces are limited and the right choice of heroes are a few of the things to think about for him.

Then there is Eshan, the 4- time Azeroth bnet ladder FFA no.1, the one who got some nice XP from my heroes in r4, when i was already down ( yes, the same attitude he was heavily dismissing in r1, when he got farmed by Shave in a almost heartbraking way, after obliterated by a fellow tryhard named fetta. And bcuz of this hypocrisy, iīll post a fitting Moji in the Skype group right now).
Really looking forward to his race-pick. He has s23 history with Cumo and Soso, but i doubht that this will play a role, still could spice things up.

And then we got Soso, who was able to qualify in a nice tournaround after getting twice 5 pts in r2/3. Solid play in r4 and always dangerous. Some call him master manipper, others donīt have another name for him.
From my experience, he is pretty well rounded in all aspects of the game and a good pick for the win, but this ainīt gonna be a walk in the park with that oppostion.

I wonīt accept another winner than Cumo, so that i can atleast say i lost to a finalist. ( ofc i only wanna put pressure on him, because i want him to lose, cause he shattered my dreams)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:13:44 pm by Slythe »

Offline GEASS

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: GEASS
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 05:43:37 pm »
Wouldnt it be cool to pick 4 human in one match? That tanks shit is very boring.. but needed vs elf/ud

Jaod_

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 04:08:54 am »
Semi Final 1

So... : )           I'm sure the game promises to be very interesting !
I will put the players from strongest to weakest
1) Tyrant66
2) GEASS
3) Jaod_
4) reinforcement-    ( you call me Bro ?)) Right ??  So Bro - no offense, but you're almost a beginner

Tyrant66 great FFA player - who have long history....
GEASS - new FFA player - but he have great micro and his win rate solo ladder is great...
Jaod_ - i think - time to show all us - what i can : ) - i TRY....  Time when i can be good pappet for someone - is GONE )) - mr. CUMULO ))  - you must remember - this game with qwest was my debut !
reinforcement- you great FFA player in games with RDM heroes : )

I predict a very rapid drop reinforcement - and then long and 3 way

Semi Final 2

Hardest game for all of this 4 players !
Any of this 3 humans deserved up in grandfinal  ( sry eshan - you very good too - but not enought how good they )
I will put the players from strongest to weakest :

1) zTsoso
2) NoeXxX
3) zS.Supercumulo
4) eshan
zTsoso - have great practice FFA history and he good soloer !
NoeXxX - very good in solo too - and he rly best ladder FFA (2016 ) player
zs.Supercumulo - i think good soloer too ( on b.net mb ) and he can played VERY  tricky game
eshan - have good FFA history and he played so meny RDM FFA games

I predict - eshan die first ( humans dont wanna fights in mirror and snipe him of course )Soso dominanting and get teamed to death  from cumulo and Noe - after Noe get win and up for Gr Final

I predict TOO - if cumulo not win here - he get mad, leave to live to America and will do anything to get the title of being an American

: )

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:14:05 am by Jaod_ »

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 04:56:46 am »
Semi Final 1

This seems like a dangerous game. You have Tyrant, probably the highest overall skill in this cast, great macro as well as control of large armies. Experienced in FML games, very balanced style play, and probably the top active undead at the moment. Then Jaod, who has that secret spice to win games, manipulates well, but still micros well, too. Usually English proficiency is a key advantage in FML, but few players throughout history have persevered like Jaod has )). Reinforcement, with great micro and solo-level skill, but perhaps less experience balancing multiple opponents. He can take advantage of this with aggressive style play to at least enter the 3-way, giving himself a shot at finals. GEASS, also great micro and solo-skill but with lots of experience in bot games, which usually translates to being very adaptable in chaotic games, but not as suited to the pressures of 3-way politics. On large maps like this, solo-level skill usually comes second-fiddle to macro and 100-food army control. But often it comes down to that X-factor, of which in this cast I believe only Tyrant and Jaod have - and in this case Tyrant will be more of a target than Jaod and will therefore face more adversity.

Semi Final 2

Imagine for a minute you are back in the second century AD, the setting of the Ancient Roman Empire, a time of warfare, barbarians, gladiators, and kings. Four great men emerge during this period.

Marcus Eshan Aurelius, the Wise. A battle-worn general and scholar, he has studied both war and philosophy in great depth. However, in our sad tale he is the first to fall - his weakness of age being seized upon by the young and power-hungry betrayer Commodus Soso, whom we will meet soon. A famous quote of his is apt for the occasion:
Leaves,
the wind scatters some on the face of the ground;
like unto them are the children of hoarders and tower-massers.

Cumulo Maximus, the Vengeful. Our protagonist, the expectant future Emperor, was subverted by Commodus Soso who sent, in secret, a band of henchman to capture and execute him. Unbeknownst to Commodus Soso, Cumulo Maximus was not one to be easily killed, and instead slaughtered the henchmen and escaped. However, as he rode back to his home in the hills, Commodus Soso vicious hand had already reached there first. Upon returning home, Cumulo Maximus only found the burning remains of his  beloved memes. With all that he valued in life lost before him, he fell into the depths of the gladiator way of life, seeking to rise up and achieve vengeance.

Juba Noe, the Brave. Being a slave to the gladiator ring since childhood, despite being young, Juba Noe's soul has become hardened from battle. His will to survive is great, and he is known to have taken on 3 opponents at a time. However, his battle experience is limited against the greatest opponents who come from elite formal training in martial warfare.

Commodus Soso, the Ruthless. Coming from a prestigious family, trained from birth in sword-fighting, and corrupted by his own visions of grandeur, Commodus Soso seeks to remain the reigning ruler by any means necessary, including deception and foul play. However, when he thinks he has complete control of his domain, he has become so blind from his own wickedness that he takes for granted the loyalty of his closest allies.

It's the final showdown at the Colosseum. What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? That's what you get when Cumulo Maximus faces against Commodus Soso in a battle to the death. But we know from history who emerges victorious...

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 09:41:58 am »
some amazing predictions in this thread @ slythe, and RED

Semi 1 - Geass will be teamed out for being the off race, Tyrant will win due to superior hoarding + micro + cunning

Semi 2 - I will be teamed out for being the off race, then Noexxx will be teamed out for being Noexxx, then snaksoso and super.cumanip will determine who was able to hide more gold while crying "HELP" all game. In the end no one cares because one of these two snakes will rise, and they are basically the same. Two FML champions and the best non-champion - and it will be pure teaming + hoard/manip

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 06:16:15 pm »
Semi Final 1

I think this game will be a bit faster then some people might expect.  I could see it being anywhere from 45 minutes and probably not much more then 90 (which these days is still short).  Reinforcement has had a nice season, but I think he is outclassed here, probably moreso in the general tension of a high level FFA then his micro ability.  Tyrant is a great player and probably the favorite, but honestly he never seems to have games where he preservers through lots of pressure and tough situations.  I think jaod will be able to grab the win here, he has improved from a decent player to a top player IMO.  GEASS will probably survive till near the end, but I also think he will fall due to lack of FML experience.  Jaod is also a crazy manipper, not sure how the others will respond.  I think it will help him here, though it could also cause him to get suicided.  But he is still my pick

JAOD #1

Semi Final

Nobody is picking Eshan to win, and thats probably exactly what he wants.  I think his micro is marginally worse then the other three, but not to the point where he cant win fights with smart play.  I think he WILL have a rough time early game, but with good scouting and anticipation he should be able to avoid getting killed off.  I expect either soso or cumulo will die first, they are very similar as players in terms of micro skill and also playstyle to some extent and having BOTH of them in the same game for too long is just too much... one of them will end up knocking off the other.  Noexxx is the wild card here, not sure how he will play.  His strength is micro and aggression, which will lead him to get obliterated by teaming especially with eshan and soso in the same game... this is going to be a wild one guys, just remember despite all the flaming that will undoubtedly occur, WE ARE STILL ARE FRIENDS.  I think Eshan will suprise some people though, and find a way to take the win home.

Offline AlienWareOwnZ

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: AlienWareOwnZ
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 11:51:37 pm »
I wouldnt do this sweet banner cumulo made me any justice if I didnt post something so here it goes...

These are 4 of players with top game sense and over all very well rounded. Personally I would hate to be eshan here, fighting any of these guys in a 1v1 is quite a tall task. Any of these 3 humans can be considered the best human players at the moment, I think there is a huge gap from these humans to the next tier players. Im going to pick eshan for underdog sake, an if you go orc eshan dont fight noexxx! Really lookimg forward to this game GL HF ALL!

Another game with some great potential! I havent played much vs GEASS or reinforcement (if at all) but from what Ive seen they look pretty solid.
Jaod has improved miles fro what he used to be and is a real threat in this game. I have to go with my buddy tyrant here, we have some history of hi and shave getting hugged in 2s by me and soso and then just ragequitting. With that being said I know tyrant hates losing more than anyone here so he will do wht he must to come out with a win (even if he has to manip 4ea4) or whatever he has his hotkeys set to this game.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:53:22 pm by AlienWareOwnZ »