May 05, 2024, 01:30:19 pm

Author Topic: Your favorite top5 FFA Players of all time!  (Read 37312 times)

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Re: Your favorite top5 FFA Players of all time!
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2014, 11:02:56 pm »
Watch Majin replays, he was not monotonous at all

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2014, 11:04:56 pm »
Who was the better undead, Magadansky or PencilWarrior?

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2014, 11:11:55 pm »
lol penciwarrior, except being lone headadmin, in term of skill he was average imo. All of those thinking differently should watch his replays now and compare them to magadansky's.

Brainman Undead would be better than pencilwarrior

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2014, 02:06:40 am »
in no order:

DarknessCalls - One of the scariest Orcs - the most dominant player to play DR/TC/SH overall.  I always enjoyed playing vs him because you had to play your A game and would be tested thoroughly.  Today's youth don't understand how imbalanced DR TC SH is. 

Brain.Man - He played with a unique style and if nothing else, one of the very best random players to ever play.  He could be frustrating to play against but would provide a challenge and knew how to fight well. 

y.z - Another fearsome Orc.  No one played a better BM/TC/SH mid game Orc, in my opinion.  He handled his 80 food army almost flawlessly. 

Magadansky - The vampire champion, whom I had a fierce rivalry with.  We always seemed to fight early and often in all of our games.  He had the best understanding of FML games - was pro at playing 3 ways, being patient and winning in those circumstances that I often misplayed.  One of the only other Undeads I respected as much as my own Undead (with respects to Yane). 

Battle.Suck - This guy was funny and awesome.  He would be relentless in his attacks even if they were not fully thought out.  He understood how to mix Human armies and play extremely aggressive.  While most humans would play more standard mixes he would you with a multitude of casters, breakers, tanks and gyros that would apply pressure like no other human.  While not the best human ever, he had the micro and macro plus a relentlessness about him that made me a fan of his game. 

Few others I will mention (I went old school with my list) - htrt, wrecktify, persuade, renaud, lightweight.  These are guys I respected and enjoyed playing against.  Many others I left out including most of the new blood.  Recently I've battled with Nooblex and Elsha which brought back some nostalgic feelings =)

When f-l-y and pencil played, I was a solo player just learning FFA.  I never played a real game against pencil and maybe only one of two against Lost.  I played a good amount against f-l-y but in later times. 

One more mention @ Marn.  Lol I played one game vs him on Divide and Conquer and he was awesome - huge 100 food armies of fiend/abom/dest/banshees.  I wasn't as good but he was dominant in those times.  This was, of course before he went to prison for luring an underaged girl through World of Warcraft. 

Offline Vyvanne

• Global Moderator
  • Shaman
  • Formerly Elsha-of-IEL
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Vyvanne
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2014, 01:41:41 pm »
One more mention @ Marn.  Lol I played one game vs him on Divide and Conquer and he was awesome - huge 100 food armies of fiend/abom/dest/banshees.  I wasn't as good but he was dominant in those times.  This was, of course before he went to prison for luring an underaged girl through World of Warcraft.

WHAT?!

Oooomg lol.
All knowledge is worth having.
That which yields, is not always weak.

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2014, 06:14:15 pm »
He was in his 30s she was a teen, there was a news story about it lol

Offline ins

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: i-never-smile
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2014, 06:23:19 pm »
There was another guy involved, too--I think his plea was different and maybe his sentencing.  His name had the word "duck" in it--though definitely not plzleaveduck, that's someone entirely different.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2014, 09:05:54 pm »
The other guy was the ride, and he turned her to the police station once he realized she was under-aged (and I think he was released once the police figured he din't know she was under-age when he offered to give be the ride)

Offline Tleilaxu

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2014, 10:36:26 am »
I believe in Audigy.

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2014, 12:32:24 pm »
I find this subject confusing - I think im just supposed to list people I enjoyed watching or playing against maybe?  Or people who made a big impression.  I dunno.

Honorary Mention:  SteppinRazor - one day, before the release of WC4, he will reach top tier.  In the meantime he'll be that guy who always has the flash of brilliance to win a game he shouldnt.  I also blame him for not surviving against Maga long enough for me to dispatch of that dumbass Humanstar in the Season-whatever finals.

5) Battle.Suck - One of the few oldschoolers I think would translate to current FFA pretty well.  I always modeled myself after him and his willingness to fight, fight and fight some more.

4) FinalFantasyIV - One of the few players who could fight Pencil and Rice on level terms.  I could crush all three of the above easy now, but in terms of 'those days' he was my favorite from then.

3) Daseland - Only orc ive ever faced that makes me thing "I have 0% chance of winning".  like all greats he had a meltdown and disappeared. 

2) InvincilbleRice - Caveat: I dont think he would last 10 minutes in an FFA nowadays, but he was definitely my motivation when I first started playing FFA.  He dominated like no one else, and he did it with a Far Seer.  He popularized FFA, and we should all be grateful for that!

1) Magadansky - the batman to my joker, the dracula to my.... hugh jackman. the only worthy opponent!  until he started sucking, then i lost all my drive.  hopefully he doesnt suck now or else ill go back to hearthstone.

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2014, 12:50:07 pm »
1) Wrecktify - for pretending he could micro with the best players and getting over confident (cocky) messaging to obs in the season 18 finals that Mog won.  Also for creating a smurf to win a season so he wouldn't be teamed based on name.   

Also for being n00b in Hearthstone.   Evil Penguin status. 

;D)

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2014, 06:40:20 am »
I find this subject confusing - I think im just supposed to list people I enjoyed watching or playing against maybe?  Or people who made a big impression.  I dunno.

Honorary Mention:  SteppinRazor - one day, before the release of WC4, he will reach top tier.  In the meantime he'll be that guy who always has the flash of brilliance to win a game he shouldnt.  I also blame him for not surviving against Maga long enough for me to dispatch of that dumbass Humanstar in the Season-whatever finals.

<3

To be fair, you should actually blame duck for not showing and Worpex for allowing a noob like me to sub in the FINALS

Offline ins

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: i-never-smile
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2014, 06:54:22 am »
The guys I put down for my favorites all belong there, but a notch below rebbatS.  That guy beat me 100% of the time, won a lot of different sized maps and different sized games, and was just all-around a tough guy to fight.  Not much chat (if any), just a lot of beatdown.

Offline plush.

« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2015, 11:56:28 pm »
Plush was amazing, but never knew how to handle manip. Fly is the reason I played FFA when I saw his replays when him and pencil were rank 1 and 2 at like level 52 or something.

grandbulp/tchou-tchou/other names he had, he was good but definitely not top 10...

Ha, I agree with your criticism. From what I remember about FFA, my approach was more mathematical than anything. Depending on the race and player, I was mostly about getting a feel for how much money would be needed to win a 1v1 against most players or finish off someone in a three way to make it a 1v1. When facing a player such as yourself, I hoped for and did my best to help ensure the more typical split 1v1s during that time would happen and didn't want anything to do with a three-way requiring greater use of chat and playing equalizer. I played more like a mash-up of a fencer and an economist and three-ways were much more chaotic by comparison, like being at the final table in poker. If there were a replay to show all of it, this would be most evident in the S4 finals where I played rather clueless once Fly quickly eliminated Target, and managed to help get myself teamed 'til near-death despite perhaps being the most disadvantaged player at that point in the game.

Nooblex gave me an incredible amount of trouble. Other than games against Lost where he quickly reached 6-5-5, NE vs Orc was about money more than anything else for me and more so than any other match-up. Nooblex was especially difficult because he would sacrifice creeping speed in favor of expoing more quickly and he always had 5-10k more at a minimum than I would presume as a result. Once I switched to a more efficient style of Orc (going BM with mirror image over FS or TC first, more heavily emphasizing speed of expanding, and opting to skip teching taurens entirely when there were no other Orcs in the game), Nooblex had stopped playing. I never got to try to out economy the economic master, but it did help me avoid the more timing intensive fights against Lost if only by being able to fast 100 him out of ladder games.

I probably lost to Bulp on ladder more than anyone else though. In games, he chatted like someone beneath his skill level and while this helped him be one of the best pure ladder players in FFA when I was playing, it didn't translate all that well to non-ladder FFAs. Like me, he was more used to winning and winning rather easily in a specific way and as a result, he didn't fully adapt to tournament play.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2015, 01:17:28 am »
dude COME BACK. theres a playffa cup coming up and this FML seasons almost over so you could play next season

just play some games on the playffa bot (no wait times like the old ladder) to shake off the rust and show these guys what old school orc can do