May 14, 2024, 10:07:18 pm

Author Topic: Post your favorite FFA memories/moments  (Read 8314 times)

Ugri2

Re: Post your favorite FFA memories/moments
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 06:39:05 pm »
so sad i usually forget most of the stuff happening. I even forgot I used to be mad at you for "i dont recall"reasons.

I clearly recall the Nebu hacking since it made me jump over the roof when he was introduced back in fml after by worpex. In the preparation of the season in the admin section we were ranking with wpx and rad (?) the players to see which we would take.

We were ranking him kinda low. He was bad mannered and always hypporiders rushing a guy then losing. When he saw he didnt make it (by hacking my account), he destroyed the website. As I used the same pw on my bnet account and I was shaaman at that time, he kicked all the grunts from clan lone.

Offline CatLikeThief

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: PLZLEAVEDUCK
  • Race: Random
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 07:04:03 pm »
lone>fury

I was on lone and I'm better than every fury player that ever was or will be therefore

Lone>fury.

good discussion guys, I'm glad we could discuss this like adults

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 07:38:52 pm »
you guys are forgetting about clan B2B!

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 11:12:47 pm »
lol just checked internet archive, although i cant see the post in the lone forum, i saw a bunch of pink users...
members of the clique!

Ugri2

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 07:37:48 am »
I was in the clique!

Came from someone grunting about the unfairness of the status of lone members ( was it 1nvincible or God-of-Demons ?) and stating that "when you are not member of the clique, you have no right"!

I think Darkness put everyone named to be in the clique in pink

Lightweight!

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 09:27:42 am »
Ugrilainen: We were ranking him kinda low. He was bad mannered and always hypporiders rushing a guy then losing. When he saw he didnt make it (by hacking my account), he destroyed the website. As I used the same pw on my bnet account and I was shaaman at that time, he kicked all the grunts from clan lone.

I don't know why you just didn't create clan lone again ... And yeah, wherever we had drama, Ugri was leading the whole train.  :icon_mrgreen:

Ugri2

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 11:04:27 am »
Ugrilainen: We were ranking him kinda low. He was bad mannered and always hypporiders rushing a guy then losing. When he saw he didnt make it (by hacking my account), he destroyed the website. As I used the same pw on my bnet account and I was shaaman at that time, he kicked all the grunts from clan lone.

I don't know why you just didn't create clan lone again ... And yeah, wherever we had drama, Ugri was leading the whole train.  :icon_mrgreen:

he didnt disbanded lone, just hacked my shaaman account and kicked ppl. we put them back in the following days

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 02:20:45 pm »
I think smerb started using the clique thing
because I remember hydro or fly saying something like
"lol, only <insert name> would ever use clique as a derogatory term"
or maybe it was smile?

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 05:34:56 pm »
I never started any clique..??

I joined Lone rather late in its life cycle to be honest, everything was already done and established and the last of the Lone vs Fury battles were happening.

The only major discussion I remember seeing was that the clan was considering dropping it's no PM chat rule (and we never came to a conclusion as I recall)

Offline plush.

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 06:32:13 pm »
-WCReplays doing an article on Rice and putting up Nooblex's guide. Very cool exposure for an under-appreciated game type. It's what got me into competitive FFA.

-Qualifying for FML season 3. Memorable for me because I barely even made it in. Back then we had two rounds of qualifiers and after discing game one and missing game two, I was out until winning a replacement FFA for an early drop-out.

-Going TC/PB/PL in season 4 semis against Nline, Deaddontbite, and Camp&Spank. I decide to try a new hero combo and attempt to rambo my way to the finals. It worked and it's probably my favorite FFA game I've played.

-Fly taking up UD and playing anonymously for a few weeks.

-Smerbeck almost beating Target in an FML game in season 2 or 3. It came down to Smerbeck with I think 100 pop of wyrms/bat riders (guy got himself a peon) and 5k vs Target's last chippo army. But a few chim splits later and this upset was over.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2012, 06:34:56 pm »
-Smerbeck almost beating Target in an FML game in season 2 or 3. It came down to Smerbeck with I think 100 pop of wyrms/bat riders (guy got himself a peon) and 5k vs Target's last chippo army. But a few chim splits later and this upset was over.

I remember that game! Such a sick win for Target, absolutely insane. Such good micro.

Offline Camp_and_Spank

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Camp_and_Spank
  • Race: Human
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 07:18:06 am »
yeah that was one of the most ridiculous wins i've ever seen!

The mk+palla against pencils entire army in the finals was pretty hardcore as well:P

Offline hejpådigStarshaped

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DkH.Starshaped
  • Race: Human
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 04:32:17 pm »
*Getting flamed for rushing in all of my early games.

*My semi-finals game from last (?) season, where I think I played really well throughout the game and even won against some dude's hidden army when I had much less.

*Getting unjustifiably mad more times than I care to remember. (I swear, something about FFA really gets to me sometimes... probably the fact that everything isn't in my hands.)

Haven't really followed the FFA scene ever so I can't go back too far, but I did look at the CrazyAssassin FFA audios from patch 10.5 RoC on youtube, and they are hilarious. Everything CA does is amazing.

Wrecktify

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2012, 04:56:00 pm »
beating darkness on deadlock to qualify for S6 finals.  only game i went into in memory where I legitimately didnt think id win.

winning s8 finals.  i was failing almost has hard at s7, lost my base, pulled it out. 

non-me memories:

watching maga win s7 finals, getting UD off the schnide.  what a pro <333

any of quakeguy's replays. 

any rebuke games.  my favorite player of all time, cause hes just a better version of me.

renaud's entangle/treant surround in s12 finals.  a move that upgraded it from an awful game to a remotely decent game.  lul.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 06:32:08 pm »
fml ladder s1 :

Very first fml game with renaud,rebbats and darkmessiah on market, was a funny game.

I got suicided the first time by fate_is_noob, he did not like how i attacked him to reduce his goldmines, when he was fighting bsuck and trying to finish him.

First fml win vs 2 guys and a final 1vs1 vs bsuck where he just said *sigh* in the end instead of giving some respect after a good game.

f l s 2

Overall a very active season with many players participating, a lot of funny games

Enjoyed playing and chatting with the likes of pbl66a, xxesw, humans7ar, wh1te_eagle, madzoo and others.

Played the first time humans7ar, who pressured me very early on deadlock, i was surprised and told him this solostyle won´t bring him the win. He won´t stop anyway to destroy my main and when i scouted, i saw he had 3 expansions and i was thinking wtf. I rebuild crossmap and woulda win anyway.

Yane appeared on the ffa surface and showed some nice innovative stuff and very good micro and rushed me out like 3-4 times and did not like when i tried to get the others to help me vs him.

My virtual respect for yz, who was always a tough opponent to play against thanks to experience + orcabuse grew to virtual hate, after he peaced me in a fungame on a new map we tried, then broke peace, rolling me with 100 food + his behaviour in the fit4gaming-ffa-tournament + his bitch-manips and annoying orcplaystyle, which led me to set my first goal in the upcoming ladderfinal to eliminate him.

I played in the ladderfinal with daselend, yane and yz. was funny game, after i rushed out dase, signs were set for a good 3-way until yane got emo, thinking we woulda team him out, leaving and reduced my chances against a + 50 blademaster.

f l s 3

Sgora rushed out yane on marketsquare clean, although yane played dr first time, i guess.

I remember several things or games, which i cannot attach to a specific season, so here we go:A game with htrt. on deadlock with bobas and someone else. i was rushed by htrt, while bobas necrowagoned the fourth. then we peaced and it devloped a very nice back and forth game. htrt was smurfing around this time his spanish speaking alias nopueseder.

Another game with htrt, where we fought some after he killed the fourth, until he got emo, trying to feed his items/heroes to the hoarding xxesw. but i woulda steal the items and win in the end with good heroes and 4k vs his 23 k.

5 games in a row vs pbl66a where he caught me hoarding, killing my main, i woulda rebuild and both of us losing every single of these 5 games.

A game on deathrose where i was clearly winning playing  dr potm naga, facing mooksman in a final 1vs1, who was ud. i got sloppy and he hit and run me until i lost and was really angry, especially after he was saying gg before me.

I won vs rosenkill in the first and only fml ffa he ever played in a pretty sweet game for me.

Bobas suiciding me in 2 games, in which he gave wrecktify a freewin. another game where he pretened to suicide me, convincing l77 with it and finally won vs him due to his better heroes. overall bobas behaviour was pretty irritating, once he was losing to me ( i remember two nice games, which he won and everything went smoothly ). later he was obsessed with the idea of yane getting his wins only handed by others, when he actually had a lot of losses. the whole thing resulted in a game, where i beat yane the first and single time, when he helped me vs bobas.

A game against bsuck and trainedpro on twilight. where bsuck crippled me early in orc vs orc, which lead him saying some of his disrespecting stuff like * i thought u were orc, how it comes that i pwn u in mirro, when i never play orc my self*. i woulda wear him down anywy with a slowdeathstyle in a 1 hour baserace and trainedpro left after i killed bsucks last building, since he was so happy that i punished this cocky jerk. some of his antics i remember were like * how rude*, when he defended a rush against you or he using lame  mk/bolt harras vs ud, when he had tripple your gold just to annoy you.

A night, in which rebbats, fate_is_noob and someone else , maybe l77 were playing 4 straight games with the same cast, everyone winning one.

Wreck making me rightfully ragequit as a host, after we were 4 ppl wanting to play, but only one being willed or able to host, me. then in the game he completely went crazy, throwing words at me, rushing and pressuring me early w/o any good reason.
a second time i left as a host in a game with louis and sgora they dastardically teamed me to death.

A 6-way with daselend, nline, xoz_magadansky, yz and someone else on silverpineforest , which i won in a 2 hour affair.

Some game on marketsquare, where i won vs thethroneismine and magadansky, after i hid a bunch of chimeras.

An epic clash of masters of their respectetive races in daselend, htrt, yane and lost.ancient.

Rebbats, who would rareley talk at all, making it sometimes really easy and sometimes really tough.

Renaud, who would go for u relentlessly, once u attack anything from him in any scenario.

Fml league season 8

Wreck winning a game with solobeastmaster and hunts.

Rebbats initiating a hard teaming on yane, while chatting heavily and appearing desperated ( towards yane´s micro , which led to like 10 losses vs him ).

Bsuck kicking me from a game, after we were talking about yane. bsuck was euphoric, saying that yane made him a better( with pwning him like 20 times in a row ) to what i answered : u see yane entering the ffa scene too egoistically.

Wreck getting basically a freewin in his semifinal, after rebbats niceley defended his rush, who later got teamed by rebuke and wreck to death, which benefitted wreck mostly.

Lost.ancient picking orc in a semi with dase, maga, lel. He rushed out lel, while dase slaughtered maga. then lost was losing vs dase orc and was cursing and raging hard.

The seasonfinal, in which yane got heavily teamed ( out) , after bsuck damaged wreck in the begin and yane was about to kill dase. In the 3-way the strong again dase got teamed to death and finally wreck sniped bsucks mk at dase base and could steal the win. Although i highly prefered wreck over bsuck, i was upset about yane ( and later dase) getting teamed out so unscrupulousley ( although it was silly by yane teching human, not sure if it woulda change anything, though ).

Season 9, which was no real season and ended after 3 rounds. I liked the games, i had though. They were uncommon, good and funny.
Imo Jumptoad got into trouble by starting changing heated words with majin and others, who jumped on the bandwagon, coming up with old stories. Also it was too hard, trying to run the league on his own.

I continue with the modern days ( aka season 10-13 ) and maybe adding some stuff, i forgot to mention.