May 06, 2024, 05:25:34 pm

Author Topic: Ugrilainen leaves FML  (Read 3904 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Ugrilainen leaves FML
« on: August 19, 2013, 08:46:53 am »
:FMLN:

I regret to inform everyone that my good friend :France: Ugrilainen has left the admin team here at FFA Masters. He has been an incredibly valuable asset to FML and the FFA community since he joined us back in Season 3. He has accomplished more within his time here then any admin has ever done (including me) and his efforts with the FFA Bot have completely revitalized the whole FFA scene. More importantly, he he become close friends with everyone in the FFA scene. He will greatly be missed by us all and we hope him the best of luck in his future projects.

On the brightside, the FFA Ladder and Bot will live on! Ugrilainen will continue to support the bot and make it grow. Some of the particularly observant folk have already seen the changes with the bot and have asked questions. Ugri will have Hacker and Result reporting on his own website from here on out. This will not affect the ladder at all so dont stop playing!!

From Renaud, Mage, Pinballmap, Persuade and I: Farewell Ugri!!! We love you! <3 <3 <3

~WorpeX

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
  • Race: Human
Re: Ugrilainen leaves FML
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:59:20 am »
GL with whatever you are going to do in the future Ugri. Even the best marriage goes through crysis and sadly you decided for leaving. We will keep you in mind!

Unforgotten the season 12 final on Harvest of Sorrow where you were had it won with one leg vs Maga and Renaud until the madness of treants owned.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:01:56 am by Lightweight »

Offline Meeds

• FML Bets Season 2 Winner
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
    • GProxy++
  • B.net Account: Meeds.
  • Coins: 20
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 09:02:20 am »
I've been in touch with Ugri in order to set up GProxy++, all I can say is that I liked working even shortly with him.
I'll definitely miss him, even though, as I told him, his play-style was not my favourite.
Thanks Ugri for keeping work on the ladder bot, It is one of the best improvement you could ever achieved on the bot !
Thanks again for everything and good luck irl

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 09:46:43 am »
Farewell indeed Ugri but how come you now have a bot now in the clan dix channel making "Ugri FFA" games? Do we really need two separate bots running?

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 09:55:49 am »
If a drug dealer leaves his gang which sold the drug "abc" he wont be selling his drug under "abc". He has to call it "xyz" now. Got it darkness?

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 11:55:03 am »
Bot is hosting [Ranked Ladder] FFA
It was necessary for ugri to remove FML, otherwise god knows he would still have received 50 pm a day about the league, and we would be receiving pm about fixing game errors, which we don't do!

(I wasn't an admin for Season 9 but everyone kept asking me admin stuff, because I had been one for so long... and because I had "FML|" in front of my name :P)

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 12:12:30 pm »
Sounds good Reno, just wondering why he joined clan Dix o.O

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 12:30:57 pm »
Hey,

I have been FML admin for a long time and I really loved it. The community is so great, I know some of you for 8 years now : it always motivated me to do more and better for the community. :)

I felt like I did my time in FML : other admins could do as much and maybe more than I did about the league while at the same time, the bot required more attention.

Running both projects was too time consuming, I could not focus enough on the bot and it frustrated me. There is much more to be done, and that will be done now that I will have more time to do it.

The separation from FML was necessary so like renaud wisely said, I would have been contacted about the league over and over and needed to move on other projects.

The bot has been renamed to avoid confusion. It changed its hosting channel too in the sole purpose of attracting new players. I am just looking for room where a lot of players are hanging in, in a clan I believe has a good reputation. Dix suited the purpose (kodos promotes the bot a lot and there are always 15 people in it), Clan Vow is now doing the same on Lordaeron. Anything to improve the bot activity is important.

Of course no clan would like to have a bot with another clan Tag. That's why its renamed Ugri-Host. Also it gives me liberty to change clan easily on any realm (if a clan disbands or starts to hane no activity for example).

Game names have been simplified too : playffa #1 is faster to type and recall our ladder website name.

Our new website (playffa.com - please check it out and register w/e you can) will deal with anything related to the bot (ladder season, report errors, report hackers, small ragnarok like event). I feel like the bot need more visibility and a website should be strongly built around the ladder site directly. There were new design I wanted to implement and new options I want to try to set up. That's why this part has been separated from ffamasters.net. Big thanks to :USA: Neo-geo, we are working basically all our free time on this in order to have a brand new platform ready for ladder season two (should start on november 2nd).

From now on, any request about admin rights / maps / reports must be done there. I need to get those things centralized.

playffa.com has no objective to concurrence ffamasters.net.
Its objective is to basically replace battle.net in most of its aspects. playffa.com will work hand to hand with ffamasters.net on ponctual events when needed.

Time is running out, I will leave the :USA: in less than a year for a destination I shall not have such liberty to work with the ffa comunity. I need to put all my efforts to produce the best product possible now for ffa ladder fans for years to come.

I want to thank you all for the nice feedbacks you gave me since I started the bot projects : only this keeps me sharp and motivated to try to do always better.

<3<3<3 love you guys!

Long live FML

:France: Ugrilainen
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 03:48:01 pm by Ugrilainen »

Offline thehungersite

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 04:02:04 pm »
This is unfortunate, I don't see how splitting the FFA community can be a good thing. Obviously I'm not privy to whatever drama did or didn't go on, but maybe you were just stressed out and needed a break. Hopefully it's not just a power struggle thing. Any plans to explain why you even left so abruptly? Frankly "I did my time in FML" makes it sound like a prison, adding to the "stressed out" questions.

Seems to be the case 99% of the time with these sudden upheavals or withdrawals from something (stressed and saying fuck it I'm leaving/quitting/doing it on my own my way/etc.). It seemed like things were going so well for this to all of a sudden happen. But if the FFA community continues to grow stronger/bigger, I guess I'm all for it. -shrug-

Offline Camp_and_Spank

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Camp_and_Spank
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 04:06:10 pm »
thx for all good work, much appreciated!

GL HF in future and hopes you still will follow and comment the top games here!

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 04:51:28 pm »
@hunger : there is nothing to worry about. you will judge on the final result, give it time

Also, what was sudden for you was not for everyone. I said I thought I did my time because i felt like league work was too routine for me and I wanted to move on something else.

FML is FFA at the most competitive level but I am working on a different field. Since I started the bot, more than 30000 different players played on the bot. my objective is to get to a result close to what bnet was offering for those guys, with more options. Nothing is being split : you will follow fml, compete in league and tournament and also play on bot (I hope!).

S16 final / S17 are coming, the 300$ cup also, and soon enough you will notice many upgrades on the bot. There are a lot of things to be excited about for all ffa players!

Offline ReFlekKt

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 09:29:42 pm »
Thanks Ugri for all the work you've done and are doing, and I'm very happy to hear that you'll be active in the scene for at least a while longer.