May 15, 2024, 07:02:27 pm

Author Topic: Shoutcast Feedback  (Read 1847 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Shoutcast Feedback
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:46:58 am »
Okay, so for the first time ever yesterday I did some video editing of the shoutcast Ugri and I did.  I didn't touch the actual content of it, however I added an introduction and an outro to it.  I'm not that satisfied with it to be honest, however it was quite a bit harder and more confusing than I expected.  If you all would be so kind as to give me some feedback on it I'd greatly appreciate that. 

My goal for future shoutcasts is to have an intro and animation for the start of all the shoutcasts I do, preferably just a 10 second thing where it says FFA Masters League on it, and then transitions into the players and shoutcasters, before transitioning smoothly into the start of the game.  The ending I'd like to be a bit longer, and just have a spot to acknowledge my co shoutcaster and plug anything they'd like to.  So some of the stuff I'd like help with are what you like, what you didn't.  Song suggestions since I'd like to make the intro one the same every week.  Any help with actually editing them (I use Windows Movie Maker), and probably several other things I don't know.

My long term goal is to start doing shorter clips as well for promos, round highlights, etc.  But as it stands that's a ways away.  Thanks everyone!

Hi

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
Re: Shoutcast Feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 12:13:44 pm »
I actually found the intro to be a bit too long (I think 5 sec should be the max, although if there's an actual animation to keep me occupied, it might be better)

If you can, I would suggest combining the end credits and the victory screen.  Because we are looking at the victory screen for a few minutes anyway, might as well have the credits/links showing up while you're talking.  Either by completely replacing the video and keeping the audio, or by adding a little bar at the top

Instead of rolling credits at the end end, I would have them static, and make little clickable box over the links

The "Click to subscribe!" doesn't actually work!

(And I have no ideals on how to actually do any of those things)

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 12:25:22 pm »
Thanks Reno!  Fixed the subscriber bit.  I think the intro will be alright if I get an animated one, but we'll see.  I can agree currently it's too long.  I like the idea of having clickable boxes to link in the credits, but YouTube is a bit limited on linking to things outside of YouTube.  I'll investigate that.

I really like the idea of cutting off the score screen at the end.  But I have no fucking clue how to do that.  That's my next step, thanks!
Hi

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 12:55:23 pm »
Who did our animated video a few seasons back? Can we get him on the phone and have him whip up an animated intro for you? We're better prepared with FML logo graphics now so he might be able to do a better job.

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 12:58:10 pm »
Firedragon, I haven't been able to get him to reply to me in a while.
Hi

Offline Cheerio

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Undelicious
  • Race: Random
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 01:37:38 pm »
I can only second what Renaud said about the intro being a bit long, but otherwise good. Tbh i like the long outtro with credits, but I guess that's a matter of taste :)

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 01:48:18 pm »
The intro is more important to me at the moment because you can always exit at the end of it XD  I plan to use the first 6-8 seconds of this

Where it ends with presents and then a 3 second blip into a name cared with who's in the match.

What are your guys thoughts on the songs used last time and any suggestions for those?

Also thanks Cheerio!
Hi