May 03, 2024, 02:52:38 am

Author Topic: Dropping The Banhammer.  (Read 28417 times)

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
Re: Dropping The Banhammer.
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2011, 02:39:22 pm »
What shit? There's been 3 games, the one on Gold Rush with me and Renaud (where we both did what was in our best interest, not our fault the other 2 didn't scout), the one with the brothers and this one where Eshan asked for preteaming as a "joke".

The other games have been fine.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2011, 02:41:28 pm »
well 3 is already too much imo

Offline Kruppe

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2011, 02:45:08 pm »

As far as no PM goes, it would solve lots of problems, but I suspect that many people won't like it.
I am sure a lot of people will like it, especially after so much shit in the recent games.

Fully agreed.

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2011, 02:48:31 pm »
well 3 is already too much imo
I think those are the ones people (all 2-3 of them) complain about. Personally the only thing I found wrong was Eshan's preteaming "joke".

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2011, 03:01:11 pm »
Ban will be lifted due to mass drama surrounding this game. Both Eshan and TrL will simply receive no points for the match.

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Walking.TrL
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2011, 03:34:31 pm »
Ban will be lifted due to mass drama surrounding this game. Both Eshan and TrL will simply receive no points for the match.

Ok, I'm in this one now.  I still need explaining to me where it is clearly shown in the game that we preteamed.  If we preteamed, it would be evident that we are looking out for each others interests until it is a 1v1.  However, in the game, I tried to kill and take out Eshan...?

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2011, 03:45:57 pm »
That seems tricky.
First.
pls donīt consider the option of cancelling the overall fun thing fml because of a few causing overhyped drama.
i donīt remember the exact time but maybe between r1 and r2 i realized fml could become some troubles because of ongoing troubles which drain a lot of resources ( admins time for solving problems, guys answering to to things happened in games, not stopping, delayed games ). still with the great work of admins and the biggest part of the players who at first want a funny, good game trying to win in a more competetive ffa-envirement.
in s10 we had elessar, who is a competent ffaer, but just very diffucult to deal with not only because of his huge time-difference or mightymurrock who also wanted more to live his egocentric nature than actually having games which CAN be fun for everyone ( i donīt like both much as far as i know them via internet; [had a good talk with mightymurrock while obsing aswell so] but that is no reason for me not to play a game with them. but it was defeniteley better for the whole league not to have them in it for a smoother running, i am quite sure.
There were several drama-games or acting by players outside of games which can be considered of questionable, but that was all quite acceptable. we just cannot accept that a few trying to corrupt the system ( that sounds dramatic or philosophical or w/e, hope u understand what i try to say ), making everyone going crazy or paranoid while forgetting about the actual thing:
playing a game with the intention of having fun and winning ( whichever order u want ) without trying to prove ' bigger than life- things' , using the platform of ffa/fml to make super-intellectual statements or forms of succeding- simply taking it too serious with their actions spoiling the fun for everyone else beside themselves. i like the variety of 'virtual-personas' that ffa/fml possess, but it would be nice if they also try to adapt a little bit to the bulk of guys.
So, even when there are not so many ffa-players out there (anymore) i am sure we will get a anjoyable lineup with 32, but maybe 16 is another option which could be a good alternative. ( ofc, when 1 player lacks motivation or leaves the leauge can have more impact than in a 32 ). So i have no problem with some guys leaving the league ( i mean when i care so much about fml and winning, if i try everything to succeed i must be for banning to players who might be able to take my spot for the playoffs.) This is irony ! i donīt think like that, just wanted to add a little funny part to my more serious post.
about eshan: i always experienced him as a player who plays always for the win. i had some enjoyable, good games with him during ladder season 1/2 where he did not abuse manipping ( he has a tough standing cuz of his relentless heavy-manip style of play, i mean i donīt like that style, but i still have no problem playing him or wanting to suicide him in every game, but ofc i still can get angry or upset about his style sometimes).
about walking: i probably saw his name in some older replay, but just saw his quali-game , r1 game and had my r2 game with him. i probably overreacted about his chatting and acting, but sometimes i am really sensitive about the way of chatting he used, but also other guys are using ( from time to time), still i did not like what i saw and read, but that is not enough for wanting him out of the league or going crazy towards him in future games.
things backfired at them, i am a bit surprised that they are so surprised about the consequences of their actions.
hope i wrote understandable and mb more to come, but i have enough for now.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 03:53:38 pm by Slythe »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2011, 04:59:27 pm »

Ok, I'm in this one now.  I still need explaining to me where it is clearly shown in the game that we preteamed.  If we preteamed, it would be evident that we are looking out for each others interests until it is a 1v1.  However, in the game, I tried to kill and take out Eshan...?

After the save game. I was not in the game, so I can't say for sure, but I trust the view of the other admins.

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Walking.TrL
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2011, 05:43:42 pm »

After the save game. I was not in the game, so I can't say for sure, but I trust the view of the other admins.

Hmm... but that doesn't make sense? It wouldn't be a "pre-team" if, after 80 minutes, we started teaming star out.  If you watch the 80 minute first half, you can see that I first try to kill out Eshan but Star stops wanting to do that.  However, I still want to make it a 1v1 and Eshan is okay with teaming out Star.  So we start hitting Star from both sides of his base.  Then we disconnect and I'm frusterated with the time delay yada yada yada...  and Eshan asks me if we want to continue to team out Star.  I say sure just so I know he doesn't hit me, but not because I was going to directly just start teaming out Star.  Then Star walks over and kills both of my expansions so I tell Eshan, okay lets build 100 food armies and hit this guy.  So we did. 

So, I will need further explanation of how this is "preteaming"

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2011, 06:00:46 pm »
Well I din't see the game, so I can't comment, BUT
Walking: Hah.  Yes we are going to peace from the start and hoard and get 1 or 2 and team out the moron ebo and the soloist star. I like you Eshan.
and it's exactly what happened

However, it's quite possible there was no preteaming, and it  was just a coincidence based on the positions (thus no ban) but simply agreeing to preteam in secret is probably enough to be sanctionned
(i added in private, because many player do joke about it... but when its done in all chat before game, it isn't half as suspicious)

You are probably more of a victim in this (compared to eshan) so its a good thing eshan won, since I would have felt worst if you where the one to get 25 pts removed

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2011, 06:27:44 pm »
I think either way Walking, regardless of your actions in game or your intentions before the game, you accepting the peace offer from Eshan from the forum PMs is more than enough for punishment. Same goes for Eshan. 0 points for the game is a fair assessment.

P.S. Slythe holy shit, Capital letters, paragraphs, and punctuation please! I can't read that wall of text.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:29:23 pm by FML|DarKNeSSCaLLs »

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2011, 06:41:04 pm »
lol it was a pain to read that yeah

Offline shiKaka

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2011, 07:09:29 pm »
I'm not apart of this league at all, and i don't know much about FFA in general but i do follow this league because im Ducks #1 fan and Rebukes #1 fan.

I recently started to play FFA on bnet and what IVE come to the conclusion that FFA is all about manipulation and con-spiriting in-game. and what i mean by that, when i win its because i use other players to win and dont base the game off my own micro.. i mean i remember when Fury used to play and Yane these players that were in WC3L but wouldnt win so you have to remember that. I jsut think Unless it is CLEAR PRE-GAME pre-teaming that it really shouldnt be bad, whats wrong with a little alliance IN-GAME to help yourself? after all it is a strategy game no?

I mean i watch FFA games for strategy and creativeness whether it is teaming or not. I dont watch FFA for fancy micro or robot strategies.

I could be and probably am completely wrong, just 2 cents from a viewer perspective.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2011, 07:22:22 pm »
no you are right, we (at least i) are mostly mad about private messaged they exchanged about teaming days before the actual game

Offline shiKaka

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2011, 07:25:18 pm »
Yeah which i understand 100% and agree with.